+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Danny Ward gone?

Danny Ward gone?

There was a story doing the rounds late last night, that Danny Ward had left the club. Has anyone heard anything?

Re: Danny Ward gone?

Think we will find out at 11 when squad is announced.

This would be a shame if he’s been told to leave (as opposed to getting a better offer elsewhere)

Given we’ve been told spending is very unlikely in the next window, I would have thought he could have played a role given our striking options

"not renewing contract" according to Dalman. Must be a wages thing. Shame, he's better than Glatzel..

On the bench today

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    "not renewing contract" according to Dalman. Must be a wages thing. Shame, he's better than Glatzel..
    Damning with faint praise.

On bench so not gone....yet.

He's scored 9 goals in 40 appearances for us in the Championship, but only 3 of those goals were in matches that he started.

Another very injury prone lad , do like his brave efforts in games , perhaps that is the issue with his pulls and tears

Dolman said they are not offering him a new contract, but i suppose he will play out his contract and feature in the rest of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Another very injury prone lad , do like his brave efforts in games , perhaps that is the issue with his pulls and tears

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Dolman said they are not offering him a new contract, but i suppose he will play out his contract and feature in the rest of the games.
    Doesn't his contact end next Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Doesn't his contact end next Tuesday?
    While we’ve had the 2 metre rule for months

Neil Harris tried to talk him up in his post match interview, saying he was a good lad and wanted game time??

Writing maybe on the wall though as it has been for Jazz, both have had terrible luck with injuries.

Think we'll find a lot of clubs will not be offering new contracts to players who are out of contract at the end of the season.
    Sign of the times I'm afraid and unemployment amongst footballers will increase just as across many other parts of the economy.

The real question is what's going on with Matt Connolly?