+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales v Belgium Euro 2016 full match rerun

Wales v Belgium Euro 2016 full match rerun

On BBC One this Sunday: https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/pr...ales-v-belgium

Conveniently just after City v Leeds finishes on Sky. With the Merseyside derby in the evening Father's Day Super Sunday all sorted in Chez Baloo.

Re: Wales v Belgium Euro 2016 full match rerun

Not sure if I’ll ever get fed up of the Belgium quarter final, wonderful memories of a fantastic tournament.

That's the Euro's game I've been waiting for! If only BBC had done the Russia game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's the Euro's game I've been waiting for! If only BBC had done the Russia game as well.
    It was on BBC2 on Tuesday evening

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It was on BBC2 on Tuesday evening
    Was it, the whole game? I'm sure ITV showed the match live.

It was the whole game. I remember we were comfortable but we were so dominant. Robbie Savage kept calling Akinfeev Akinfenwa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Not sure if I’ll ever get fed up of the Belgium quarter final, wonderful memories of a fantastic tournament.
    Didn't have a ticket but went on spec and drove through the tunnel overnight before all the big delays started. Bought one off a couple of German/Polish lads for 175 euro. They were football fan/touts - making money off people like me but going to loads of games and I sat next to them behind the Belgian fans. Still the best 175 euro I ever spent in my life.

Adrenaline rush didn't leave me until I parked up in the Tunnel waiting for the shuttle and realising that by the time I got back home all the direct flights to Lyon would have been booked by people who weren't there or had rushed back to lodgings in Lille to book the next step!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Was it, the whole game? I'm sure ITV showed the match live.
    It wasn't the original programme as such. There was no studio presentation or punditry just the 90 minutes of action.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

Adrenaline rush didn't leave me until I parked up in the Tunnel waiting for the shuttle and realising that by the time I got back home all the direct flights to Lyon would have been booked by people who weren't there or had rushed back to lodgings in Lille to book the next step!
    If it's any consolation I missed Lille (the delays you mentioned) but made Lyon. How I wish it had been the other way around!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    If it's any consolation I missed Lille (the delays you mentioned) but made Lyon. How I wish it had been the other way around!
    Yeah the Easyjet flight I had to Montpelier was cancelled by text at 1 am in the morning of my 8 am flight because of French Air traffic control strikes and got a flight to Basle instead. Three train hops later I was in Lyon but compared to you missing the Belgium game I mustn't grumble!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Yeah the Easyjet flight I had to Montpelier was cancelled by text at 1 am in the morning of my 8 am flight because of French Air traffic control strikes and got a flight to Basle instead. Three train hops later I was in Lyon but compared to you missing the Belgium game I mustn't grumble!
    I was going to say Basel to Lyon is a fair old slog, but I guess plenty of good services into Geneva, and then probably not too challenging from there? One of my memories of that tournament was the logistics - planning all the permutations, trying to find and book a cancellation-free cheap hotel in each place, and then the last minute travel scramble. Thought Lille would be the easy one

2021 will be a nightmare in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    I was going to say Basel to Lyon is a fair old slog, but I guess plenty of good services into Geneva, and then probably not too challenging from there? One of my memories of that tournament was the logistics - planning all the permutations, trying to find and book a cancellation-free cheap hotel in each place, and then the last minute travel scramble. Thought Lille would be the easy one

2021 will be a nightmare in that respect.
    Came out the French side. St ?? station to Mulhouse, Mulhouse-Dijon, Dijon-Lyon job done. Once the tension of not being sure that we could make it to Lyon had gone then it's a fantastic train ride though the vineyards of Burgundy. Still trying to recover the outlay for Euro 2020 to Baku and Rome, now will try to plan it all over again and could be in the same spot re the virus next year! Good luck in your endeavours if you are going!

Belgium well on top early in the second half

Brilliant watching this again.

Just watched that again. This game more than any other gets to me. I get so emotional watching it. The support in the stadium sounded incredible. The greatest night in the history of Welsh football.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just watched that again. This game more than any other gets to me. I get so emotional watching it. The support in the stadium sounded incredible. The greatest night in the history of Welsh football.
    It was an incredible evening. I’d gone out to watch all the games before this one, this one I stayed in with the wife and kids as it was one of those feelings, something special was about to happen, and it did....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It was an incredible evening. I’d gone out to watch all the games before this one, this one I stayed in with the wife and kids as it was one of those feelings, something special was about to happen, and it did....
    Our next door neighbour is English and not bothered about football. When HRK scored she was banging at our door in sheer excitement at what was happening. Just brilliant.