+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Premier League football back today

Re: Premier League football back today

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I’m even more convinced tonight that this season should have been null & voided.
    Dreadful is the best description

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They’re there for the ball to roll back into play, you’d need about 40 ball boys otherwise, balls stuck behind seats etc.
    Or 40 balls.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It was not that good

I’m even more convinced tonight that this season should have been null & voided.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    David Luiz is a lot funnier than Mrs Browns Boys

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Why?
    Just don’t work without the support of the fans in my opinion.

Just don’t work without the support of the fans in my opinion.
    It’s obviously far from ideal, but I really can’t understand why any football fan would think that cancelling a season more than three quarters of the way through it would be preferable to finishing it by having footballers playing football. To me, it’s just a really strange mindset.

I can understand fans maybe not fancying watching games due to the surreal atmospheres, but nobody’s forcing anyone to do that.

The tech company have admitted their system failed to spot the goal.

It’s obviously far from ideal, but I really can’t understand why any football fan would think that cancelling a season more than three quarters of the way through it would be preferable to finishing it by having footballers playing football. To me, it’s just a really strange mindset.

I can understand fans maybe not fancying watching games due to the surreal atmospheres, but nobody’s forcing anyone to do that.
    It's different but the Man City v Arsenal game is great to watch and players showing no signs of just going through the motions.

Crowd noise works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Bloody occlusionist if you ask me! ....who the f*ck has ever used that word when describing an incident in a football match?

Oh **** off you pompous twat.

It's different but the Man City v Arsenal game is great to watch and players showing no signs of just going through the motions.

Crowd noise works for me.

And me, it’s not as if you watch the fans when watching on the telly.

And me, it’s not as if you watch the fans when watching on the telly.
    Really that’s not the way I see it when the penalty was awarded and taken.

Did I touch a nerve?

Really that’s not the way I see it when the penalty was awarded and taken.
    You watch the fans when a penalty is taken?

You watch the fans when a penalty is taken?
    Of course you can’t help but not to see the fans booing trying to distract the penalty taker. You been to a match before Parker?

Of course you can’t help but not to see the fans booing trying to distract the penalty taker. You been to a match before Parker?
    It’s not a thing I take any notice of in a televised game, the camera is focussed on about 15/16 yards of the pitch, taking in the penalty taker and ‘keeper, not much of the crowd in the picture, then it’s shown from behind the goal usually. Watching now in open play and you can see about the first seven or eight rows of the crowd on one side of the pitch on other times nothing of the crowd at all. Have a look now.

It’s not a thing I take any notice of in a televised game, the camera is focussed on about 15/16 yards of the pitch, taking in the penalty taker and ‘keeper, not much of the crowd in the picture, then it’s shown from behind the goal usually. Watching now in open play and you can see about the first seven or eight rows of the crowd on one side of the pitch on other times nothing of the crowd at all. Have a look now.
    It’s not just what you see either, the noise of the crowd also adds to the game. But I take your point Parker.

How inconvenient that two players and a goal post got in the way of the Hawkeye system. Whoever put them there should be severely reprimanded.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How inconvenient that two players and a goal post got in the way of the Hawkeye system. Whoever put them there should be severely reprimanded.
    Innit though.
    Absolutely ridiculous and must be binned, along with Carragher!

I'm not pompous and I agree with him.

Imagine Sheffield United miss out on Europe by 2 points.. ****ed over once with relegation and possibly Europe this year..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Imagine Sheffield United miss out on Europe by 2 points.. ****ed over once with relegation and possibly Europe this year..
    Was just thinking the same thing on the throne. Technology is supposed to put an end to refereeing decisions costing teams games. Instead we've seen that technology isn't infallible, isn't always consistent and is probably more highly criticised when it goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Was just thinking the same thing on the throne. Technology is supposed to put an end to refereeing decisions costing teams games. Instead we've seen that technology isn't infallible, isn't always consistent and is probably more highly criticised when it goes wrong.
    I've been against technology in football with the exception of hawkeye. I might have to reassess that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Would the goal be awarded before we had the tech?
    Of course it would - a decision by the ref and lino.

Micjael Oliver (a good ref, IMO) said he couldn't award the goal because his watch didn't vibrate.
    Hawkeye say their cameras' views were obstructed - but funny how all the camera angles Sky had showed the ball over the line.
    I reckon they simply forgot to switch the tech on.

And if refs rely so much on the tech. why are they on the pitch? Might as well ref from DStockley Park, with whistles and telling-offs over the tannoy.
    Why can't they make a decision for themselves?
    MO could have called for a VAR review.