+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something Funny....

Re: Something Funny....

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Finally learned have you, after me and my mate from splott caught you out last week..
    My mate from splott and I caught you out last week

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I call them sideboards before sideburns to this day.
    Me too. I've had people try to correct me by saying they're not sideboards, they're sidebalds 🙄

My mother used to take what she referred to as 'blocker-beaters'

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Sideboards isnt wrong though just not in popular usage

A friends mother once went for a curry and instead of ordering a Chicken Jalfrezi she ordered a Chicken Jacuzzi.
    Sadly to say many years ago in the grape and olive in Alensbank Road i ordered a pint of pepperoni instead of peroni. I could have died but the young lady serving me informed me that i wasn't the first person to make that mistake. 😂

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Of course they’re sideboards.

Fun fact

The term sideburns is a corruption of burnsides, named after American Civil War general Ambrose Burnside

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    My mate from splott and I caught you out last week
    It was a trap, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Fun fact

The term sideburns is a corruption of burnsides, named after American Civil War general Ambrose Burnside
    Every time I see " Fun fact" I know it's just going to be a fact and not a single but fun. People should stop doing that, it's misleading.

International

Another fact: 'Berk' is not a quaint coloquial term of mild abuse it is extremely rude!! But it seems no one knew when I was little and my brothers used it. Mum never batted an eyelid!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Another fact: 'Berk' is not a quaint coloquial term of mild abuse it is extremely rude!! But it seems no one knew when I was little and my brothers used it. Mum never batted an eyelid!
    The word it rhymes with nearly caused my mother to have heart failure when I was about 8 or 9, my elder brother used to call me a little punk at the time. One day I shouted up the stairs to him (completely mixing my words up), “ Where’s my socks ya c*nt?”, cue my mother nearly collapsing on the kitchen floor!!

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The word it rhymes with nearly caused my mother to have heart failure when I was about 8 or 9, my elder brother used to call me a little punk at the time. One day I shouted up the stairs to him (completely mixing my words up), “ Where’s my socks ya c*nt?”, cue my mother nearly collapsing on the kitchen floor!!
    Yes, Berk is cockney rhyming slang and comes from Berkeley hunt. say no more!