+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lockdown quiz number 11.

Lockdown quiz number 11.

Re: Lockdown quiz number 11.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    1 Which member of the current City squad was born in a place that has a population of over 107,000 according to the last census? Maybe you deserve more clues than that, so this place had an entry in the Domesday Book when it was produced in 1086 and was the birthplace of a movement that had more than a billion members worldwide in 2012 – it also has a sporting team that sounds like a local nuisance. Among the people born in this place are a former Doctor Who, someone who made her acting debut playing Michael Palin’s daughter and later achieved a degree of notoriety for a ground breaking kiss, someone who presents three weekly football shows and a Conservative politician who had a falling out with Damien Cummings not too long ago.

Joe Bennett (Anna Friel too much of a giveaway for middle-aged pervs!)

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    1 Which member of the current City squad was born in a place that has a population of over 107,000 according to the last census? Maybe you deserve more clues than that, so this place had an entry in the Domesday Book when it was produced in 1086 and was the birthplace of a movement that had more than a billion members worldwide in 2012 – it also has a sporting team that sounds like a local nuisance. Among the people born in this place are a former Doctor Who, someone who made her acting debut playing Michael Palin’s daughter and later achieved a degree of notoriety for a ground breaking kiss, someone who presents three weekly football shows and a Conservative politician who had a falling out with Damien Cummings not too long ago.

Joe Bennett (Anna Friel too much of a giveaway for middle-aged pervs!)
    Correct and, apart from the fact I'm not sure I qualify as middle aged any more, I can relate to your last sentence.

Also, where on earth did Damian Cummings come from?

Correct and, apart from the fact I'm not sure I qualify as middle aged any more, I can relate to your last sentence.

Also, where on earth did Damian Cummings come from?
    Perhaps you were still too focused on the Brookside clue!

4. Which non league side did City play four times in competitive games in a season during the nineties?

Torquay?

9. Handy Briton could lead to striker (7,4).

Anthony Bird

17. Making his debut for the City the day after a tragic world title fight, this Cwmcarn product stood out as a player with poise and ability, but, despite a notable double at a place with links to Northern Australia, he never really followed through on that early promise. His part in a City promotion was a minor one, but he did start in what was an important away win by an injury and suspension ravaged team towards the end of the season. After leaving us, he played nearly all of his subsequent first team football for sides with varying degrees of white in their shirts and a late attempt to re-establish himself at Cardiff did not go well – who am I describing?

Paul Maddy (agree with the description, always looked like he had time on the ball and I saw him score some decent goals away at Orient and Man City in the cup in the early 80s)

No 6 looks geared for me - Alistair Brack, Phil Watkins and Alistair (I think) Burns.

3- 1986/87

4. Which non league side did City play four times in competitive games in a season during the nineties?

Torquay?

9. Handy Briton could lead to striker (7,4).

Anthony Bird
    No. 9 is right, but it's not Torquay - this side were non league at the time and I don't think Torquay were then.

17. Making his debut for the City the day after a tragic world title fight, this Cwmcarn product stood out as a player with poise and ability, but, despite a notable double at a place with links to Northern Australia, he never really followed through on that early promise. His part in a City promotion was a minor one, but he did start in what was an important away win by an injury and suspension ravaged team towards the end of the season. After leaving us, he played nearly all of his subsequent first team football for sides with varying degrees of white in their shirts and a late attempt to re-establish himself at Cardiff did not go well – who am I describing?

Paul Maddy (agree with the description, always looked like he had time on the ball and I saw him score some decent goals away at Orient and Man City in the cup in the early 80s)

13. Which England Under 21 international made the last senior appearance of his career in a heavy local derby defeat for City during the 2010s?

Chris Riggott

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    No 6 looks geared for me - Alistair Brack, Phil Watkins and Alistair (I think) Burns.
    I thought you were a candidate to answer that one - The reference material I used to set the question was only able to give Mr Burns' initial.

No. 9 is right, but it's not Torquay - this side were non league at the time and I don't think Torquay were then.
    Ah - non-league at the time not non-league since!

3- 1986/87
    Yes.

13. Which England Under 21 international made the last senior appearance of his career in a heavy local derby defeat for City during the 2010s?

Chris Riggott
    Correct.

5. Graham Kavanagh, Neil Harris, Neil Ardley, Danny Gabbidon

8. Same starting 11 in each match.

5. Graham Kavanagh, Neil Harris, Neil Ardley, Danny Gabbidon
    Correct.

8. Same starting 11 in each match.
    Yes.

15 Risca and Llandudno - Carl Dale

4 Ebbw Vale?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    15 Risca and Llandudno - Carl Dale
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    4 Ebbw Vale?
    We played them what seems like stacks of times in that Welsh Cup tie that dragged on for ages didn't we, but I think it was only three.

11. - Almost identical official attendance - 22,516 v 22,518

19. I made my toe confused and ended up a possible Oxbridge student (3,7).

Tom Adeyemi