+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Re: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I wonder what they supposed to have done ?
    Almost certainly broken the company’s code of conduct. That would be my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't look at the news. Where has it been factually checked and confirmed he had dog food in his pocket? Not saying you're wrong, I just don't look at the news cos it ****ing depresses me
    It was was widely reported and I had seen 'his' transcripts of the incident at the time.

He is not a parks warden, it was not his job to police the park, morally he shouldn't jump out of the bushes and confront a lone female and then go onto say that he is going to do something that she is not going to like and not directly answering when she asked what that was and then he started pulling dog food out of his pocket to entice her dog, he did not have a dog yet he was walking around with dog food in his pocket, no doubt waiting for this type of opportunity, I did some digging and read about his background, what he did was not cricket, I don't blame her for calling the police, some people are nuts in America and perhaps this Canadian women thought this, he no doubt frightened her with his creepy behaviour.
    Wow.
    The way she acted was Fkin despicable!
    Have a look at this and then have a think.

😕

https://youtu.be/2xjOWrYJ6VA

[QUOTE=trampie09;5090550]If that Burnley fan has been sacked I wonder on what grounds ?[/QUOTE

It does mention the phrase ‘other related matters’ as well as being involved in the aeroplane embarrassment. Perhaps he’s been pushing the wrong buttons for a while and this is the final straw.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Almost certainly broken the company’s code of conduct. That would be my guess.
    It would be my guess that the employers would say that but what could the pair have done that merited the sack ?, was it the company plane or was it in company time ?

Question: do you believe it’s possible for a person to give racist abuse to another person of the same race?
    It's entirely possible.

See comments aimed at Javid - "boil in the bag" comment from Ash Sarkar.
    Plenty of "Uncle Tom" comments occur too.

He is not a parks warden, it was not his job to police the park, morally he shouldn't jump out of the bushes and confront a lone female and then go onto say that he is going to do something that she is not going to like and not directly answering when she asked what that was and then he started pulling dog food out of his pocket to entice her dog, he did not have a dog yet he was walking around with dog food in his pocket, no doubt waiting for this type of opportunity, I did some digging and read about his background, what he did was not cricket, I don't blame her for calling the police, some people are nuts in America and perhaps this Canadian women thought this, he no doubt frightened her with his creepy behaviour.
    Which video of the event did you watch? I watched another one, can you post the one you saw?

Speaking as a Welsh valley boy Wash DC Blue I think his behaviour was out of order, it was not his place to take matters into his own hands, I checked him and his family out as I smelled a rat as soon as I seen the video and was not surprised by what I found, I think he was looking for it.
    If it was me in my local park I would not said those words or gone to my pocket.

It would be my guess that the employers would say that but what could the pair have done that merited the sack ?, was it the company plane or was it in company time ?
    Without access to the company’s staff handbook I couldn’t give you specifics, but who owned the plane and precisely when the offence was committed is almost certainly of no consequence. It definitely wouldn’t be in my job. How about yours?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Lifted from Wiki

“Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe middle-aged white men, either on the political right or who supported Brexit”

You have to be white for this to apply. A racial profile. You cannot call another race gammon by this definition. It’s obviously racist.

Same as you can’t call white men any of the slurs or insults attributed to specific other races.

Whether it’s racial or not can’t in my opinion be argued. Whether it’s offensive, warranted, or reasonable to use as it could incite hate is totally separate.
    You have to be white for this to apply. A racial profile. You cannot call another race gammon by this definition. It’s obviously racist.

You have to be male for this to apply. A gender profile. You cannot call another gender gammon by this definition. It’s obviously sexist.

You have to be middle-aged for this to apply. An age profile. You cannot call another generation gammon by this definition. It’s obviously ageist.

You have to be right-wing for this to apply. A political profile. You cannot call someone of a different political leaning gammon by this definition. It’s obviously discrimination against political beliefs

Yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's entirely possible.

See comments aimed at Javid - "boil in the bag" comment from Ash Sarkar.
    Plenty of "Uncle Tom" comments occur too.
    It seems our understanding of the word ‘racist’ differs. Mine falls in line with the definitions in every dictionary I’ve ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Which video of the event did you watch? I watched another one, can you post the one you saw?
    I think there is only one video out there but events are not disputed, from memory either he or his sister put the video out there and the dialogue I think was put on Facebook by one of them, he did the tv shows and all that, there is no disputing what was said, I think it would have been a big concern for a lot of people that the food was poisoned, no evidence of that but I would have been concerned of that if it was me.

Without access to the company’s staff handbook I couldn’t give you specifics, but who owned the plane and precisely when the offence was committed is almost certainly of no consequence. It definitely wouldn’t be in my job. How about yours?
    If what they did was simply fly a plane in their own time then I think there might be potential for a case for unfair dismissal.

Heisenberg

I think there is only one video out there but events are not disputed, from memory either he or his sister put the video out there and the dialogue I think was put on Facebook by one of them, he did the tv shows and all that, there is no disputing what was said, I think it would have been a big concern for a lot of people that the food was poisoned, no evidence of that but I would have been concerned of that if it was me.
    Can you share just one link with something that you've read about this story that corroborates the tale you've spun? I'm sure it will be very enlightening.

Heisenberg

If what they did was simply fly a plane in their own time then I think there might be potential for a case for unfair dismissal.
    Do you think they flew the plane themselves?

Speaking as a Welsh valley boy Wash DC Blue I think his behaviour was out of order, it was not his place to take matters into his own hands, I checked him and his family out as I smelled a rat as soon as I seen the video and was not surprised by what I found, I think he was looking for it.
    If it was me in my local park I would not said those words or gone to my pocket.
    Ok so he may be a Norris (from Coronation St) type bloke but would she have reacted the same way if he looked like Norris? There’s an African American man, she said, would she have said the same about ‘Norris’....”There’s a European white man.....? I doubt it, but she imagined she’d get more of a reaction by using those words and would have expected the police to arrive and take her side, no questions asked whereas she’d have no doubt dealt with busybody Norris herself (Norris may have turned out to be a homicidal maniac mind....oh no, he’s white)

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Just to let you know that the on line Lockdown Jazz concert was a success. The ticket money is actually going to the African Americans in performing arts Covid relief fund. Seems good to me
    Fantastic. So, do black lives matter to you?

There may well be, but with all due respect you don't strike me as somebody who's an expert in employment law. I'm certainly not and make no claim to be. However, I'm 100% certain that I would have been sacked had I pulled a similar stunt to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ok so he may be a Norris (from Coronation St) type bloke but would she have reacted the same way if he looked like Norris? There’s an African American man, she said, would she have said the same about ‘Norris’....”There’s a European white man.....? I doubt it, but she imagined she’d get more of a reaction by using those words and would have expected the police to arrive and take her side, no questions asked whereas she’d have no doubt dealt with busybody Norris herself (Norris may have turned out to be a homicidal maniac mind....oh no, he’s white)
    You need to know what he said to her before the tape, it's not disputed and it's frightening .
    Background is also telling when you check out him, his sister and his father.

There may well be, but with all due respect you don't strike me as somebody who's an expert in employment law. I'm certainly not and make no claim to be. However, I'm 100% certain that I would have been sacked had I pulled a similar stunt to this one.
    Why would you have been sacked ?, for what ?

You need to know what he said to her before the tape, it's not disputed and it's frightening .
    Not giving you the Spanish Inquisition here as can sometimes be the case...but could you Please provide further context about the incident and information that you found about his and his family’s background?

Why would you have been sacked ?, for what ?
    For breaching my employer's code of conduct.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Not giving you the Spanish Inquisition here as can sometimes be the case...but could you Please provide further context about the incident and information that you found about his and his family’s background?
    The father was an activist known for filming everybody and the children learnt off him.

I wouldn’t have thought this woman knew anything about his sister or father or indeed his background, It was most probably the first time she’d ever seen him (or maybe not, if they both frequented that part of the park), yet she acted like that and there’s only one reason that she did....he was black.

The father was an activist known for filming everybody and the children learnt off him.
    There’s some people filming their whole life on Facebook nowadays.