+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Re: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    9 pages and still going strong.

I don't support the BLM organistion.

I do agree that black people are just as worthwhile as white or any other colour.

I don't think I'm a racist.
    Seems to me that the word "racist" and how we define and apply it is half the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I don't know, but he was in court within 24hrs and banged up in prison an hour later - not much time to prepare a defence
    What defence could there possibly be? His counsel, Stuart Harris, told the court his client had mental issues, was ashamed by his actions and was basically bolloxed. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems to me that the word "racist" and how we define and apply it is half the problem here.
    Thats what I was thinking - OED defines it as "belief in the superiority of a particular race"

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Thats what I was thinking - OED defines it as "belief in the superiority of a particular race"
    Don't start quoting dictionaries and definitions while blue lewj is lurking, for God's sake.

"outraging public decency". A rather subjective count, open to interpretation and bias. If it were in front of a group of kids, or a group of picnickers, yes, but he was facing the wall - and I doubt anyone was 'outraged' except the BLM supporter who took the photo and alerted the coppers. Did he have a solicitor ? I doubt it.
    I don't think the niceties matter. Another right wing scumbag has been banged up. Somehow, the air smells sweeter as a result.

They're also 7 times more likely to stop an under 25yr old as opposed to an over 60yr old. There's discrimination for you..
    the

Of course

But we are talking here about black people being stopped

Which is racial discrimination

Or are you denying the facts staring you in the face ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    the

Of course

But we are talking here about black people being stopped

Which is racial discrimination

Or are you denying the facts staring you in the face ?
    Don't be rude. There's no need for it.

I don't know, but he was in court within 24hrs and banged up in prison an hour later - not much time to prepare a defence
    He must have admitted a charge of outraging public decency

If he didnt have a solicitor he had the right to one

Are you saying that a black lives matter pissing on a statue of Winston Churchill wouldnt have got 14 days in jail ?

The police are investigating damage done to churchill's statue

I bet you if people are convicted of criminal damage they will get what's coming to them

Don't be rude. There's no need for it.
    I am asking you a direct question

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Don't start quoting dictionaries and definitions while blue lewj is lurking, for God's sake.
    Can't let it go can you judge.

If I want to lurk, I will. Sadly for you on your high horse you can't do much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I don't get you. You say you have complete sympathy towards black people for reasons you quote. Had you experienced racism for being white you'd have really experienced what the vast majority of black people experience quite regularly. You clearly have some solidarity with black people yet you can't support Black Lives Matter, which is quite mystifying.

The horrendous events at Reading aren't a part of the equation here. Say you supported Dogs Lives Matter and you have solidarity with all neglected dogs. You want to raise awareness of this in the hope everyone will join you. Someone says All Animals Lives Matter and claims that includes dogs. You think that it's a shame they can't join your campaign about neglected dogs. A litter of kittens get drowned. Someone then pipes up with Cats Lives Matter.

It's the same thing here. While it's all well and good saying all lives matter, and if those who want to feel a need to highlight white lives matter, this is specifically about solidarity with black people and raising awareness of the needless racism they face in our predominantly white country and western world and hope that can be put to an end. Saying all lives matter doesn't specifically say you have solidarity with black people in their struggles. If you feel you don't need to, you're a part of the problem.
    Ive never said that I don't support BLM, and whether I do or not is nothing to do with you. The events in Reading are part of the equation, because one event in USA gets the world on its feet and statues overthrown. The other some news headlines period.

I suppose Im lucky in some respects, I just don't see colour in people. White, Black, Green whatever has never mattered to me. I was a sales manager for some time in my career. Had a round 60 reps working in my team, so you might imagine recruitment was a significant part of my job. In interviews all I wanted was people with ability. Colour, sex, age just didn't feature. Ability and potential was all, plus of course they had to fit into the company salary scales.

I worked for a Jamaican boss later in my career and we had a great work ethic and rapport. His devotion and energy were legend and set the standard for his business responsibilities.

Ive worked with people from different races all over the world, here and abroad. The most important things I saw and learned over the years is that we appreciate our similarities, likewise our differences and most important that we treat each other with mutual respect and friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    The events in Reading are part of the equation....
    They're really not. Totally separate issues.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Can't let it go can you judge.
    I let it go last night, but you couldn't resist bringing me back into your argument (along with a few disparaging personal remarks) this morning.

You can lurk to your hearts content as far as I'm concerned, sweet pants. One more clown posting rubbish on here is hardly going to tip the balance, is it?

Out of interest, how do you know that?
    From a third person who I trust. You may know from past posts that I used to work for the UK sub of a large USA Pharma company. One of the victims was an American citizen who worked in the UK for a USA Pharma company. You see the link?

I let it go last night, but you couldn't resist bringing me back into your argument (along with a few disparaging personal remarks) this morning.

You can lurk to your hearts content as far as I'm concerned, sweet pants. One more clown posting rubbish on here is hardly going to tip the balance, is it?

People welcome you and your high opinion of yourself here so all are more than welcome in my eyes.

You think I'm a clown, I think you're a bigger one who proves it time and again on here. It's all about opinions.

They're really not. Totally separate issues.
    You need to look at the bigger picture

Imagine a see-saw down on one side. If you add weight equally, it never moves: it stays unbalanced. If you want it to move (into balance), you have to put more weight on one side. That’s why the expression is BLACK lives matter: just saying ALL lives matter doesn’t shift a thing

Ive never said that I don't support BLM, and whether I do or not is nothing to do with you. The events in Reading are part of the equation, because one event in USA gets the world on its feet and statues overthrown. The other some news headlines period.

I suppose Im lucky in some respects, I just don't see colour in people. White, Black, Green whatever has never mattered to me. I was a sales manager for some time in my career. Had a round 60 reps working in my team, so you might imagine recruitment was a significant part of my job. In interviews all I wanted was people with ability. Colour, sex, age just didn't feature. Ability and potential was all, plus of course they had to fit into the company salary scales.

I worked for a Jamaican boss later in my career and we had a great work ethic and rapport. His devotion and energy were legend and set the standard for his business responsibilities.

Ive worked with people from different races all over the world, here and abroad. The most important things I saw and learned over the years is that we appreciate our similarities, likewise our differences and most important that we treat each other with mutual respect and friendship.
    Your lucky that you dont see colour??

Your earlier post you mentioned not seeing any white faces for a few hours apart from staff and how uneasy you were.

Its a nice day go out in the car to Brecon and buy some meat.

So Black Lives Matter is a small thing in the bigger picture?

So you do support black lives matter ?

I do , if you dont I think it's a perfectly fair question to ask why not ?

Do you think the people supporting the black lives matter movement do not treat people of different races with respect ?

From a third person who I trust. You may know from past posts that I used to work for the UK sub of a large USA Pharma company. One of the victims was an American citizen who worked in the UK for a USA Pharma company. You see the link?
    What link?

You think I'm a clown, I think you're a bigger one who proves it time and again on here.
    Well done you. When I took a guess at your age yesterday I think in retrospect I greatly over-estimated it.

You need to give your head a wobble. It probably wouldn't do much good, though.

Well done you. When I took a guess at your age yesterday I think in retrospect I greatly over-estimated it.

Said you? Ha ha.

How old are you again? Boycotted, climbed down and gets his kicks believing he proves everybody wrong on an internet message board. A message board of a team he no longer supports in any way.

Move on lad. It'll do you good.
    Please don't list all of your other interests like you have previously. It was boring last time.

Let it go.

How old are you again? Boycotted, climbed down and gets his kicks believing he proves everybody wrong on an internet message board. A message board of a team he no longer supports in any way.
    I'm 53. I boycotted the club while it was playing home games in red, like I said I would. Didn't go to a single game during that period. Returned to watch a few games now and then since the return to blue, but haven't bought a ticket for a home game as I won't spend any money on the club while Tan is the owner. Some climb-down, huh?

Do I support the club now? Not really, not in the proper sense, although I do like to see it doing well. The big difference is the results don't have any great effect on me either way these days, which is often just as well.

Get my kicks on a message board? Well, it amuses me, that's for sure. Always has. I like posting here when I'm able and I've got nothing better to do. So do you I presume. That's why you're here posting rubbish about non-football topics.

Let what go, sonny Jim? Move on where, laddo? What is it that you're talking about exactly?