+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Slept through most of it. Started watching at the 79th minute. City seemed pretty well organised, but terrible ball retention. The one weird thing that I noticed was the crowd noise. It was spot on. Best I've seen so far.

Decent performance with two excellent goals and a clean sheet. The only negative was Adomah looking off the pace.

Though the City look better prepared , fitness looked very good , great substitutions just a the right time ,well done City and Neil Harris.

Leeds on this form will not go up , they looked off the pace , with no real determination .in front of goal they were poor .

If City maintain and build on today they have a great chance of play offs with a full squad and even Cunningham is back in training , who knows an empty Wembley beckons ??

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Slept through most of it. Started watching at the 79th minute. City seemed pretty well organised, but terrible ball retention. The one weird thing that I noticed was the crowd noise. It was spot on. Best I've seen so far.
    I think the crowd noise is nicked from Sky ??

Whoever put it together did a good job. City fans singing City songs.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Whoever put it together did a good job. City fans singing City songs.
    Only thing missing was "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again..."

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Though the City look better prepared , fitness looked very good , great substitutions just a the right time ,well done City and Neil Harris.

Leeds on this form will not go up , they looked off the pace , with no real determination .in front of goal they were poor .

If City maintain and build on today they have a great chance of play offs with a full squad and even Cunningham is back in training , who knows an empty Wembley beckons ??
    Absolutely agree...fitness was really good. Great subs....and clever to put Smith on to help Bennett towards the end.
    Still think Leeds have too much of a cushion to miss out.. Annoying also that as we are Leeds' bogey team...so Preston are to us.....

There was more in the stadium today then the Paul Trollope days.

Great win and 3pts today for the Bluebirds.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Decent performance with two excellent goals and a clean sheet. The only negative was Adomah looking off the pace.
    Agree that Adomah is off the pace but he does not look any more off the pace than when he arrived. Reading the Forest Forum when he signed on loan the general opinion of Forest fans was that his legs had gone and they were quite happy to see him off the payroll albeit for a short time.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This result is one firmly in the eye for all the negatives on this board - especially the former labour leader.
    A superb result with 2 excellent goals hides the fact that we had 31% possession and two shots all game.

Clinical with superb defending? Maybe. But I think that the next few games may show us otherwise.

Hopefully I’m wrong. 👍

Absolute bollocks, as usual. The crowd pressures the team into playing a different way - priceless 😄😄😄😄
    You’re more likely to miss a penalty at home because of pressure. If you’re saying fans don’t influence a players performance I can show you plenty of scientific studies that prove otherwise.

It could mean that a player rushes upfield when the best option isn’t to.

“The effect of the crowd may also extend to affecting the players/ athletes behaviour in their particular event. Thirer & Rampey (1979) discovered that during normal crowd behaviour the visiting teams committed more infractions, however during crowd antisocial behaviour the home teams committed more infractions. The authors concluded that “anti-social behaviour from the crowd had a detrimental effect on the home team”.”

Now. Stop talking shit.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Great win and 3pts today for the Bluebirds.
    Yes a great win from a hardworking performance.
    I understand the difficulty with retaining the ball but am disappointed at how often we make bad short passes, particularly when not under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Can you honestly not see the bigger picture when it comes to what Patterson does? Start glatzel over him today and we do not win the game
    Absolutely agree, Paterson ran himself into the ground and was often the only blue shirt in the Leeds half. It was good to see he was looking lean and fit!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Yes a great win from a hardworking performance.
    I understand the difficulty with retaining the ball but am disappointed at how often we make bad short passes, particularly when not under pressure.
    Morrison defended well again today but he can’t pass , even over a short distance forward, to a blue shirt. Still, he did his main job very effectively today

good win today as i predicted back in march 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Absolutely agree, Paterson ran himself into the ground and was often the only blue shirt in the Leeds half. It was good to see he was looking lean and fit!
    Its astonishing how much stick Paterson gets

2 centre forwards out there today - if Leeds had our one they may have got a result.

Leeds like to play it out from the back and the mad bstard Scots man was all over them like a rash never giving them a break - we scored twice from 2 incidents of Leeds giving the ball away cheaply in a dangerous area - Paterson beat them up today leaving others to exploit - Again.

Enjoy him while he's here - he'll have legend like status when he leaves.

We gotta thank Bamford for that cracking save on the goal-line

If he’s not there, it’s 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    You’re more likely to miss a penalty at home because of pressure. If you’re saying fans don’t influence a players performance I can show you plenty of scientific studies that prove otherwise.

It could mean that a player rushes upfield when the best option isn’t to.

“The effect of the crowd may also extend to affecting the players/ athletes behaviour in their particular event. Thirer & Rampey (1979) discovered that during normal crowd behaviour the visiting teams committed more infractions, however during crowd antisocial behaviour the home teams committed more infractions. The authors concluded that “anti-social behaviour from the crowd had a detrimental effect on the home team”.”

Now. Stop talking shit.
    The crowd can influence a performance in relation to passion, commitment and energy, to keep a team going when its late in the game and the chips are down but to make out, as you did, that they influence tactics during a game is ridiculous. As is quoting a 41 year old legal case about something totally different like hooliganism. What has tactics or the way the team plays got to do with taking a penalty either - you hit the ball and either score or don’t score.

A couple of things for me. First, QPR fans who reckoned we'd bought the best keeper in the Championship, look to be good judges. Bacuna worked really hard throughout, which made up for a rather stale-looking Joe Ralls. A midfield of Ralls, Bacuna and Vaulks could play together for eternity and still not be anything other than a holding, spoiling trio.

That said, we lacked home advantage against the top side in the division and beat them 2-0. Signs are good if we can keep relatively injury-free..

The crowd can influence a performance in relation to passion, commitment and energy, to keep a team going when its late in the game and the chips are down but to make out, as you did, that they influence tactics during a game is ridiculous. As is quoting a 41 year old legal case about something totally different like hooliganism. What has tactics or the way the team plays got to do with taking a penalty either - you hit the ball and either score or don’t score.
    One evening I was chatting with the late Jimmy Andrews when he was City manager . I asked him why were teams' home performances better at home than away as surely professional sportsmen should be able to play to their best in any environment. He said the crowd and their noise/reactions had a big influence on the home side and also the away side however much the players tried to switch off. Makes perfect sense.

Interesting that Everton v Liverpool on SKY has NO crowd noise.... lack of intensity in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Interesting that Everton v Liverpool on SKY has NO crowd noise.... lack of intensity in this game.
    Noise on 401

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Noise on 401
    I am watching on SKY via hesgoal.com....just hollow shouting from bench etc......terrible game.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Just our luck to have a Cardiff Swans playoff final this year.