+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Re: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Hopefully the burden will fall on those who used it more than those of us who haven't. I'd feel personally aggrieved having lost 40% of my wages (whilst still working), to find I have to then pay more taxes to subsidise people that I know have blankly refused to work, and self employed people who have worked and taken the cash handout.
    you might find we are all in this together

i hate to say it, the people who are self employed will look at not earning alot and will try to avoid paying that much tax

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'll rephrase it for your benefit

Isn't that what the pro-Brexit folk call "fearmongering"?
    feck nose

Here's a shocker:

Cambridge University backs academic who tweeted 'White Lives Don't Matter' - and promotes her to professor

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

I know it's the Daily Mail but presume it's true or Twitter wouldn't have deleted it.

Back to the original topic-

The Burnley fan who organised it has been banned for life by the club...
    and has been sacked from his job
    https://www.goal.com/en/news/white-l...p1eomqkhhgia4i

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Here's a shocker:

Cambridge University backs academic who tweeted 'White Lives Don't Matter' - and promotes her to professor

I know it's the Daily Mail but presume it's true or Twitter wouldn't have deleted it.
    Good

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you might find we are all in this together

i hate to say it, the people who are self employed will look at not earning alot and will try to avoid paying that much tax
    I know they will. For some of them, it's been a very nice pandemic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Back to the original topic-

The Burnley fan who organised it has been banned for life by the club...
    and has been sacked from his job
    https://www.goal.com/en/news/white-l...p1eomqkhhgia4i
    Good. What a stupid thing to do on so many levels but, even on a selfish personal level, it was always going to mean the sack.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    What expertise/evidence are you offering here? Or are you guessing as usual?
    Guessing requires a thought process

Here's a shocker:

There really are some twats out there and she is clearly one of them . Black on white racism exists and this daft cow is culpable

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    There really are some twats out there and she is clearly one of them . Black on white racism exists and this daft cow is culpable
    To be fair, I think the Tweet should at least be correctly quoted. It was “White lives don’t matter. As white lives.”

It was about the validity of using whiteness as a criterion for lives mattering. Her view seems to be that it is a false equivalence in the context of racial injustice/inequality in which “Black Lives Matter” has typically been expressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    To be fair, I think the Tweet should at least be correctly quoted. It was “White lives don’t matter. As white lives.”

It was about the validity of using whiteness as a criterion for lives mattering. Her view seems to be that it is a false equivalence in the context of racial injustice/inequality in which “Black Lives Matter” has typically been expressed.
    Let's just say it would have been best if she had thought a bit more before she tweeted

Let's just say it would have been best if she had thought a bit more before she tweeted
    She’s been bombarded with abuse and threats and is now apparently suspended by Twitter for reposting them.

I think this thread summarises where she was coming from as far as I could tell. People may disagree but it at least provides a little balance to the Daily Mail headline (follow the replies to first post where he expands):

https://mobile.twitter.com/NicholasGuyatt/status/1276084612469608448

Your link’s feked Sludge.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They are victims of 52% of the homicides. Just google before you post. Then you know. Instead of just thinking you might know.

I do know, but does the 'source' know ?,

A certain group are killing themselves in larger numbers compared to other groups, the bottom line is that a certain group in the States make up 12% or 13% of the population but are responsible for 52% of ALL homicides, that is over 4 times what it should be, so stopping that group about 4 times more than compared to other groups as a whole in some people's book would be reasonable.

Black lives matter is not an anti white movement , it is an anti racist movement . If you cannot see that then you are part of the problem .

Just seen this on social media , I think its spot on

Black lives matter is not an anti white movement , it is an anti racist movement . If you cannot see that then you are part of the problem .

What you mean you saw the wording of the thread I've just started this morning ?

Are the Russians behind BLM sludge factory ?, as they have been behind other similar groups apparently supporting Black causes (but some people fear their support is for others reasons, American authorities have been shutting their websites).

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I do know, but does the 'source' know ?,

A certain group are killing themselves in larger numbers compared to other groups, the bottom line is that a certain group in the States make up 12% or 13% of the population but are responsible for 52% of ALL homicides, that is over 4 times what it should be, so stopping that group about 4 times more than compared to other groups as a whole in some people's book would be reasonable.
    What are you talking about?! How are one certain group responsible for 52% of all homicides?

You've been told that the "certain group" that you keep referring to are the victims of "52% of all homicides"... How does that make them responsible? Are they responsible for their own deaths because they're black, trampie?

Shall we add this "certain group" to the list of "groups" that you hate along with the English and Americans?

Yep. Just like that idiot flying the flag. We agree at last. But there is a certain irony. An idiot flies a flag over the Etihad and gets sacked but an academic posts inappropriately on Twitter and gets promoted. Funny old World.

International

I just read this on Wikipedia, from a US Survey:
    Homicide

US homicide victims by race, 1980–2008[40]

US homicide convictions by race, 1980–2008[40]
    According to the US Department of Justice, African Americans accounted for 52.5% of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with Whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for African Americans was almost eight times higher than Whites, and the victim rate six times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of White victims killed by Whites and 93% of African American victims killed by African Americans.[41][42][43]

In 2013, African Americans accounted for 52.2% of all murder arrests, with Whites 45.3% and Asians/indigenous Americans 2.5%. Of the above, 21.7% were Hispanic.[44][45]

Blacks account for the majority of gun homicide victims and arrestees in the US while Whites (including Hispanics) account for the majority of non-gun homicide victims and arrestees. Of the gun murder victims in the United States between 2007 and 2016, 57% were black, 40.6% white (including Hispanic), 1.35% Asian, 0.98% unknown race and 0.48% indigenous American. Non-gun homicides represented about 30% of total murders in the time period. Blacks were also over-represented in such homicides, although only by about 2.5 times their share of the general population.[46] Of the non-gun murder victims in the United States between 2007 to 2016, 61.5% were white (including Hispanic), 32.9% black, 2.29% Asian, 1.89% unknown race and 1.43% indigenous American.[47]

I don't think it tells us much except that most black victims were killed by black offenders and most white victims were killed by white offenders, which is pretty much as you'd expect in a country where the two don't generally mix too much.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I just read this on Wikipedia, from a US Survey:
    Homicide

US homicide victims by race, 1980–2008[40]

US homicide convictions by race, 1980–2008[40]
    According to the US Department of Justice, African Americans accounted for 52.5% of all homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with Whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for African Americans was almost eight times higher than Whites, and the victim rate six times higher. Most homicides were intraracial, with 84% of White victims killed by Whites and 93% of African American victims killed by African Americans.[41][42][43]

In 2013, African Americans accounted for 52.2% of all murder arrests, with Whites 45.3% and Asians/indigenous Americans 2.5%. Of the above, 21.7% were Hispanic.[44][45]

Blacks account for the majority of gun homicide victims and arrestees in the US while Whites (including Hispanics) account for the majority of non-gun homicide victims and arrestees. Of the gun murder victims in the United States between 2007 and 2016, 57% were black, 40.6% white (including Hispanic), 1.35% Asian, 0.98% unknown race and 0.48% indigenous American. Non-gun homicides represented about 30% of total murders in the time period. Blacks were also over-represented in such homicides, although only by about 2.5 times their share of the general population.[46] Of the non-gun murder victims in the United States between 2007 to 2016, 61.5% were white (including Hispanic), 32.9% black, 2.29% Asian, 1.89% unknown race and 1.43% indigenous American.[47]

I don't think it tells us much except that most black victims were killed by black offenders and most white victims were killed by white offenders, which is pretty much as you'd expect in a country where the two don't generally mix too much.
    Clearly those committing offences against each other don't give a stuff for BLM. People, irrespective of race, should not be killing each other because all lives matter.

Heisenberg

Clearly those committing offences against each other don't give a stuff for BLM. People, irrespective of race, should not be killing each other because all lives matter.
    No shit, Vindec. Murderers don't usually tend to care about human life.

Clearly, but Black Lives Matter is a slogan and movement focused around racial injustice.