+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do You Consider Yourself A Good Driver?

Do You Consider Yourself A Good Driver?

I reckon that the vast majority see ourselves as very competent behind the wheel, Often tutting when we see how other people drive yet probably not considering that most of us on the road are critical of eachover. So come on, own up, what are your faults on the road? I'd consider myself bang average behind the wheel. I do have faults (like we all do) my main one is braking late approaching junctions and not indicating for long enough-that must piss people off-What are your faults and will anyone admit that they're not as good as they think that they are, or in other cases, what makes you so good?

International

Re: Do You Consider Yourself A Good Driver?

My main fault is that I drive far to well and it really pisses other drivers off and then for some reason they get road rage and rant at me and flash their lights and sound their horns and try to cut me up.
    If they just learned to drive as well as me there'd be no need for them to do it.

Slowing down to 28 mph when I got some t wat in an Audi behind me

Audi drivers, worst in the world

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    My main fault is that I drive far to well and it really pisses other drivers off and then for some reason they get road rage and rant at me and flash their lights and sound their horns and try to cut me up.
    If they just learned to drive as well as me there'd be no need for them to do it.
    That's my point By the way, i love the thinking behind your username, you used to have a cat called 'Snaggle' but it died, so it became 'Xsnaggle' got to give it to you, that ****ing genius. Every time i see your username i think of a dead cat (With respect)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That's my point By the way, i love the thinking behind your username, you used to have a cat called 'Snaggle' but it died, so it became 'Xsnaggle' got to give it to you, that ****ing genius. Every time i see your username i think of a dead cat (With respect)
    Funny I always think he's had far too much Naggle.

I thought I was a good driver.
    Clean licence, 13 years no-claims...
    Banned for life after a stroke left me with a sight defect
    I actually did when i sold my car and it was driven away.
    Thhis was over 20 years ago, so I'm over it now.

But I remember HOW to drive, and I get really pissed off with the bad driving I see when I'm out.

my daughter purchased a car the week before lockdown, she was learning to drive ( still is, but not with a instructor as he stopped work ), she has a black box fitted, i hate driving her car, its horrid, pull away too fast or brake too hard, it marks you on everything

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my daughter purchased a car the week before lockdown, she was learning to drive ( still is, but not with a instructor as he stopped work ), she has a black box fitted, i hate driving her car, its horrid, pull away too fast or brake too hard, it marks you on everything
    Does it "talk"? Beep, flash lights or just send a report?

These will becomer the norm in a few years - everybody will be forced to drive annoyingly below speed limits, crawling around corb=ners etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Does it "talk"? Beep, flash lights or just send a report?

These will becomer the norm in a few years - everybody will be forced to drive annoyingly below speed limits, crawling around corb=ners etc.
    its all app based, but pretty much instantaneous

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Ssssh Audi lads are all about .

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm a "good" driver technichally speaking. I'm pretty careful though, I obey speed limits around town, I signal, I'm not agressive. I do drive over the speed limit on highways, but nothing crazy, I just drive the same speed as everyone else. I will admit that this wasn't always the case though.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ssssh Audi lads are all about .

It’s ok, they can’t hear me as they got either their baseball or beanie hats on, over their ears

Oi!

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

It’s ok, they can’t hear me as they got either their baseball or beanie hats on, over their ears

Has Audi stopped installing indicator lights as standard ?

I'm the best driver on the road. Every driver in front of me is terrible and every driver behind me is too close. On motorways I always stay on the inside lane, undertaking all the middle lane hoggers, just to emphasise how much better than them i am.

I'm brilliant too, the best on the road, those middle lane drivers should be arrested and put in jail for life, twats I hate them!!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    I'm brilliant too, the best on the road, those middle lane drivers should be arrested and put in jail for life, twats I hate them!!!
    Oh no your not!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Has Audi stopped installing indicator lights as standard ?
    I lived in Spain until ~6 years ago and each time I came back to UK I always loved the fact that drivers here indicated, especially at roundabouts whereas in Spain they never did. Nowadays UK is much like Spain sorry to say.

BTW, I am an Audi driver and I DO indicate....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I reckon that the vast majority see ourselves as very competent behind the wheel, Often tutting when we see how other people drive yet probably not considering that most of us on the road are critical of eachover. So come on, own up, what are your faults on the road? I'd consider myself bang average behind the wheel. I do have faults (like we all do) my main one is braking late approaching junctions and not indicating for long enough-that must piss people off-What are your faults and will anyone admit that they're not as good as they think that they are, or in other cases, what makes you so good?
    There appear to be more bad drivers on the road now than ever!

Probably not.

I try and use the correct lanes and I always indicate (on time as well not as I'm half way into the next lane giving it a flick in and off as many do) but I'm pretty impatient and lose it easily over things I could probably let go (bit I don't because then people think they have cart blanche to drive as they ****jng please..like driving down a slip road at 30 when you know the a470 is ****ing 50)

Kudos if you do that on the motorway.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Kudos if you do that on the motorway.

Don’t use ‘um Mrs doesn’t like motorways, so we plan all our journeys on A roads, where possible

Don’t use ‘um Mrs doesn’t like motorways, so we plan all our journeys on A roads, where possible
    So that’s why we took 9 hours to get to Bristol City away

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Work vans have got this stupid thing fitted that scores you at the end of your journey, it beeps if you take too long moving up and down gear etc

Shouts out the percentage at the end of your drive like some teacher on a power trip.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    So that’s why we took 9 hours to get to Bristol City away

Wouldn’t know, don’t go to that shithole !!!!!

Plenty of nice inns, on my routes