+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Premier League football back today

Premier League football back today

Aston Villa v Sheff Utd - 6pm
    Man City v Arsenal - 8:15pm

Both games on Sky

Play offs start tomorrow and Championship on Saturday. Wall to wall football for several weeks to come

Re: Premier League football back today

Can't wait. I wouldn't have watched Villa v Sheff Utd under normal circumstances, but in the current climate I'm genuinely looking forward to it. Day off today and it's been very exciting so far - a trip to the council tip and then a stop in Asda. Pie and chips for tea. Live football on TV and a few beers later. This is the life.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Can't wait. I wouldn't have watched Villa v Sheff Utd under normal circumstances, but in the current climate I'm genuinely looking forward to it. Day off today and it's been very exciting so far - a trip to the council tip and then a stop in Asda. Pie and chips for tea. Live football on TV and a few beers later. This is the life.

Perfect day

F*cking hell, you sound like Lou Reed Midweek mitching, bloody marvellous!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    F*cking hell, you sound like Lou Reed Midweek mitching, bloody marvellous!!
    Pie and chips?? Luxury!

Midweek mitching, bloody marvellous!!
    It's been a strange week. Including today, I've got the next three Wednesdays and Fridays booked off anyway as my leave year starts in July and I've built up a big balance, so I was only due in the office on three days this week. However, the three of us who were there got sent home late on Monday morning due to a Covid-19 scare.

It was over the top in my opinion and I said so at the time, but the bosses were being ultra-cautious, which I guess was understandable. After consulting the safety advisory people at head office, they're allowing two of us to go back tomorrow morning provided we're feeling fine. Save for answering a few e-mails, there's very little of my job that I can do at home, so hopefully me and my mate will be back on schedule tomorrow.

Comes to something when trips to the tip and Asda can be regarded as entertainment, but I guess that's the way things are right now. Having a bit of football to watch this evening is a really big boost as far as I'm concerned.

It's been a strange week. Including today, I've got the next three Wednesdays and Fridays booked off anyway as my leave year starts in July and I've built up a big balance, so I was only due in the office on three days this week. However, the three of us who were there got sent home late on Monday morning due to a Covid-19 scare.

It was over the top in my opinion and I said so at the time, but the bosses were being ultra-cautious, which I guess was understandable. After consulting the safety advisory people at head office, they're allowing two of us to go back tomorrow morning provided we're feeling fine. Save for answering a few e-mails, there's very little of my job that I can do at home, so hopefully me and my mate will be back on schedule tomorrow.

Comes to something when trips to the tip and Asda can be regarded as entertainment, but I guess that's the way things are right now. Having a bit of football to watch this evening is a really big boost as far as I'm concerned.
    Did you watch any recent Bundesliga games? I have a long-standing affinity with Gladbach but turned their games of after ten minutes or so. It was a very flat and unexciting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did you watch any recent Bundesliga games? I have a long-standing affinity with Gladbach but turned their games of after ten minutes or so. It was a very flat and unexciting experience.
    No, I used to have BT Sport but cancelled it a couple of years ago when it became too expensive. I used to watch a handful of the German games when they were on Sky, but although I've really enjoyed watching Hertha on a few visits to Berlin, watching their league on TV didn't do a lot for me. Same with Spanish and Italian football - it interests me to a degree, but not enough to watch it regularly.

Hopefully, watching the forthcoming Premier League and Championship games will provide some decent entertainment, but at this stage it's more curiosity than excitement for me. Still looking forward to it, though.

of = off

The affinity is with Hertha for me, as both my son and I have developed an interest in them as my sister lives in Berlin - and we started going whenever we could. I've actually enjoyed their games on TV, I think because they've been entertaining anyway in the main, with Hertha being their usual flakey selves. I did find the crowd noises that cut in oddly after 7 minutes of the game against Dortmund highly annoying and off-putting though - although I've even got more used to them now too. I have tried watching a couple of the other non-Hertha matches, and - like you - found them a whole lot less interesting.

Really looking forward to the UK re-start later. Jury is still out on the crowd noise.

Replace pie and chips with Garlic butter creamed spinach salmon, and that sounds a bit like my day.

Banned

Don't have much interest without the fans, but have started watching the Villa v Sheff U game to see if I can get into it.

Striking that the minute's silence was greeted with silence after the whistle was blown.

I really hope I can get into it, without the fans.

No facemasks...no distancing....what a farce...money motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Pie and chips?? Luxury!
    I had fish fingers last week. First time in must be over 40 years. Bloody lovely they were.

Are we going to discuss Grealish's hair?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I had fish fingers last week. First time in must be over 40 years. Bloody lovely they were.
    Fish finger sandwiches with Anchor butter and red sauce are a recognised delicacy

Fish finger sandwiches with Anchor butter and red sauce are a recognised delicacy
    my you live a life of luxury.....

I had them with samurai sauce. Ketchup + Mayonaise + Sriracha. I actually substituted the Sriracha for Vietnamese chili sauce. Even better.

Picture gone in Llanishen

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    No facemasks...no distancing....what a farce...money motivated.
    As wind-up accounts go, yours is a desperately poor effort.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Picture gone in Llanishen
    Completely. Very annoying.

great picture here in the Dordogne....

Banned

That crossed the line! Did they forget to turn the technology on?

hOW can technology not see that the ball had crossed the AV goal line???? Miles over....

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    That crossed the line! Did they forget to turn the technology on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    hOW can technology not see that the ball had crossed the AV goal line???? Miles over....

Bloody ridiculous, goal all the way

What’s happened to VAR ???