+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Just our luck to have a Cardiff Swans playoff final this year.

Perfect season for it

Did anyone think their manager was deluded,and not very complentry to the city in his interveiw

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Did anyone think their manager was deluded,and not very complentry to the city in his interveiw
    Classic case of sour grapes I thought. OK City had two chances, both from Leeds mistakes and scored two goals. Sorry butt, but that's the way it often goes! To be fair Leeds were far the better side in terms of possession, had City chasing shadows very often, or giving the ball away frequently because they were so quick to close them down. What is it about Leeds and CCFC - both teams have obviously changed players over the years yet there is always the feeling that City will turn them over. Is there some kind of residual psychological trauma at work here?! Having said that we have Preston next - dare I mention the 6 goal thing.....

Totally.

Either that or the interpreter did his own thing

Seriously though, Bielsa obviously believes all the hype that is all around him and his team. No doubt he knows his stuff and is well respected judging by all the tributes paid to him at half time but he lacks class.
    I'm glad he had that attitude as it makes people dislike Leeds even more.

The commentator also had a backhanded swipe at Warnock in the game too but fair play to Mick McCarthy, he said that Warnock's way had got his side promoted, that there is more than one way of gaining success.

Without wishing to go over old ground regarding the virtues of playing good football, getting the best out of what you have at your disposal is all one can ask and NH has only added a couple to the squad. He is doing better than okay.

Harris and his team deserved some praise today for the way he went about tackling the best side in the.division and to his credit, Jimmy Floyd was complimentary in his summing up.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    One evening I was chatting with the late Jimmy Andrews when he was City manager . I asked him why were teams' home performances better at home than away as surely professional sportsmen should be able to play to their best in any environment. He said the crowd and their noise/reactions had a big influence on the home side and also the away side however much the players tried to switch off. Makes perfect sense.
    The crowd and their noise/reactions has a big influence on the officials.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The crowd can influence a performance in relation to passion, commitment and energy, to keep a team going when its late in the game and the chips are down but to make out, as you did, that they influence tactics during a game is ridiculous. As is quoting a 41 year old legal case about something totally different like hooliganism. What has tactics or the way the team plays got to do with taking a penalty either - you hit the ball and either score or don’t score.
    John Barnes reaction to Everton vs Liverpool

Liverpool struggled because at Goodison the crowd will push the team forward allowing Liverpool to exploit the space.

I thought the crowd doesn’t influence the way a team plays?

https://youtu.be/PeBx9G6SHSY

Glatzel held the ball up well, they didn't pump it at his head or aimlessly up the pitch.. he found options and brought other players into the game as a result.

Great finish.

Not bothered by the possession as it was expected, would like us to TRY and retain the ball though as it takes pressure off the back 4.

Should play an actual striker up top..unless he's missing sitters.

Cool Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 0 LEEDS UNITED. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Classic case of sour grapes I thought. OK City had two chances, both from Leeds mistakes and scored two goals. Sorry butt, but that's the way it often goes! To be fair Leeds were far the better side in terms of possession, had City chasing shadows very often, or giving the ball away frequently because they were so quick to close them down. What is it about Leeds and CCFC - both teams have obviously changed players over the years yet there is always the feeling that City will turn them over. Is there some kind of residual psychological trauma at work here?! Having said that we have Preston next - dare I mention the 6 goal thing.....
    Quite - a good assessment. 2 shots and 2 goals with 31% possession either means clinical or lucky - time will tell, but I suspect that I can guess which it is.

But complaining about the result afterwards is just poor form and unsporting. So very much to be expected from Leeds!

Your comment about Preston is noted....

Yes.

Yes, I live in Leeds (unfortunately) and most of my mates agreed we deserved to win. They were very poor 20 yards from their goal and 20 yards from ours. Apart from that, they did well

Also, Bielsa said we had 2 shots and scored both. Their massive 3 shots on target seemed to get forgotten about. Nice to see Hasselbaink giving us some well deserved praise.