+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Promotion. Yes or No.

Re: Promotion. Yes or No.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Very easy statement.
    We were outplayed for about 70% of the match, as the stats prove.
    The point I am trying to make is that we can continue to play matches and have a 30/70 possession stats, and it is possible to get promotion (which we have done under Warnock) but we simply cannot survive in the premiership so the best we can hope for is to become a “yo-yo” club, which gets harder as other teams improve.
    They were useless in front of goals,not very sharp , bloody language was poor for all worthless possession, I never thought they beat us

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Very easy statement.
    We were outplayed for about 70% of the match, as the stats prove.
    The point I am trying to make is that we can continue to play matches and have a 30/70 possession stats, and it is possible to get promotion (which we have done under Warnock) but we simply cannot survive in the premiership so the best we can hope for is to become a “yo-yo” club, which gets harder as other teams improve.
    Stats shmats.

Leeds are a possession based team with far better players so we were never going to outplay them and go toe-to-toe with them. We got legs in midfield, made it difficult for them to get behind us, soaked up the pressure and hit them on the break. 2-0. Wallop. The tactics were spot-on.

Our fitness levels and intensity levels were fantastic. Harris has got the players running through walls for him.

Every day I wake up and think today will be the day Susan Sarandon....in her prime ......will knock on my door offering to fix my plumbing

It's the same with cardiff city

You gotta have faith

Some good posts on this thread I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Every day I wake up and think today will be the day Susan Sarandon....in her prime ......will knock on my door offering to fix my plumbing

You gotta have faith
    susan sarandon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I love redheads

Julianne Moore is another stunner

But miss sarandon , in her day was so gorgeous

Can she play up front v Preston?

Ms Sarandon is an absolute cracker.

Didn't big lefty Ms Sarandon say if Hillary got in America would be at war now, no wonder Vlad made sure he got that weakling Trump in, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    This didn’t work for Fulham !!!!
    No, it didn't. But neither did what we tried. And I think what Fulham did would generally give you a better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You said that last time and we would probably have stayed up if Sala was still with us.
    I did say that last time and the time before and both times we didn't stay up. Also, the squad we have now is less talented than the squad we had last time. No Bruno, no Camarasa, no Gunnars, no Bobby Reid. Add Sala into the mix and how much would that lot cost?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

You gotta have faith
    Many years ago my wife and I stayed at a lovely hotel in Eureka, Northern California.
    At dinner we found ourselves sat next to SS. She was, and I’m sure still is, a lovely lady.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Many years ago my wife and I stayed at a lovely hotel in Eureka, Northern California.
    At dinner we found ourselves sat next to SS. She was, and I’m sure still is, a lovely lady.
    She is a most beautiful woman

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    This! Blackpool was the worst football day of my life.
    For many....

What was developing into a decent football thread ruined again by Sludge and his misogynistic perversions.

****ing pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What was developing into a decent football thread ruined again by Sludge and his misogynistic perversions.

****ing pathetic.
    You're not the most cheery of souls, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You're not the most cheery of souls, are you?
    Buzz off

Buzz off
    Point proven!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I did say that last time and the time before and both times we didn't stay up. Also, the squad we have now is less talented than the squad we had last time. No Bruno, no Camarasa, no Gunnars, no Bobby Reid. Add Sala into the mix and how much would that lot cost?
    About 30m. We also broke even in the PL, we won't do that in the Champ. Realistically we have too many big earners to rebuild the side in the Championship as well.

About 30m. We also broke even in the PL, we won't do that in the Champ. Realistically we have too many big earners to rebuild the side in the Championship as well.
    Only Cardiff fans could find something to moan about at the prospect of getting promoted. The mind boggles.

Only Cardiff fans could find something to moan about at the prospect of getting promoted. The mind boggles.
    It's absolutely imperative we get promoted soon, or else we are going to be in a right mess. Get up and worry about that later! I think we'd have a very good chance of getting Camarasa back on loan should we want him.

It's absolutely imperative we get promoted soon, or else we are going to be in a right mess. Get up and worry about that later! I think we'd have a very good chance of getting Camarasa back on loan should we want him.
    He won’t be needed, we’ll have a midfield of Bale, Ramsey and Allan (Brooks if Bournemouth get relegated)

He won’t be needed, we’ll have a midfield of Bale, Ramsey and Allan (Brooks if Bournemouth get relegated)
    I don't think Napoli want to sell Allan and we couldn't afford his fee or wages anyway

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don't think Napoli want to sell Allan and we couldn't afford his fee or wages anyway

See, this is what happens when you don’t get enough E’s during lockdown.

I don't think we will go up this season, as the side just isn't good enough. But if by some miracle we did, then it has to be a good thing, if only for the money it brings in. Tan has often said he wants to give the Premiership another go, so you'd hope he would spend some cash on players, and we'd make a good show of it. But even if he didn't, and we were relegated back down, we'd have that input of cash that should put our finances back on an even keel. Plus more parachute payments...
    Last edited by tforturton; 23-06-20 at 16:59. Reason: spelling