+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Premier League football back today

Re: Premier League football back today

Bollocks - I had Black Lives Matter as first goal scorer too (terrible odds though)

Banned

I don't think VAR can be used for that because it is already covered by technology?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    my you live a life of luxury.....
    If you’ve not tried them, you’re missing a treat

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Bollocks - I had Black Lives Matter as first goal scorer too (terrible odds though)
    You still have a chance. Not much of one to be fair, this looks 0-0.

If Michael Oliver had any gumption he would review at half time and award a goal....

If Michael Oliver had any gumption he would review at half time and award a goal....
    He spent the rest of that phase of play arguing the toss and pointing at his watch like a little boy who just got it for Christmas, could have checked with var and didn't.

Banned

Technology wasn't working

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I don't think VAR can be used for that because it is already covered by technology?
    Just mentioned on Sky that VAR could have awarded a goal if they did so before there was a break in play - Villa could stay up and Sheffield United miss out on a Champions League place because of that.

cc

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just mentioned on Sky that VAR could have awarded a goal if they did so before there was a break in play - Villa could stay up and Sheffield United miss out on a Champions League place because of that.
    Am I the only one who’s wondering why the ref or linesman didn’t just give a goal in the old fashioned way, another new law hasn’t been slipped in preventing that, has it? Piss poor by the officials in my opinion, checking his watch for Christ’s sake, use your eyes man!!!!!

Since when have they had these 'cooling' breaks???!!!!

Since today, you daft twat.

17th June 2020, at 6.23pm

It was a rhetorical question......

It was a rhetorical question......
    Is that a dinosaur ???

Sky said that his watch vibrated at half time, when he was in the dressing room and said ‘goal’. Someone must have forgotten to turn it all on. VAR could have overruled at the time apparently and given the goal but they were obviously not watching or asleep !

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did you watch any recent Bundesliga games? I have a long-standing affinity with Gladbach but turned their games of after ten minutes or so. It was a very flat and unexciting experience.
    I turned the German games off due to the crowd, but I've just managed to watch the Villa game (missed bits of it which turned out to be the best bits..) and I think it's due to knowing the league and players.
    I've watched a few Cardiff games on follow through my IPTV so I'm used to it

hOW can technology not see that the ball had crossed the AV goal line???? Miles over....
    Watch didn't vibrate.

Se Man City have covered their empty seats with huge advertising covers.....

Listened for a while on the radio its awful without the driving forces of the fans .

I think they started in 2014 World Cup. Playing a cardio-intensive game in this heat and humidity would not be pleasant, especially when the players have less fitness and a more cramped schedule

It was a proven goal and Aston Villa got no advantage from the continuation of play. Why couldn't they just award the goal at half time? This is exactly the kind of cock-up that goal line technology and VAR were introduced for in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    I think they started in 2014 World Cup. Playing a cardio-intensive game in this heat and humidity would not be pleasant, especially when the players have less fitness and a more cramped schedule
    Yeah but this was Villa vs Sheffield United, they strolled around looking at each other for 85 mins

Se Man City have covered their empty seats with huge advertising covers.....
    They’re there for the ball to roll back into play, you’d need about 40 ball boys otherwise, balls stuck behind seats etc.

I’m even more convinced tonight that this season should have been null & voided.