+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Re: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Your lucky that you dont see colour??

Your earlier post you mentioned not seeing any white faces for a few hours apart from staff and how uneasy you were.

Its a nice day go out in the car to Brecon and buy some meat.
    This post has been overlooked. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Imagine a see-saw down on one side. If you add weight equally, it never moves: it stays unbalanced. If you want it to move (into balance), you have to put more weight on one side. That’s why the expression is BLACK lives matter: just saying ALL lives matter doesn’t shift a thing
    Very well put if I may say so; even a 4 year old could see that clearly. However, the problem is that so many extremists in our midst refuse to see the truth while all the time pretending they're not racist. If everyone 100% supported the BLM movement and campaign this problem would very quickly be consigned to history and to the folklore of knuckledraggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    "Go on about it" is support though, isn't it? It's vocal support. Having to constantly defend their right to protest (or even exist) from the likes of you is supporting their cause.

I've also made a small donation to BLM but I didn't think I'd ever need to declare that irrelevant point on here... Maybe I will start every post in future with whether I have donated to a cause I appreciate, just in case I get questioned by you later on.

Is that ok with you? Or do I have to meet all of your criteria to "support" BLM?

Now we're hopefully done with questioning my "going on" about BLM... Would you like to make at least one relevant point about BLM or keep going off on tangents until people get bored of replying to you?

I bet 6 weeks ago you hadn’t even thought about the subject

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I bet 6 weeks ago you hadn’t even thought about the subject
    "Shit. I can't argue with what he said so I'll try a new approach... YoU dIdN't EvEn CaRe UnTiL rEcEnTlY!!!!"

Which, even if it was remotely true (it isn't), it would show how well the BLM movement has worked to reach people to educate them and gain support for their cause... Which is the entire f**king point of it, you idiot

He's been sacked

'Burnley fan sacked over offensive banner'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12014029

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I think it is comparable with the terms...Uncle Tom, Coconut or Oreo in as much as it’s a term usually used by people of the same race to denigrate others that they don’t like or share the same philosophies.
    Correct. It's 100% racist and meant to be.

"Shit. I can't argue with what he said so I'll try a new approach... YoU dIdN't EvEn CaRe UnTiL rEcEnTlY!!!!"

Which, even if it was remotely true (it isn't), it would show how well the BLM movement has worked to reach people to educate them and gain support for their cause... Which is the entire f**king point of it, you idiot

Strap lines mean nothing unless it leads to long term change, and I suspect that in 12 months we’ll be back to square one, sad to say
    No need to send personal abuse, indicative of lack of vocabulary

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What link?
    You obviously do but are being obtuse

Jesus Christ... It's an opinion piece that explains the origin of the use of "gammon" and why there are no racial connotations attached to it. It's a political slur, not a racial one.

Feel free to disagree with the author and his explanation all you want... but just saying "ah, so it's in the guardian - must be true" makes you look a bit like the gammon that has been mentioned, doesn't it?!

I assume that you appreciate irony?

If it was a political one it wouldn’t mention the race of the person.

How Owen Jones wishes to appropriate or justify the use the word is up to him but it is clearly a racially loaded word.

Does it bother me? Not at all as I haven’t had 400 years of oppression to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He's been sacked

'Burnley fan sacked over offensive banner'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12014029
    Always going to happen but possible opportunity for unfair dismissal?

The banner could be so subjective in a court of law

Heisenberg

Strap lines mean nothing unless it leads to long term change, and I suspect that in 12 months we’ll be back to square one, sad to say
    No need to send personal abuse, indicative of lack of vocabulary
    So not point even bothering, eh? Stick to the status quo and let black people remain as second class citizens because lisvaneblue says nothing will change.

What if I had used a wide vocabulary to call you something synonymous with being an idiot though?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Always going to happen but possible opportunity for unfair dismissal?

The banner could be so subjective in a court of law
    I've no idea how it works over here, but they seem to be sacking people in the US like it's going out of fashion for social media posts etc. Maybe without all the media surrounding the bigger issue this fella keeps his job, rightly or wrongly. Probably the new normal now to see things like this happening.

There's a post on Reddit where someone has joined a group, something like white lives matter, and taken screenshots to send to people's employers basically saying "I'm getting you sacked for being racist"

Heisenberg

If it was a political one it wouldn’t mention the race of the person.

How Owen Jones wishes to appropriate or justify the use the word is up to him but it is clearly a racially loaded word.

Does it bother me? Not at all as I haven’t had 400 years of oppression to deal with.
    Explain what the connotations of "gammon" are again that makes it "racially loaded"... just for clarity.

So not point even bothering, eh? Stick to the status quo and let black people remain as second class citizens because lisvaneblue says nothing will change.

What if I had used a wide vocabulary to call you something synonymous with being an idiot though?
    Just tuning in to an on line concert where the profits are going to an educational project for Black youths. Starts 7.15 goodnight

You obviously do but are being obtuse
    Apologies, I misunderstood your comment. When you said see the link I thought you were referring to a website link you’d posted and I’d somehow missed.

I honestly don’t understand the post concerned. It makes no sense to me.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Not interested in the rest of your post but veg1960 has posted a link to a survey that shows police are nearly 7 times more likely to stop a black man than at white man in south wales

Of course as you are white and you have never seen the police stop a black man randomly and if they have they obviously had a reason then ignore the survey
    I haven't seen the survey and I wouldn't generally go looking for it. I said I have never seen it. you can gob off all you like and get on your pseudo-political high horse but it won't alter the fact. I have never seen it!! what is difficult to grasp about that sludge?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Asking a lady to put her dog on a lead? Google Amy Cooper and see what she did. She could have easily got Christian Copper killed.
    He is not a parks warden, it was not his job to police the park, morally he shouldn't jump out of the bushes and confront a lone female and then go onto say that he is going to do something that she is not going to like and not directly answering when she asked what that was and then he started pulling dog food out of his pocket to entice her dog, he did not have a dog yet he was walking around with dog food in his pocket, no doubt waiting for this type of opportunity, I did some digging and read about his background, what he did was not cricket, I don't blame her for calling the police, some people are nuts in America and perhaps this Canadian women thought this, he no doubt frightened her with his creepy behaviour.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    ****ing hell. What's boris doing reducing it to 1m then, needs to be lockdown in case people go around accidentally stabbing each other.
    Exactly. will they add the deaths to the virus tall?

If that Burnley fan has been sacked I wonder on what grounds ?

Explain what the connotations of "gammon" are again that makes it "racially loaded"... just for clarity.
    Lifted from Wiki

“Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe middle-aged white men, either on the political right or who supported Brexit”

You have to be white for this to apply. A racial profile. You cannot call another race gammon by this definition. It’s obviously racist.

Same as you can’t call white men any of the slurs or insults attributed to specific other races.

Whether it’s racial or not can’t in my opinion be argued. Whether it’s offensive, warranted, or reasonable to use as it could incite hate is totally separate.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    If that Burnley fan has been sacked I wonder on what grounds ?
    A contentious claim for unfair dismissal perhaps. I believe his girlfriend has also been sacked.

Just to let you know that the on line Lockdown Jazz concert was a success. The ticket money is actually going to the African Americans in performing arts Covid relief fund. Seems good to me

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    He is not a parks warden, it was not his job to police the park, morally he shouldn't jump out of the bushes and confront a lone female and then go onto say that he is going to do something that she is not going to like and not directly answering when she asked what that was and then he started pulling dog food out of his pocket to entice her dog, he did not have a dog yet he was walking around with dog food in his pocket, no doubt waiting for this type of opportunity, I did some digging and read about his background, what he did was not cricket, I don't blame her for calling the police, some people are nuts in America and perhaps this Canadian women thought this, he no doubt frightened her with his creepy behaviour.
    I don't look at the news. Where has it been factually checked and confirmed he had dog food in his pocket? Not saying you're wrong, I just don't look at the news cos it ****ing depresses me

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    A contentious claim for unfair dismissal perhaps. I believe his girlfriend has also been sacked.
    I wonder what they supposed to have done ?

Whether it’s racial or not can’t in my opinion be argued. Whether it’s offensive, warranted, or reasonable to use as it could incite hate is totally separate.
    Question: do you believe it’s possible for a person to give racist abuse to another person of the same race?