https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53111295

Couldn't have happened to a nicer... err... nastier person

Re: Katie H banned

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53111295

Couldn't have happened to a nicer... err... nastier person
    One of lifes low type.

Great news, hope she disappears forever. Lots of people on Twitter with a fundamental lack of understanding of "free speech" as well.

Free speech means the Government can't curtail your right to speak your mind, Twitter is a commercial private entity so if it decides she hasn't been adhering to its terms and conditions they are perfectly allowed to boot her off. Exactly the same as if you went into a pub and starting being abusive and racist, you'd get booted out, and it wouldn't have anything to do with your right of free speech.

Free speech does not equal free of consequence

Mixed feelings.

She's a vile, racist piece of shit but all "cancel culture" does is push such people underground, which can be worse. Instantly leads to the "I'm telling the truth, all these people trying to silence show I'm right" which in itself can gain followers.

Far better to expose her for the racist pos she is and counter her claims with facts and arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Great news, hope she disappears forever. Lots of people on Twitter with a fundamental lack of understanding of "free speech" as well.

Free speech means the Government can't curtail your right to speak your mind, Twitter is a commercial private entity so if it decides she hasn't been adhering to its terms and conditions they are perfectly allowed to boot her off. Exactly the same as if you went into a pub and starting being abusive and racist, you'd get booted out, and it wouldn't have anything to do with your right of free speech.

Free speech does not equal free of consequence

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Mixed feelings.

She's a vile, racist piece of shit but all "cancel culture" does is push such people underground, which can be worse. Instantly leads to the "I'm telling the truth, all these people trying to silence show I'm right" which in itself can gain followers.

Far better to expose her for the racist pos she is and counter her claims with facts and arguments.
    Not at all. Since getting banned, Alex Jones' appeal has shrunk massively. They don't want to be underground, they need the global platform.

People have countered the likes of these assholes for years with facts and counter arguments. Doesn't work.

Do you really think she'll see the light one day if enough people engage with her? Naive...

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Not at all. Since getting banned, Alex Jones' appeal has shrunk massively. They don't want to be underground, they need the global platform.

People have countered the likes of these assholes for years with facts and counter arguments. Doesn't work.

Do you really think she'll see the light one day if enough people engage with her? Naive...
    Yep, less headlines, less tv appearances, she had a million twitter followers, all gone now. And Farage off the radio, glorious.

With free speech comes responsibility

For example the idiot from swansea who said he hoped the ****** fabrice muamba would die when he collapsed on the pitch a few years back exercised his right to free speech but ended up in court

I am going to exercise my right to free speech here and say that she is a complete rotter and one of the ugliest women I have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am going to exercise my right to free speech here and say that she is a complete rotter and one of the ugliest women I have ever seen
    She must be rank if you would turn her down.

Banned

Mixed feelings.

Give her enough rope, and she will hang herself.

Wonderful news, she's only an evil, twisted piece of shite anyway so she won't be missed

Mixed feelings.

The problem being is facts and arguments cut no ice with scum like her and her followers.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

..and I'm going to do the same..Vera Lynn gjves me the horn..

think her twitter feed would have gone into overdrive tonight after the terror attack in reading tonight

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    think her twitter feed would have gone into overdrive tonight after the terror attack in reading tonight
    I'm not sure, I think she would have been conflicted.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..and I'm going to do the same..Vera Lynn gjves me the horn..
    That would have been slightly more acceptable a few days ago.