+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leeds’ Cardiff hoodoo continues as City make a statement on restart after lockdown.

Leeds’ Cardiff hoodoo continues as City make a statement on restart after lockdown.

Re: Leeds’ Cardiff hoodoo continues as City make a statement on restart after lockdown.

Excellent write-up.

Though ...
    City possession to be surrounded too easily continued.
    surrendered, shirley?

Re: Leeds’ Cardiff hoodoo continues as City make a statement on restart after lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Excellent write-up.

Though ...

surrendered, shirley?
    Thanks for pointing that out, I've just amended it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good read as always Bob. Thanks

Nice report thanks.

This will have hopefully built confidence all round.

Totally agree with, watching a game where you care!

Good report again, Paul.

I agree with your comments about Bacuna and Nelson. Bacuna causes panic when he goes on those solo raids - and in the past he's shown an end product. Both a solid 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    thank you really good

Great read

A great summary of an interesting match. I have only one comment. The clearance by Vaulks looked impressive but the Sky cameras later revealed the supposedly goal bound effort was going wide.

Great write up Paul. You, quite appropriately, describe Adomah’s performance as being “largely ineffective” which, in my mind, what he has been since he arrived. I would hope that he started yesterday only because there was some doubt over NML’s capacity to last 90 mins. I would assume that NH would set up the team for Preston the same as yesterday but, on yesterday’s evidence, take a chance on starting NML ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Great write up Paul. You, quite appropriately, describe Adomah’s performance as being “largely ineffective” which, in my mind, what he has been since he arrived. I would hope that he started yesterday only because there was some doubt over NML’s capacity to last 90 mins. I would assume that NH would set up the team for Preston the same as yesterday but, on yesterday’s evidence, take a chance on starting NML ?
    It was good management bringing on NML later on to utilise his pace as Leeds pushed forward. I agree that Adomah was ineffective and wonder whether Murphy could be in the starting line up and again bring on NML later on. My hope is that Murphy will perform better without the crowd getting on his back.

Has there been any comment from Harris about Josh Murphy not being in the squad? Injured I assume - but he seemed to be there in all the videos of training sessions leading up to the game.

I agree with those who think he could perform closer to his potential without a crowd on his back or ‘offering advice’. He is one of a handful of players who have underperformed (although better before lockdown) and could make a massive difference in this mini-season.

Several of the pundit blogs before Sunday picked Murphy out as our biggest threat!