+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Aeroplane Over The Etihad

An aeroplane flew over The Etihad towing a banner stating ‘White Lives Matter Burnley’. Burnley FC have apparently apologised and say that they’ll ban those responsible from Turf Moor if found. A bit of a far right problem in some M62 towns.

Re: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

a place I like to go for amusement is the comments section of the yahoo website.
    you wouldn't believe the stuff that gets written in there. whatever the topic someone will manage to have the worst possible take on it on there.

It is gammon central on there, and of course they didn't disappoint on the Burnley story.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/white-live...192839866.html

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    An aeroplane flew over The Etihad towing a banner stating ‘White Lives Matter Burnley’. Burnley FC have apparently apologised and say that they’ll ban those responsible from Turf Moor if found. A bit of a far right problem in some M62 towns.
    Burnley have always had a far right following

In these smaller northern former mill towns like Burnley, Rochdale , Oldham etc the football clubs seem to be breeding grounds for the BNP idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    a place I like to go for amusement is the comments section of the yahoo website.
    you wouldn't believe the stuff that gets written in there. whatever the topic someone will manage to have the worst possible take on it on there.

It is gammon central on there, and of course they didn't disappoint on the Burnley story.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/white-live...192839866.html
    It's like a nazi party get together

I have never trusted foreigners!

Too many golliwog haircuts on tv !

Jesus christ

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There's enough of a far right problem in South Wales.

The other day on social media I came across what can only be described as a retarded moron, who reckoned that all this equality stuff was a far left dream and needed fighting.

Just read the other site on this banner story

It's a bunch of swivel eyed loons

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Jesus christ
    It's when you read shit like that I wish I had faith and the rapture was upon us.

Noah prepare the Ark - flood everyone, the world is full of morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    It's when you read shit like that I wish I had faith and the rapture was upon us.

Noah prepare the Ark - flood everyone, the world is full of morons.
    Turn the lights out

Murder of stephen lawrence on bbc two

People argue we have moved on since then

Reading the comments on there , it's obvious many have not

Murder of stephen lawrence on bbc two

People argue we have moved on since then

Reading the comments on there , it's obvious many have not
    I see friends of mine saying racism isn't a problem where we live.

It's yet to dawn on them we live in a white place. If you take out the families that run all the take-aways or the dentist you can count the people with different colour skin on one hand.

I wonder if those behind the flying of that plane could come up with one example where white people are discriminated against in favour of BAME people in mainstream UK?

Whatever your thoughts on the rights and wrongs of the banner - do you believe that it represents a small minority or a silent majority?

I think there are a lot of people who perceive that “you can’t say or do anything these days for fear of being called a racist”.

And that in itself can lead to a backlash.

The young white male in a lot of these towns are in a minority themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Whatever your thoughts on the rights and wrongs of the banner - do you believe that it represents a small minority or a silent majority?

I think there are a lot of people who perceive that “you can’t say or do anything these days for fear of being called a racist”.

I think people generally believe that their own views are the correct and widely held ones.

Turn the lights out
    Massive over reaction from you two as usual.
    The flying of the banner was moronic, as are the comments on the site posted on here, but its a small minority attracted to that site like moths to a flame.
    The majority of folk in the UK realise how daft that banner was.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Massive over reaction from you two as usual.
    The flying of the banner was moronic, as are the comments on the site posted on here, but its a small minority attracted to that site like moths to a flame.
    The majority of folk in the UK realise how daft that banner was.
    Shame that you see an attack on intentional racism as a massive over reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post

I think that you have a point about young white men living in what used to be prosperous industrial towns, they have certainly been left behind and forgotten and a lot of evidence points that way, especially with drug addiction and suicide. It's no coincidence that we have a seen a rise in far right politics and a backlash against the EU in these areas, because whether we like it or not,alotof young working class white men have little hope, job opportunity and Educational ambitions. They have been shit on as well and it shouldn't be ignored.

Are they racist? Some are-Would their racist tendencies be as prevalent if there was real job opportunities in their area? Probably not.

Th working class have always been good at sharing and integrating,they've had to, sure there have been problems along the way, but on the whole, as long as their is work and prosperity, Working class people have always been welcoming and accommodating.

The problems kick in when Politicians blatantly don't care about these people, businesses and corporations are allowed to treat these people poorly, education standards drop etc. That's when the Racism and far right politics start creeping in, and they have. Are young white working class males discriminated against? Maybe not for the colour of their skin, but certainly for their class and in some cases within the middle class media, their culture.

You only have to watch "The real football factories" with that idiot Billy the limpet to see what Burnley is like.

Once I've watched us there and I didn't last until half time and got back on the train to Blackpool. Shit hole, shit game, shit fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Shame that you see an attack on intentional racism as a massive over reaction.
    Seeing what you want to see again Eric?
    “Noah build the arc” and “ Turn the lights out”are massive over reactions in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that you have a point about young white men living in what used to be prosperous industrial towns, they have certainly been left behind and forgotten and a lot of evidence points that way, especially with drug addiction and suicide. It's no coincidence that we have a seen a rise in far right politics and a backlash against the EU in these areas, because whether we like it or not,alotof young working class white men have little hope, job opportunity and Educational ambitions. They have been shit on as well and it shouldn't be ignored.

Are they racist? Some are-Would their racist tendencies be as prevalent if there was real job opportunities in their area? Probably not.

Th working class have always been good at sharing and integrating,they've had to, sure there have been problems along the way, but on the whole, as long as their is work and prosperity, Working class people have always been welcoming and accommodating.

The problems kick in when Politicians blatantly don't care about these people, businesses and corporations are allowed to treat these people poorly, education standards drop etc. That's when the Racism and far right politics start creeping in, and they have. Are young white working class males discriminated against? Maybe not for the colour of their skin, but certainly for their class and in some cases within the middle class media, their culture.
    Great post. Perhaps the message should be "All Lives Matter". That is inclusive and portrays a message that there is, or should be no, difference between black and white.

Jesus christ
    Edid Blyton has a lot to answer for.

In Toytown, Noddy and his friends were forever on the receiving end of the naughty golliwogs' tricks.,..

eexcept for the the one who fell in the stream and was rescued by Noddy, he became a friend, but "chalky the golliwog" had lost his black colour in the water!
    So he was a good guy now that he wasn't black.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Great post. Perhaps the message should be "All Lives Matter".
    Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Unbelievable.
    So all lives don't matter.

Forget it.

Perhaps the message should have been "Black Lives Matter TOO" for the hard of thinking. Maybe that would curtail all this White Lives Matter crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Perhaps the message should have been "Black Lives Matter TOO" for the hard of thinking. Maybe that would curtail all this White Lives Matter crap!
    This is exactly what they should have done. It's a lot harder for people to confuse