+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Football thread

Saturday Football thread

With a four point gap between them do you want Fulham to beat Brentford today?

Or a draw or away win?

Re: With a four point gap between them do you want Fulham to beat Brentford today?

In my opinion, Brentford are a team and club that deserves promotion and Fulham are the exact opposite, so it's an away win for me even if it may lessen our hopes of making the Play Offs - something that I can't get too serious about yet given what we've seen through the large majority of our thirty seven matches so far.

Re: With a four point gap between them do you want Fulham to beat Brentford today?

In the real world, Fulham win for me. We need to win games, far more chance of catching Brentford than Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In my opinion, Brentford are a team and club that deserves promotion and Fulham are the exact opposite, so it's an away win for me even if it may lessen our hopes of making the Play Offs - something that I can't get too serious about yet given what we've seen through the large majority of our thirty seven matches so far.
    Seconded.

Though my heart says "lets catch Brentford and go up through playoffs", my head says we just ain't ready to go up yet, and if we did, we'd be on the wrong end of some embarrassing hammerings. Again.

In the other 12:30 game it's currently M'boro 0 - 3 Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    In the other 12:30 game it's currently M'boro 0 - 3 Swansea
    Well that's my Super6 gone!!

Draw.

Brentford 1 up 88th min

Brentford 2 nil (90+1)

Brentford 2 nil (90+1)
    Oh dear !!!!!

Brentford 2 nil (90+1)

Cracking second goal

Great win for Brentford and, for the first time this season, I'm beginning to think Middlesbrough could go down.

Very tight in the table with Derby currently winning at Millwall. Means Derby, Cardiff and Millwall all on 54 points as it stands.

All Away wins..........

FT so far

Fulham 0 - 2 Brentford
    Middlesbrough 0 - 3 Swansea
    Millwall 2 - 3 Derby

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    All Away wins..........
    Worrying trend with tomorrow’s game in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I know - I'm quite fearful about tomorrow - I do think the possession at all costs teams will have an advantage in empty stadiums as the crowd won't be encouraging them to 'get it done!'

Our lot only know know how to play one way...

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I know - I'm quite fearful about tomorrow - I do think the possession at all costs teams will have an advantage in empty stadiums as the crowd won't be encouraging them to 'get it done!'

Our lot only know know how to play one way...
    Badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    4 teams winning away at moment only one at home....

Today’s Games.

11 games (3 completed), only one home team winning so far, Reading.

Re: Today’s Games.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    11 games (3 completed), only one home team winning so far, Reading.

What you reading ???

Don’t keep us in suspenders

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Great win for Brentford and, for the first time this season, I'm beginning to think Middlesbrough could go down.
    I agree Paul. I kept telling myself that they will somehow get out of the slide. But now I reckon they are going down. Woodgate was a poor appointment.
    Spedger

Re: Today’s Games.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What you reading ???

Don’t keep us in suspenders
    Based on the principle that away teams, bar Stoke, are doing well at the moment, can you get the team on one of your coaches, drive them up and down the M4 a few times and pretend we are the away team....psychology😂

Re: Saturday Football thread

Away teams did well after the first couple weeks of the bundesliga restart also, not sure about since. Lack of home atmosphere against you but also no encouragement from the stands for the home team to play off.

Would make Leeds far bigger favourites tomorrow than I otherwise would have, but you never know.

Re: Saturday Football thread

Luton just levelled at home against Preston.