+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snowflakes want to ban Delilah now...jeez

Snowflakes want to ban Delilah now...jeez

..saying if Swing Low is banned then a song about someone killing a woman because she laughed at him should be too...
    It's not real life you *****

Re: Snowflakes want to ban Delilah now...jeez

Awww you okay hun?

Why?...............Why?...........Why?

Didn’t he kill someone in The Green Green Grass of Home as well ?????

Tom needs to see someone

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Didn’t he kill someone in The Green Green Grass of Home as well ?????

Tom needs to see someone
    But everyone he sees snuffs it!!!

Good!
    Hate the song with a pashun....potters too

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..saying if Swing Low is banned then a song about someone killing a woman because she laughed at him should be too...
    Do "they"? Or have one or two people said it on Twitter out of a nation of 4 million people? I saw the comedian Mike Bubbins mention it, maybe a few people went "oh yeah actually it is a bit weird that we sing a song about stabbing a woman because she laughed"

That's not real life either you f**king snowflake so calm down

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Do "they"? Or have one or two people said it on Twitter out of a nation of 4 million people? I saw the comedian Mike Bubbins mention it, maybe a few people went "oh yeah actually it is a bit weird that we sing a song about stabbing a woman because she laughed"

That's not real life either you f**king snowflake so calm down
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ching-18455444

Exactly what I said, one journalist who quotes Mike Bubbins. There's no big movement to cancel Delilah so there's no need for anybody to get their knickers in a twist about it

Exactly what I said, one journalist who quotes Mike Bubbins. There's no big movement to cancel Delilah so there's no need for anybody to get their knickers in a twist about it
    It's not exactly what you said though is it? You said it was one or two people on Twitter! I posted a link showing you were wrong and that its now being called into question in a national newspaper.

It's how these things work and I think you are being naive if you think it will never happen, the WRU has already defended the singing of the song a few years back so it's not much of a stretch is it?

Why are the WRU involved? It’s a Stoke City song!

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post
    It's not exactly what you said though is it? You said it was one or two people on Twitter! I posted a link showing you were wrong and that its now being called into question in a national newspaper.

It's how these things work and I think you are being naive if you think it will never happen, the WRU has already defended the singing of the song a few years back so it's not much of a stretch is it?
    But that article is where I heard about it myself, and "one or two" was a figure of speech, i.e not many out of a nation of 4 million

And the fact that it's a space filler in a notoriously shit for content online newspaper does not make it a "thing" a journalist has been asked to write a few hundred words about something which is relevant now so he has. Ultimately, the journalist has raised it, Mike Bubbins has raised it, and ok let's be generous and say for arguments sake say a couple of hundred of people on twitter agree. That's it. No need for the SnOWflAkeS BriTAiN Is BRoKeN pEA sEa gONe mAd outrage.

On another note, it is a weird song to sing at a sporting event, not that I care or think it should be banned

But that article is where I heard about it myself, and "one or two" was a figure of speech, i.e not many out of a nation of 4 million

And the fact that it's a space filler in a notoriously shit for content online newspaper does not make it a "thing" a journalist has been asked to write a few hundred words about something which is relevant now so he has. Ultimately, the journalist has raised it, Mike Bubbins has raised it, and ok let's be generous and say for arguments sake say a couple of hundred of people on twitter agree. That's it. No need for the SnOWflAkeS BriTAiN Is BRoKeN pEA sEa gONe mAd outrage.

On another note, it is a weird song to sing at a sporting event, not that I care or think it should be banned
    Men of Harlech anyone? A bit colonial isn’t it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Men of Harlech anyone? A bit colonial isn’t it.
    I don't think you can complain too much about DOO DOO DOO DOO DO DO

Banned

They should ban Stoke fans singing it. Awful. I know a Stoke fan who said I'd be impressed with their version when I went up to the Britannia to watch us play them. It was crap.

Wouldn't the snowflakes be the ones that get all upset over a song being discouraged at sporting events? Like the people that get all bent out of shape about wearing masks? The Delilah thing probably wont even happen. Nothingburger.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    not all lives matter anymore

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Why are the WRU involved? It’s a Stoke City song!
    Its not there's its Tom Jones song , I dont think they ever had a hit with it , in fact I dont think they have had a hit with anyone other than a few City fans

it's worse than that ...these days if you say you're English they'll throw you in jail.

I just read that Tom Jones said he would never sing this again....ye gods....I despair at all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I just read that Tom Jones said he would never sing this again....ye gods....I despair at all of this.
    And he is the artist of the song. Surely you should respect his wishes?

PJ Proby recorded it before Tom, he hated it apparently and the Tom picked it up, same as Stoke and rugby lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    it's worse than that ...these days if you say you're English they'll throw you in jail.
    these days...

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I think youve got this wrong, did you just read the WOL headline with a picture of Tom? The quote that I'll never sing it again was from the journalist who wrote the article 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post
    I think youve got this wrong, did you just read the WOL headline with a picture of Tom? The quote that I'll never sing it again was from the journalist who wrote the article ��