+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jazz has left

Re: Jazz has left

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Started at our academy before going to Swansea’s and breaking through there. EFL rules state there has to be one club developed player in the match day squad. I’m guessing these rules have been relaxed now as we don’t have anyone in our match day squad that covers the criteria.

For this reason I thought he had a shout for a new contract and he can cover a few positions. Just never happened for him due to injuries here.
    Oh thanks I didn't know he started with us

Started at our academy before going to Swansea’s and breaking through there. EFL rules state there has to be one club developed player in the match day squad. I’m guessing these rules have been relaxed now as we don’t have anyone in our match day squad that covers the criteria.

For this reason I thought he had a shout for a new contract and he can cover a few positions. Just never happened for him due to injuries here.
    Wouldn't Ralls fit that rule?

Shame it hasn't worked out for him but would've been a ridiculous decision to keep him on.

Did he decide to go with the arrival of Brad Smith and the return of Greg Cunningham to training , we have Sanderson and Bennett so fairly well covered perhaps ??

He may fancy putting himself out there to sign early for next season ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    40 league starts for City in four seasons:

2016/17 - 25
    2017/18 - 5
    2018/19 - 0
    2019/20 - 10

This may be a little unfair, but I was always unimpressed by the fact that he had 'Jazz' on the back of his shirt as opposed to 'Richards'. To me, that suggested he believed he was a little more special as a player than he actually is. But maybe that's simply because I didn't think he was very good.
    He played a total of 58 games,18 from the bench, a lot more than many of our recent signings Madine,Bogle,Ward,Day,Cunningham even Tomlin! As Harris said, A class player who unfortunately has been injury prone in the last four years. Hope he finds a club and gets back into the Welsh squad.

Played a part and we have lost far more cash on others over the years.

It's a shame for him really, didn't choose to be injured, but it's probably the right decision for everyone.

All the best Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Did he decide to go with the arrival of Brad Smith and the return of Greg Cunningham to training , we have Sanderson and Bennett so fairly well covered perhaps ??

He may fancy putting himself out there to sign early for next season ?
    Smith and Cunningham are both LBs aren't they? The only RB we have since Peltier and now Jazz left is Sanderson (and he was mainly a CB before moving to us). A few players can cover at RB (Bennett, Nelson, once upon a time Connolly) but it is a position that needs to be strengthened.

Too many injuries.
    Might find it tough under the current climate to get anywhere near the contract he had here.

Would expect the other out of contract players to leave too.

Only one I’d like to keep is Ward.

Great pity that it didn't work out for the boy.
    I was never enthusiastic about him but I wish him every success in the future. Maybe he can get a job in coaching , but that's very competitive

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Wouldn't Ralls fit that rule?
    I seem to remember asking that question in the past and being told he didn’t count.

I seem to remember asking that question in the past and being told he didn’t count.
    Ralls does count as a home grown player. If he gets injured I guess we'll be sticking James Waite or an Academy lad on the bench, with nine subs now it shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Massive waste of cash....

Yes and a Jack thank God he's gone total waste of money for us!

Feel a song for Jazz has left

( I'm leaving on a jazz plane, don't know when I'll be back or fit again)

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Ralls does count as a home grown player. If he gets injured I guess we'll be sticking James Waite or an Academy lad on the bench, with nine subs now it shouldn't be an issue.
    Ah ok. Maybe I’m thinking back to when he was injured and we had Cameron Coxe on the bench as that club developed player.