+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Re: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Would changing "black lives matter" to "black lives matter too" really bring many of those who have a problem with the former on board? I doubt it, some would accept it, but I'm sorry, I think most would then move on to something else about BLM that they could have a dig at.
    No we don't want them on this board Bob, lol. They can stay on A****'s board.

So...White lives do not matter? It's called free speech......If one can say Black Lives Matter then why not White Lives Matter??

Both are true...as are Yellow Lives Matter etc etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    So...White lives do not matter? It's called free speech......If one can say Black Lives Matter then why not White Lives Matter??

End of thread.........

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    If that is your argument what is there to object to the original post which is about the white lives matter slogan? I don't like the white lives matter slogan either but that's not the point. The issue is that both the black lives matter and white lives matter slogans are both questionable as they compound racial divide. What is there to object to "All lives matter"?
    The "All Lives Matter" slogan is being used to water down the "Black Lives Matter" movement. I think you have to see the context here. You're being a little simplistic not to realize the latter slogan was used to counter the BLM movement. It seems pretty clear now that it is being propagated by people with an anti-ethnic minority agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    An aeroplane flew over The Etihad towing a banner stating ‘White Lives Matter Burnley’. Burnley FC have apparently apologised and say that they’ll ban those responsible from Turf Moor if found. A bit of a far right problem in some M62 towns.
    Blackpool Airport has suspended banner flights from its base after the message 'White Lives Matter Burnley' was towed by an aeroplane over Etihad Stadium.

That'll put an end to any nonsense then. Or maybe not! All that will do is antagonise anyone who is thinking of hiring a plane in the north west to fly over a football ground with the same or similar message. There is more than airport in the country to hire a plane from. D'oh!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53152212

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    The "All Lives Matter" slogan is being used to water down the "Black Lives Matter" movement. I think you have to see the context here. You're being a little simplistic not to realize the latter slogan was used to counter the BLM movement. It seems pretty clear now that it is being propagated by people with an anti-ethnic minority agenda.
    And a lot of really thick people. They just don't get it, or refuse to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Blackpool Airport has suspended banner flights from its base after the message 'White Lives Matter Burnley' was towed by an aeroplane over Etihad Stadium.

That'll put an end to any nonsense then. Or maybe not! All that will do is antagonise anyone who is thinking of hiring a plane in the north west to fly over a football ground with the same or similar message. There is more than airport in the country to hire a plane from. D'oh!

They usually throw a plane up to advertise up coming shows for Roy Chubby Brown and Jim Davidson on Blackpool pier-There's ****ing irony for you!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

Who are the 'yellow' people, Maurice?

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    That doesn't help at all. It explains nothing. Why don't you just say you can't be bothered to reply?
    I replied, I answered your question and I meant every word of what I said. I find this kind of thing incredibly tiresome because I don't believe for a second that anyone with any modicum of intelligence genuinely can't understand why the slogan 'All Lives Matter' is totally inappropriate in relation to recent events.

Consider this: if somebody asked you to make a donation to a charity in the fight against breast cancer or prostate cancer, would you refuse to donate because you believe all cancers matter? If someone asked you to support a campaign to save the Brazilian rainforests, would you be opposed because you think all forests should be saved? If somebody asked you to back a campaign against fox hunting, would you refuse on the grounds that you're opposed to all hunting? If somebody asked you to sign a petition to save the whales, would you be loathe to do so because all mammals matter? Are you opposed to charities like Save the Children or Help the Aged because you think all humans should be assisted regardless of their age or circumstances?

All Lives Matter is not only a cop-out but in most cases it's very deliberately pernicious. I have no doubt about that whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

I'm quite sure the vast majority of small airports don't want to be associated with these banners. D'oh!

I don't support a club. I like watching football. I want both teams to score, but I only like it when it's a draw because All Teams Matter.

Incidentally, didn't Burnley's Ben Mee speak well after the game? Credit to his profession.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/53151845

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Yes I've got no objection to All Lives Matter in relation to shoving that down the throat of the right wing which has caused so much misery over the years but in this particular context Black Lives Matter is appropriate. I really cannot understand why anyone would object to it unless they're overtly or covertly racist.
    Im mot objecting to it. Just thought it could have been worded better to cover racism worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Loads of people have abhorrent racist views in this country

Go on the other site and read what crap get posted on there

By fellow cardiff city fans

It's far from a small minority

You are in denial
    Im not in denial. You are over dramatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So do you agree that black lives matter or not? Simple yes or no will suffice.
    Yes. What part of my post made you think i didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Im not in denial. You are over dramatic.
    Completely in denial about racist activity in cardiff, at cardiff city matches and completely in denial about the racist attitudes prevalent in this country

It's not just a few idiots on that burnley banner Yahoo comments thread talking about golliwogs

That sort of talk is everywhere in society but hidden

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Im mot objecting to it. Just thought it could have been worded better to cover racism worldwide.
    That would be an entirely different movement with a different message though.

The vast majority of people using this all lives matter slogan are either thick as planks or racist or both

Most of them are racist , they will deny it but they are

These are the sort of people who also dont like gay people and want the death penalty brought back , so they can watch .

The time to mince words is long gone

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I replied, I answered your question and I meant every word of what I said. I find this kind of thing incredibly tiresome because I don't believe for a second that anyone with any modicum of intelligence genuinely can't understand why the slogan 'All Lives Matter' is totally inappropriate in relation to recent events.

Consider this: if somebody asked you to make a donation to a charity in the fight against breast cancer or prostate cancer, would you refuse to donate because you believe all cancers matter? If someone asked you to support a campaign to save the Brazilian rainforests, would you be opposed because you think all forests should be saved? If somebody asked you to back a campaign against fox hunting, would you refuse on the grounds that you're opposed to all hunting? If somebody asked you to sign a petition to save the whales, would you be loathe to do so because all mammals matter? Are you opposed to charities like Save the Children or Help the Aged because you think all humans should be assisted regardless of their age or circumstances?

All Lives Matter is not only a cop-out but in most cases it's very deliberately pernicious. I have no doubt about that whatsoever.
    All lives matter is a call from the far right and adopted by the racists and people who just dont get it or are being deliberately awkward to defend their own position

The plane was a ridiculously stupid thing to do, no doubt about that.

Second post in to this thread and somebody refers to men on the right as gammon. Now, you see this label a lot these days but is this not racist as well?

I've seen people say no, it is just a name. If it based upon the appearance of somebody, and in particular their skin colour, then how can some names be deemed racist and this not? I'm a white male but if I made up a name about black people based on the colour of their skin I know what the reaction would be.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    The plane was a ridiculously stupid thing to do, no doubt about that.

Second post in to this thread and somebody refers to men on the right as gammon. Now, you see this label a lot these days but is this not racist as well?

I've seen people say no, it is just a name. If it based upon the appearance of somebody, and in particular their skin colour, then how can some names be deemed racist and this not? I'm a white male but if I made up a name about black people based on the colour of their skin I know what the reaction would be.
    It's our equivalent of a redneck

Its doesnt apply to all white people , in the way **** or wog is applied to asian or black people , it applies to the racist idiots who spend too much time in the sun in hot weather , get pissed up and spout racist abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Who are the 'yellow' people, Maurice?
    I would say those of a far eastern disposition wouldn't you? fact of life....like Africans are generally black. Welsh are generally White...

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    No. Absolutely not. Gammon is not a race.

As regards the insult being used to describe skin colour, I think I'm right in saying (although I haven't paid that much attention, so could be wrong) that those regarded as 'gammons' are not being so-described because of the natural colour of their skin, but rather the colour they turn while they are ranting and raving about their right-wing ideologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    That would be an entirely different movement with a different message though.
    Isn't it a message that should be carried world wide though, to try to eradicate racism everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's our equivalent of a redneck

Its doesnt apply to all white people , in the way **** or wog is applied to asian or black people , it applies to the racist idiots who spend too much time in the sun in hot weather , get pissed up and spout racist abuse
    So, you can label people because of the colour of their skin as long as it is only some white people?

Isn't that what the examples you've given above do?