+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Re: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You always have to bring party politics into every single thread/post. I couldn't give a **** who's 'running the country'. They're all useless and I'll just carry on getting on with my life and my family as I have done for six decades..
    In fairness that was my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You always have to bring party politics into every single thread/post. I couldn't give a **** who's 'running the country'. They're all useless and I'll just carry on getting on with my life and my family as I have done for six decades..
    Well you say that but you regularly post political points and most of them ever firmly towards the right

Your suggestion it's all about getting on with life and family is what thatcher said .....there is no such thing as society

I most certainly give a **** about who is running the country , we have an inept country in charge of running the country at the moment who said black people have watermelon smiles , a deeply offensive racist term used in the deep south

You dont care who is running the country as long as you are doing ok

I understand

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I am not sure that webpage even in your summarised format turns BLM into Anarcho-Communists. It is an assault on the English Language though. BLM would do well to spend a little bit of those donations on someone who can write and draw people in rather than that pseudo-intellectual claptrap.
    Not even the point about “disrupting The Western-prescribed Nuclear family”?

Everything else is certainly intersectional and the rise in ID politics over the last few years has created a nasty partisan split in society and pushed a lot of people further to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    What have marches got to do with anything? Most get hijacked by either the hard right or extreme left which at best dilute the message. Perhaps in your Utopian world you don't have to think about how government finances are organised and that the State must pay for everything. Wouldn't it be great if child poverty, and all the other things you mention could be reformed but that is unrealistic unfortunately ( aside from the BLM situation) given the state of government finances. It's very easy to protest and go on marches without thinking about how these things are to be funded. Nobody would disagree with the aspirations you have highlighted but where is the money to come from; increased taxation perhaps but that introduces a new set of problems such as higher unemployment. Tell me which government left or right who can afford to pay for the Utopian Society you believe would or even could exist under Labour?
    Straight out of the conservative party manifesto that one

What do marches about child poverty , poor wages and racism achieve ?

Well actually quite a lot

Direct action is often the last recourse

Emily pankhurst got votes for women after throwing herself under a horse , that was a worthy protest I think

And of course when the racist far right english defence league came to cardiff loads of people marched against them and they havnt been seen since

As for government spending taxation is going to have to rise now more than ever before or we will have riots far bigger than those associated with political protests

If the tories dont do it then more fool them

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Everything else is certainly intersectional and the rise in ID politics over the last few years has created a nasty partisan split in society and pushed a lot of people further to the right.
    The right has been on the march for years in america and europe

It needs to be met head on

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    In america the bible bashing right wing lunatics have labelled black lives matters commies

And as is usual the right wing over here are following them
    You are off your chops with this.
    Like most of your posts, you offer zero nuance and spout it in such a “know it all” way.

It reminds me of “Rik” from the Young Ones.

The right has been on the march for years in america and europe

It needs to be met head on
    Right on
    Smash the State Comrade!!

You are off your chops with this.
    Like most of your posts, you offer zero nuance and spout it in such a “know it all” way.

It reminds me of “Rik” from the Young Ones.
    So you dont think that the gun toting bible belt Republicans think people supporting the black lives matter protest are commies and pinkos ?

Right on
    Smash the State Comrade!!
    Or alternatively sit on your arse

If the far right march again in cardiff I will be there protesting against them

If you , living in washington DC in as you have said is a nice area hear that the far right goon squad are marching spouting their message , what are you going to do ?

Join up with your black friends and confront them or post on here ?

So you dont think that the gun toting bible belt Republicans think people supporting the black lives matter protest are commies and pinkos ?
    You just pick the lowest common denominator and castigate swathes of Middle America in one swoop.

Or alternatively sit on your arse

If the far right march again in cardiff I will be there protesting against them

If you , living in washington DC in as you have said is a nice area hear that the far right goon squad are marching spouting their message , what are you going to do ?

Join up with your black friends and confront them or post on here ?
    So nothing to do with Antifa?

I’ve been invited to join marches by local organizers and I would go...it’s just not safe though.

In the last week joined the call to boycott a prominent local business because of the owners blatant racism and I have signed a position to remove the long time treasure of the county I live in for tasteless remarks about Aunt Jemima.

Not much I know compared to many.
    When it’s safe to do so, I will certainly be marching and protesting for Black Lives regardless of whatever vehicle is driving it.

The full quote was" We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable".

As a rallying call to the barricades it seems to fall some way short of the Anarcho-Communism definition of a political philosophy and anarchist school of thought which advocates the abolition of the state, capitalism, wage labour and private property (while retaining respect for personal property, along with collectively-owned items, goods and services) in favor of common ownership of the means of production.

Emily pankhurst got votes for women after throwing herself under a horse , that was a worthy protest I think

And of course when the racist far right english defence league came to cardiff loads of people marched against them and they havnt been seen since

As for government spending taxation is going to have to rise now more than ever before or we will have riots far bigger than those associated with political protests

No doubt you will join the rioters/marchers when tax rises. I must admit that you were not nearly so vociferous during the anti semite accusations against the Labour Party as you are supporting the BLM movement. As an aside I see Rebecca Long Bailey has been sacked this afternoon for an implied anti semite tweet and there have been objections to the sackings by some Labour MPs and supporters. I note you didn't reply to my question asking which government can afford to pay for the Utopian Society you believe is possible. You can march as much of you like but at some point a sense of realism has to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I doubt it but why didn't that Burnley tosser think about displaying that rather than his racist garbage?
    What was racist about the banner display? white lives matter , black lives matter is exactly the same..

International

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    What was racist about the banner display? white lives matter , black lives matter is exactly the same..
    The police said they have 'looked into' the incident and can see no reason for any criminal action.

International

Emily Pankhurst never threw herself under anything.

You just pick the lowest common denominator and castigate swathes of Middle America in one swoop.
    I am not talking about middle america

I am talking about the bible belt Republican goons

So nothing to do with Antifa?

I’ve been invited to join marches by local organizers and I would go...it’s just not safe though.

In the last week joined the call to boycott a prominent local business because of the owners blatant racism and I have signed a position to remove the long time treasure of the county I live in for tasteless remarks about Aunt Jemima.

Not much I know compared to many.
    When it’s safe to do so, I will certainly be marching and protesting for Black Lives regardless of whatever vehicle is driving it.
    No nothing to do with anti fascist action

TUC were prominent as were a lot of community groups

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Emily Pankhurst never threw herself under anything.
    Nor did Emmeline Davison.

But Sludge is referring to Emily Davison - and although her death wasn't the main event behind women getting the vote (although the film Suffragette implied it) it was a significant milestone. Direct action is often what provokes change when the talking is going nowhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    No doubt you will join the rioters/marchers when tax rises. I must admit that you were not nearly so vociferous during the anti semite accusations against the Labour Party as you are supporting the BLM movement. As an aside I see Rebecca Long Bailey has been sacked this afternoon for an implied anti semite tweet and there have been objections to the sackings by some Labour MPs and supporters. I note you didn't reply to my question asking which government can afford to pay for the Utopian Society you believe is possible. You can march as much of you like but at some point a sense of realism has to exist.
    No I wont be marching against tax rises as we will need them . That's the point . The people who will be pissed off with the tax rises will be the rich .

I think the labour party has many people who are anti Zionist and I agree with much of what they say but this the labour party is anti semite is a load of old cobblers .

A government that raises taxes and distributes wealth is one I want , which is what I told you

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Fecking hell another one lines up

Its like trying to educate a lump of cheese

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The police said they have 'looked into' the incident and can see no reason for any criminal action.
    You can be a complete and utter racist **** without getting lifted by the police

Well you say that but you regularly post political points and most of them ever firmly towards the right

Your suggestion it's all about getting on with life and family is what thatcher said .....there is no such thing as society

I most certainly give a **** about who is running the country , we have an inept country in charge of running the country at the moment who said black people have watermelon smiles , a deeply offensive racist term used in the deep south

You dont care who is running the country as long as you are doing ok

I understand
    That's funny, you've completely mis-interpreted what I said. Put it this way, I don't look to government/politics to determine every living breathing moment of my life. I also don't see them as the scapegoats for all that goes wrong in life.

Sludge.

Give up its not worth it.

The Burnley captain summed that banner up brilliantly.

Its not worth your time and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Nor did Emmeline Davison.

But Sludge is referring to Emily Davison - and although her death wasn't the main event behind women getting the vote (although the film Suffragette implied it) it was a significant milestone. Direct action is often what provokes change when the talking is going nowhere!
    I was actually referring to Emily pankhurst lol , who I thought threw herself under a horse but you are right , direct action is what I was implying