+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Re: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You need to give your head a wobble. It probably wouldn't do much good, though.
    You are probably quite bright, but you’re no strategist

I'm 53. I boycotted the club while it was playing home games in red, like I said I would. Didn't go to a single game during that period. Returned to watch a few games now and then since the return to blue, but haven't bought a ticket for a home game as I won't spend any money on the club while Tan is the owner. Some climb-down, huh?

Do I support the club now? Not really, not in the proper sense, although I do like to see it doing well. The big difference is the results don't have any great effect on me either way these days, which is often just as well.

Get my kicks on a message board? Well, it amuses me, that's for sure. Always has. I like posting here when I'm able and I've got nothing better to do. So do you I presume. That's why you're here posting rubbish about non-football topics.

Let what go, sonny Jim? Move on where, laddo? What is it that you're talking about exactly?
    I meant move on from a message board of a team you no longer support. All a bit odd wouldn't you say? I come here because I still support the club. You wouldn't find me messing about on a message board of a team I didn't support.

Nice one on the reply I didn't want though. No need to reply to me again. You will but it really isn't needed.

Enjoy your crusade champion message boarder. You've beaten me into submission with your replies.

Enjoy yourself and keep giving people advice from your high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    You are probably quite bright, but you’re no strategist
    Coming from someone who's attempting to link the Reading incident with the Black Lives Matter movement, I'll take that a compliment.

Come on John, let's try to keep it sensible. The issue is difficult enough to discuss as it is without making ludicrous links to terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I meant move on from a message board of a team you no longer support. All a bit odd wouldn't you say? I come here because I still support the club. You wouldn't find me messing about on a message board of a team I didn't support.
    I used this message board for more than a decade before Tan's folly and I've continued to use it ever since. I enjoy using it and I've got many friends and acquaintances who I interact with on here. The fact that a nonentity like you doesn't approve is of no consequence whatsoever. Well done for shoehorning Cardiff City's re-brand into a discussion about racism, though. That was quite an effort.

I used this message board for more than a decade before Tan's folly and I've continued to use it ever since. I enjoy using it and I've got many friends and acquaintances who I interact with on here. The fact that a nonentity like you doesn't approve is of no consequence whatsoever. Well done for shoehorning Cardiff City's re-brand into a discussion about racism, though. That was quite an effort.

Oh dear. Nonentity. Oh to be a big hitter like yourself. Super star in your own living room you mate.

You can move on now. You really can.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    You can move on now. You really can.
    You're not making any sense, but then as you apparently believes the term 'gammon' is racist, there's a definite pattern.

You're not making any sense, but then as you apparently believes the term 'gammon' is racist, there's a definite pattern.

Coming from someone who's attempting to link the Reading incident with the Black Lives Matter movement, I'll take that a compliment.

Come on John, let's try to keep it sensible. The issue is difficult enough to discuss as it is without making ludicrous links to terrorism.
    Isis (or those in their name) have killed thousands of Muslims, especially shias. They don't discriminate on who they kill.

It’s all to do with the response, in press, with public. Surely you can see the link.
    Those mourning in Reading are feeling no less pain than George Floyd family. Both atrocities, one unacceptable, one tolerated

It’s all to do with the response, in press, with public. Surely you can see the link.
    Those mourning in Reading are feeling no less pain than George Floyd family. Both atrocities, one unacceptable, one tolerated.
    One tolerated? Seriously, what on earth are you talking about?

Heisenberg

Those mourning in Reading are feeling no less pain than George Floyd family. Both atrocities, one unacceptable, one tolerated
    What the f**k are you on about?

This thread is absolutely staggering and quite depressing. So many strawmen being used because some posters can't bring themselves to say they don't really give a shit about the suffering of black people.

"All lives matter!"
    "BLM should be against all racism!"
    "People can be racist against white people too!"
    "The terrorist attack in Reading shows white people get killed too!"
    "I've never seen a black person (or anyone) getting stopped and searched!"

All complete f**king nonsense in the context of trying to end the systemic racism against black people.

If you oppose racism (like you are obviously trying hard to pretend that you do) then you would be supporting a cause that is trying to eradicate one form of it.

If you wish to support other causes too, no-one is stopping you. There are plenty of anti-racism groups you can support as well (if 'All Lives Matter' is really so important to you).

Either you think Black lives matter or you don't, it's that f**king simple. There's no other connotations for the movement... they just want to show that black people matter. If you oppose that concept, then be honest with yourself about it and consider why you don't want to admit it to others, eh?

Edit: only the initial sentence was aimed at lisvaneblue specifically. The rest was aimed at those who recognise that it's aimed at them.

Are you basing it on race though-it is important within this debate. I don't know anything about the person who killed those poor people in reading, but if it was based on islamic terrorism then the attack would've have not just been on those three people but also the perceived christian values of the UK. Race doesn't come into it as Isis and Boko Harem's death count of different nationalities, skin colour and ethnicities will testify too.

Also, who tolerated the reading deaths? Foreign policy certainly doesn't reflect that, does it? All of the murders were horrendous, but for different reasons in my opinion. That distinction has to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Depressing but also shocking. I don't know whether attitudes have regressed over the past 5 years (with the Brexit campaign as a trigger) or if the change in political culture and pervasiveness of social media has taken the lid off what was hiding before.

The massive positive is the way the BLM camapign has grown - and it feels in some places that a tipping point has passed. The stance of English and Welsh clubs - the NHS/BLM support on the shirts, giving the knee etc - may have much more of an impact than the demonstrations and removals of slaver-related symbols.

But politics has polarised everywhere (led by what has happened in the USA), in some places society has polarised, and there is no doubt that opinions on this board have polarised. Depressing.
    If you and Hilts, and many others on here find it depressing that there are other non racists who support the BLM movement but want to question certain aspects, then that’s a problem you'll have to learn to live

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

This thread is absolutely staggering and quite depressing. So many strawmen being used because some posters can't bring themselves to say they don't really give a shit about the suffering of black people.

"All lives matter!"

All complete f**king nonsense in the context of trying to end the systemic racism against black people.

If you oppose racism (like you are obviously trying hard to pretend that you do) then you would be supporting a cause that is trying to eradicate one form of it.

If you wish to support other causes too, no-one is stopping you. There are plenty of anti-racism groups you can support as well (if 'All Lives Matter' is really) so important to you.

Either you think Black lives matter or you don't, it's that f**king simple. There's no other connotations for the movement... they just want to show that black people matter. If you oppose that concept, then be honest with yourself about it and consider why you don't want to admit it to others, eh?

Edit: only the initial sentence was aimed at lisvaneblue specifically. The rest was aimed at those who recognise that it's aimed at them.
    Thick as **** some of these. Just because people aren't shouting racist abuse in the street then it obviously isn't happening. This thread is a cluster.

"All lives matter!"

If you wish to support other causes too, no-one is stopping you. There are plenty of anti-racism groups you can support as well (if 'All Lives Matter' is really so important to you).

I’ve already told you thank I do not see colour in people. I’m from am immigrant family, my grandad coming to Wales in the 1900s
    Trouble with you is that you can’t see the wood for the trees.
    Whether you really care about BLMwho knows, whether you have done anything concrete to assist it who knows, but I get the feeling all you want to do is shout about it until the next topic comes up, then you’ll be on that bandwagon

And by the way my family have suffered abuse as well. My dad had to change the family name because he couldn’t get a look in for a job post war because he had a Greek name. I had plenty in school too, so don’t start telling me that I don’t understand the situation

I’ve already told you thank I do not see colour in people. I’m from am immigrant family, my grandad coming to Wales in the 1900s
    Whether you really care about BLMwho knows, whether you have done anything concrete to assist it who knows, but I get the feeling all you want to do is shout about it until the next topic comes up, then you’ll be on that bandwagon
    You don't see colour in people? Why are you contesting the reading murders then?

Heisenberg

And by the way my family have suffered abuse as well. My dad had to change the family name because he couldn’t get a look in for a job post war because he had a Greek name. I had plenty in school too, so don’t start telling me that I don’t understand the situation
    Absolutely none of that is relevant.

Gammon refers to a Middle Aged white male. It is a slur that specifically refers to a race. Whether you find it offensive or not is subjective but how is it not a racist term?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Gammon refers to a Middle Aged white male. It is a slur that specifically refers to a race. Whether you find it offensive or not is subjective but how is it not a racist term?
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...e-conversation

Absolutely none of that is relevant.

Y
    So what have you done to support BLM other than go on about it. Have you donated, been to protests, written to your MS or MP

Don’t hide your light under a bushel, go on tell us

OK.

I think it is comparable with the terms...Uncle Tom, Coconut or Oreo in as much as it’s a term usually used by people of the same race to denigrate others that they don’t like or share the same philosophies.

Heisenberg

Y
    So what have you done to support BLM other than go on about it. Have you donated, been to protests, written to your MS or MP

Don’t hide your light under a bushel, go on tell us
    "Go on about it" is support though, isn't it? It's vocal support. Having to constantly defend their right to protest (or even exist) from the likes of you is supporting their cause.

I've also made a small donation to BLM but I didn't think I'd ever need to declare that irrelevant point on here... Maybe I will start every post in future with whether I have donated to a cause I appreciate, just in case I get questioned by you later on.

Is that ok with you? Or do I have to meet all of your criteria to "support" BLM?

Now we're hopefully done with questioning my "going on" about BLM... Would you like to make at least one relevant point about BLM or keep going off on tangents until people get bored of replying to you?

ah, so it's in the guardian - must be true.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    ah, so it's in the guardian - must be true.
    Jesus Christ... It's an opinion piece that explains the origin of the use of "gammon" and why there are no racial connotations attached to it. It's a political slur, not a racial one.

Feel free to disagree with the author and his explanation all you want... but just saying "ah, so it's in the guardian - must be true" makes you look a bit like the gammon that has been mentioned, doesn't it?!

I assume that you appreciate irony?