+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just eat service charge

Just eat service charge

It's only 50 pence, which when paying for a takeaway you don't notice the difference, but just seeing it added (just after you confirm payment method and payment) just slightly does my head in. Be a bit silly to say it pisses me off cos it doesn't..but they take a percentage off the restaurant as it is why do they need it?

Re: Just eat service charge

Just phone the takeaway’s direct line, balls to using Just Eat and their like. Snoop Dog received £5.3 million for his 60 second advert for them, not keen on contributing to that.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Just phone the takeaway’s direct line, balls to using Just Eat and their like. Snoop Dog received £5.3 million for his 60 second advert for them, not keen on contributing to that.
    They don't **** up just eat orders

And you can do them from the bath and don't have to leave the house to go to the cans point for the delivery money..

I order my chinese online via their own site and pay cash of I've got it.

I used to always call up, or drive down and order and wait in the car/potch about to kill time and get out the house, but with these little inventions and conveniences I've realised how anti social I can be, suits me right down to the ground, no talking and minimal human contact. Winner.

They only brought in the 50p service charge after credit card transaction surcharges were outlawed a few years ago. Just Eat claimed if was fairer to charge everyone, including those who pay by cash.
    They also keep increasing the service charge on the shop- think it's up to about 15% per transaction now. Shops cant really get out of it either as theyll lose so much trade.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    They only brought in the 50p service charge after credit card transaction surcharges were outlawed a few years ago. Just Eat claimed if was fairer to charge everyone, including those who pay by cash.
    They also keep increasing the service charge on the shop- think it's up to about 15% per transaction now. Shops cant really get out of it either as theyll lose so much trade.
    Yep, had the wrath of my local chippy when I ordered off there one night. Shop was closed as it was gone 9 so couldn't get cash, was over my mates about to go home and I was ****ing starving, so I ordered on just eat to collect on my way home "you should have phoned the order in" blah blah blah "we lose money this way"

Next few times I ordered, living a minute walk away, I ordered on just eat for delivery. **** em.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yep, had the wrath of my local chippy when I ordered off there one night. Shop was closed as it was gone 9 so couldn't get cash, was over my mates about to go home and I was ****ing starving, so I ordered on just eat to collect on my way home "you should have phoned the order in" blah blah blah "we lose money this way"

Next few times I ordered, living a minute walk away, I ordered on just eat for delivery. **** em.
    £10 cash straight in their back pocket, or £10 via just eat less charges less vat = about £6.50 in the bank account. No wonder they were pissed off 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You realise snoop is a bluebird right?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You realise snoop is a bluebird right?
    and featured me in his snapchat story

£10 cash straight in their back pocket, or £10 via just eat less charges less vat = about £6.50 in the bank account. No wonder they were pissed off ��
    Don't they amend their figures for Justeat?

Find it incredible folk pay 50p to just eat shit

£10 cash straight in their back pocket, or £10 via just eat less charges less vat = about £6.50 in the bank account. No wonder they were pissed off 🙄
    They must have been because I'm not the first person they've mentioned it to.
    They obviously appreciate the orders off the app for deliveries etc as it's business they might not have had, so it's a plus, but when people order from the house via the app and walk there to collect their view is why do it that way when you're coming to the shop anyway and could have paid cash and had the money in full.