+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shops in city centre tomorrow....

Shops in city centre tomorrow....

Busy or most folk in work or self isolating? So quiet? Tough call but i need to go in.....what do you reckon?

Re: Shops in city centre tomorrow....

They’re queuing outside JD Sports and Primark already.

Queue reaches Caerphilly

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Busy or most folk in work or self isolating? So quiet? Tough call but i need to go in.....what do you reckon?
    They're opening, are they? if you need to go, then go. Why do you need to ask the question?

shops around here are normal now, infact yesterday i drove though town and it was quiet

of course we have been open a week now, so not the rush

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They're opening, are they? if you need to go, then go. Why do you need to ask the question?
    I’m trying to gage how busy they might be.....thanks for your concern

Banned

It's a Monday, it should be quiet and people should only be travelling 5 miles. But, kids home from school, many still on furlough, I can see it being busy tomorrow.

Couldn't think of a worse way to spend the day though, queuing to get into a shop, being told to take items home just for touching them. I don't mind going out shopping, but I think I'll be doing it a lot less from now on.

I'm not concerned

Go in, enjoy , have a pint in Traders Tavern and belt our why why Delilah

I'm not concerned
    Just knocking up a nice long report for you to read later twerpo ok.
    I won’t bore you with the details too much but for anyone else this is what I noticed....
    It was very very quiet
    Lots of shops still not open
    The only queue I saw was for next before it had opened, all gone by 10.30 and a lot of stuff on sale well cheap
    Initially, seemed like every loon in Cardiff had descended on Queen street at 9.30 with an old guy belting out bing crosby tunes on a load speaker which you could only just hear due to some African looking dude who appears to have lost his mind sitting on the floor outside boots, just shouting ineligible stuff constantly. Not too many homeless folks, but enough loose units to keep you in your toes.
    No queue in Game so all sorted for my boys 9th birthday next week👍
    Plenty of one way systems but so few people it didn’t matter.
    Make sure you have a pi$$ before you go....

I won’t bore you with the details too much but for anyone else this is what I noticed....
    It was very very quiet
    The only queue I saw was for next before it had opened, all gone by 10.30 and a lot of stuff on sale well cheap
    Initially, seemed like every loon in Cardiff had descended on Queen street at 9.30 with an old guy belting out bing crosby tunes on a load speaker which you could only just hear due to some African looking dude who appears to have lost his mind sitting on the floor outside boots, just shouting ineligible stuff constantly. Not too many homeless folks, but enough loose units to keep you in your toes.
    No queue in Game so all sorted for my boys 9th birthday next week��

“You better watch out, the PC Police are about”

It was very very quiet
    No queue in Game so all sorted for my boys 9th birthday next week👍
    I'm still not concerned.

I'm still not concerned.
    ... but his ‘nice long report’ quip did make me smile 😉

PS - Happy Birthday to Goats’s son

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    ... but his ‘nice long report’ quip did make me smile 😉

Fair play to goats, he did well with that one.

Fair play to goats, he did well with that one.
    I can still tell you care you know.....

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    ... but his ‘nice long report’ quip did make me smile ��

Cheers

Congratulations to Cardiff Council, who have managed to defy all of the odds and make the reopening of non-essential shops in the city a cause of irritation as opposed to a morale boost. The useless twats have closed the main road through the city centre until further notice for no apparent reason. They are claiming they've made this move to ensure public safety when in reality all they've done is make life more difficult for all concerned. It's a complete overreaction and will achieve absolutely nothing other than to cause confusion and piss a lot of people off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Congratulations to Cardiff Council, who have managed to defy all of the odds and make the reopening of non-essential shops in the city a cause of irritation as opposed to a morale boost. The useless twats have closed the main road through the city centre until further notice for no apparent reason. They are claiming they've made this move to ensure public safety when in reality all they've done is make life more difficult for all concerned. It's a complete overreaction and will achieve absolutely nothing other than to cause confusion and piss a lot of people off.
    Ridiculous idea to push traffic into residential areas instead of carrying on using a perfect thoroughfare. What is the bus situation going be? Three point turns at the bottom of Kingsway????

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ridiculous idea to push traffic into residential areas instead of carrying on using a perfect thoroughfare. What is the bus situation going be? Three point turns at the bottom of Kingsway????
    Last night they were actually suggesting that would be the case. I said to my partner that there wasn't a hope in hell that would work. As if by magic, they apparently abandoned the idea mid-morning because the buses couldn't turn properly. Now they are starting and stopping in Greyfriars Road, or at least I believe that's the plan. At 3:30pm when I was attempting to get home from work there was no sign of either of the buses I usually catch and the driver of the Rhiwbina bus I got on instead didn't have a clue where the others were supposed to be picking up. Neither did the relief driver for the 27 Thornhill bus, who was wandering around like a lost sheep.

The Castle Street closure will enable the build of a covered, outdoor seating area on Castle Street and in the Castle moat. This area is being designed for local restaurant and cafes to use. It will help them reopen their businesses and serve customers they would otherwise lose because of social distancing requirements on their premises.

Source:
    https://www.cardiffnewsroom.co.uk/re...ntent=COVID-19

Take some hand sanitizer and a mask. Don't use public transport. You should be fine.

Actually looking forward to see if this outdoor seating works. Very interesting for the summer, but the rest of the year just seems impractical

The council have been trying to close Castle Street for years, they’ll use the excuse of Coronavirus to permanently SHUT IT OFF !!!!

Get the barstewards voted out ASSP, the sly little shits

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Actually looking forward to see if this outdoor seating works. Very interesting for the summer, but the rest of the year just seems impractical
    I see that the green in front of the castle (the moat) is also being covered, bit of a hike from wherever you’ve bought your food or drink. Are there that many outlets on Duke St & Castle St anyway? Three pubs close by, The Rummer, The Goat Major (Bluebell) and Elevens (The Globe), what’s the sketch though? Carry a tray of beer from the bar to the green? Going to be interesting to see how it works, especially if the road reopens.

Another classic government over reaction, wait until they’ve spent 5 million on it or something.....

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I see that the green in front of the castle (the moat) is also being covered, bit of a hike from wherever you’ve bought your food or drink. Are there that many outlets on Duke St & Castle St anyway? Three pubs close by, The Rummer, The Goat Major (Bluebell) and Elevens (The Globe), what’s the sketch though? Carry a tray of beer from the bar to the green? Going to be interesting to see how it works, especially if the road reopens.
    I’ve always wondered why the pubs along that stretch in front of the castle never seem to do that well, wide pavements and plenty of footfall, nice views of the castle and grounds but never take off. In fact most just close down like the castle arms and that huge unit that used to be a motor bike shop is still empty after 10 years or so.....it could be a great location for a pub or cafe