+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    31% Possession - 2 shots on goal.
    Leeds can count themselves lucky we didn`t have more possession then.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This result is one firmly in the eye for all the negatives on this board - especially the former labour leader.

Massively impressed with City. High work rate and well organized. Having no fans didn't seem to make any difference.
    I am, like so many City fans, a glass half empty man, (as DML 1954 can testify) but after that performance and having an almost injury free squad we must have a chance of sneaking into the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Massively impressed with City. High work rate and well organized. Having no fans didn't seem to make any difference.
    I am, like so many City fans, a glass half empty man, (as DML 1954 can testify) but after that performance and having an almost injury free squad we must have a chance of sneaking into the play offs.
    I do not expect promotion but the break has suited us more than most of our rivals.
    Having less quality in depth, NML and Tomlin would have missed the run in.
    We do have a chance of sneaking into the playoffs and we would be as fresh as any other side.

If we do succeed I fear for us with the current attitude of our owner not investing in players.
    Enjoying the current situation.

Slept through most of it. Started watching at the 79th minute. City seemed pretty well organised, but terrible ball retention. The one weird thing that I noticed was the crowd noise. It was spot on. Best I've seen so far.

Though the City look better prepared , fitness looked very good , great substitutions just a the right time ,well done City and Neil Harris.

Leeds on this form will not go up , they looked off the pace , with no real determination .in front of goal they were poor .

If City maintain and build on today they have a great chance of play offs with a full squad and even Cunningham is back in training , who knows an empty Wembley beckons ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Though the City look better prepared , fitness looked very good , great substitutions just a the right time ,well done City and Neil Harris.

Leeds on this form will not go up , they looked off the pace , with no real determination .in front of goal they were poor .

If City maintain and build on today they have a great chance of play offs with a full squad and even Cunningham is back in training , who knows an empty Wembley beckons ??
    Absolutely agree...fitness was really good. Great subs....and clever to put Smith on to help Bennett towards the end.
    Still think Leeds have too much of a cushion to miss out.. Annoying also that as we are Leeds' bogey team...so Preston are to us.....

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Slept through most of it. Started watching at the 79th minute. City seemed pretty well organised, but terrible ball retention. The one weird thing that I noticed was the crowd noise. It was spot on. Best I've seen so far.
    I think the crowd noise is nicked from Sky ??

Whoever put it together did a good job. City fans singing City songs.

Decent performance with two excellent goals and a clean sheet. The only negative was Adomah looking off the pace.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Decent performance with two excellent goals and a clean sheet. The only negative was Adomah looking off the pace.
    Agree that Adomah is off the pace but he does not look any more off the pace than when he arrived. Reading the Forest Forum when he signed on loan the general opinion of Forest fans was that his legs had gone and they were quite happy to see him off the payroll albeit for a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Whoever put it together did a good job. City fans singing City songs.
    Only thing missing was "Leeds, Leeds are falling apart again..."

There was more in the stadium today then the Paul Trollope days.

Great win and 3pts today for the Bluebirds.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Great win and 3pts today for the Bluebirds.
    Yes a great win from a hardworking performance.
    I understand the difficulty with retaining the ball but am disappointed at how often we make bad short passes, particularly when not under pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Yes a great win from a hardworking performance.
    I understand the difficulty with retaining the ball but am disappointed at how often we make bad short passes, particularly when not under pressure.
    Morrison defended well again today but he can’t pass , even over a short distance forward, to a blue shirt. Still, he did his main job very effectively today

good win today as i predicted back in march 2018.

Interesting that Everton v Liverpool on SKY has NO crowd noise.... lack of intensity in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Interesting that Everton v Liverpool on SKY has NO crowd noise.... lack of intensity in this game.
    Noise on 401

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Noise on 401
    I am watching on SKY via hesgoal.com....just hollow shouting from bench etc......terrible game.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Just our luck to have a Cardiff Swans playoff final this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Just our luck to have a Cardiff Swans playoff final this year.

Perfect season for it

Did anyone think their manager was deluded,and not very complentry to the city in his interveiw

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Did anyone think their manager was deluded,and not very complentry to the city in his interveiw
    Classic case of sour grapes I thought. OK City had two chances, both from Leeds mistakes and scored two goals. Sorry butt, but that's the way it often goes! To be fair Leeds were far the better side in terms of possession, had City chasing shadows very often, or giving the ball away frequently because they were so quick to close them down. What is it about Leeds and CCFC - both teams have obviously changed players over the years yet there is always the feeling that City will turn them over. Is there some kind of residual psychological trauma at work here?! Having said that we have Preston next - dare I mention the 6 goal thing.....

Cool Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Classic case of sour grapes I thought. OK City had two chances, both from Leeds mistakes and scored two goals. Sorry butt, but that's the way it often goes! To be fair Leeds were far the better side in terms of possession, had City chasing shadows very often, or giving the ball away frequently because they were so quick to close them down. What is it about Leeds and CCFC - both teams have obviously changed players over the years yet there is always the feeling that City will turn them over. Is there some kind of residual psychological trauma at work here?! Having said that we have Preston next - dare I mention the 6 goal thing.....
    Quite - a good assessment. 2 shots and 2 goals with 31% possession either means clinical or lucky - time will tell, but I suspect that I can guess which it is.

But complaining about the result afterwards is just poor form and unsporting. So very much to be expected from Leeds!

Your comment about Preston is noted....