+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff City TV

Cardiff City TV

Anyone else got problems playing video on the TV site?

I have had the messages to say 'Warning - Your current payment method expired on 1st January 1970 and is no longer valid. Update details'. I have re-input my (unchanged) details - but still the header shows the same message.

I have tried playing the Harris pre-Leeds video from yesterday and it keeps cutting out after less than a minute with a message to say 'Blocked content - You are not allowed to watch this video'.

Annoying!

I have emailed them but it would help to know if this is a general problem. Thanks.

Re: Cardiff City TV

Same for me - I was able to access 'Latest Videos' a few days ago so I'm guessing it is a temporary fault.

I've checked my subscriptions and all is in order so I've emailed them as you have, Jon, in anticipation of Sunday's Leeds affair.

Is Sunday's game on Sky? Probably, so how can I access Sky live games as there are a few of City's games already selected?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Same for me - I was able to access 'Latest Videos' a few days ago so I'm guessing it is a temporary fault.

I've checked my subscriptions and all is in order so I've emailed them as you have, Jon, in anticipation of Sunday's Leeds affair.

Is Sunday's game on Sky? Probably, so how can I access Sky live games as there are a few of City's games already selected?

Thanks in advance, guys.
    Yes

Right, thanks - any suggestions as to how I can access Sky games for the remainder of the season?

Right, thanks - any suggestions as to how I can access Sky games for the remainder of the season?
    Buy a subscription ? 😃

Haven't checked my signon yet with club TV.
    Watch city sky games using a VPN tuned to Netherlands....then hesgoal.com or kickofgoal.com

I got the code to watch Cardiff City TV on Friday, but hadn't bothered redeeming it because I watched yesterdays match on Sky. I redeemed it this morning though, but I'm trying to watch a few videos today that I would have been able to access pre lockdown and all that happens is that I can look at the first minute or so and then I get the blocked content message.

I tap into my ex-partner's dad's account. We split up 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I tap into my ex-partner's dad's account. We split up 5 years ago.
    How did your ex-partner take the news?

I'm getting the blocked content message on the Smithies interview

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I got the code to watch Cardiff City TV on Friday, but hadn't bothered redeeming it because I watched yesterdays match on Sky. I redeemed it this morning though, but I'm trying to watch a few videos today that I would have been able to access pre lockdown and all that happens is that I can look at the first minute or so and then I get the blocked content message.
    Although I was going to watch yesterday’s game on Sky, I thought I’d test Cardiff City Live, but as I’m useless on computers, I had a few problems.
    I got there eventually.

Try double clicking City TV, it should come up with 4 options, choose live and it should work (unless watch videos is there, click that)

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Although I was going to watch yesterday’s game on Sky, I thought I’d test Cardiff City Live, but as I’m useless on computers, I had a few problems.
    I got there eventually.

Try double clicking City TV, it should come up with 4 options, choose live and it should work (unless watch videos is there, click that)
    Thanks for that, but it's still not working, it lets me watch something for a short while and then it all stops.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I got there eventually.

Are you able to watch videos on the club TV? From the few comments on here it seems everyone who has tried has had the same 'blocked content' message after about half a minute. No one has said they can still watch as they could a week ago. Something has changed and (it was the same for me an hour ago) it seems the site is not working for subscribers. The live TV option may have been OK during the match - but not the videos.

I have emailed the club again today (though they probably have to bounce complaints on to the third party providers) and asked them to put a message up on the site if they are trying to sort out a general problem and its taking time. Basic 'customer care' to people paying for a service they can't get!

I'm getting the blocked content message after about a minute or so of viewing. I was using a vpn at the time, despite switching locations via the vpn, it was still to no avail.

One thing I will say about the live coverage yesterday the picture quality was far better on Cardiff City TV than the Newcastle/SheffU game I watched on Sky Go immediately afterwards.

I was able to watch all video content last week but now i'ts blocked.
    If I were a cynical sort, I'd conclude that because we've committed to a non refund route they've decided to pull the plug on us watching club tv.

Just tried it and I’m getting blocked as well

Just emailed them

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Anyone else got problems playing video on the TV site?

I have had the messages to say 'Warning - Your current payment method expired on 1st January 1970 and is no longer valid. Update details'. I have re-input my (unchanged) details - but still the header shows the same message.

I have tried playing the Harris pre-Leeds video from yesterday and it keeps cutting out after less than a minute with a message to say 'Blocked content - You are not allowed to watch this video'.

Annoying!

I have emailed them but it would help to know if this is a general problem. Thanks.
    I had the blocked content on the videos that were already there , no problem with the actual live match ??

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    One thing I will say about the live coverage yesterday the picture quality was far better on Cardiff City TV than the Newcastle/SheffU game I watched on Sky Go immediately afterwards.
    And on Sky apparently it was a Leeds love in ???

Is it the case you only get access to the live event , as part of the refund deal , whilst full subscribers get full access ,would make marketing sense ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Is it the case you only get access to the live event , as part of the refund deal , whilst full subscribers get full access ,would make marketing sense ??
    I didn't have a season ticket any more so not involved with the refund options. I live in the UK so don't have the overseas TV option. My subscription is the annual audio package - which until last week gave me access to any subscription videos on the TV site. Now it doesn't although my subscription details say it runs until 30 June or 30 October - contradictory information which does not inspire any confidence - depending on which part of the page I look at. Either way the subscription hasn't expired yet.

As of now, I've donated a sum to City's Academy and my "reward" is that I can no longer access videos that I was able to watch before I made that donation - something not quite right there methinks.

I get the message that my payment method expitred in 1969. I just checked and all the information they have is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I had the blocked content on the videos that were already there , no problem with the actual live match ??
    Same for me - I was up with the alarm at 5.45am thinking it was going to be a struggle to get a live stream from anywhere, but switched on Club tv to see the teams just coming out; gobsmacked but pleased of course.

Come Sunday evening, I thought I'd sit and watch 'Latest Videos' - only to find the blocked message there again!

Is it that difficult to get it right; they had a 3 month break to sort it and I'm still left wondering whether Preston and those that follow can be relied on when I tune in; frustrating.