+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Re: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ummm... Black people make up 52% of murder victims in America, trampie.

I hope know the difference between committing a murder and being murdered.
    Just for a bit of balance.
    Do you have the percentage of Black on Black homicides?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Just for a bit of balance.
    Do you have the percentage of Black on Black homicides?
    I'd love to know why you think that would be "for a bit of balance"... It almost sounds a bit... I don't know.

Anyway... I've got the figures for you.

89% black on black murders from the same source as the previous figures (The National Center for the Victims.of Crime).

And "for a bit of balance": 81% white on white murders.

I hope the equilibrium is back in order for you now.

I'd love to know why you think that would be "for a bit of balance"... It almost sounds a bit... I don't know.

Anyway... I've got the figures for you.

89% black on black murders from the same source as the previous figures (The National Center for the Victims.of Crime).

And "for a bit of balance": 81% white on white murders.

I hope the equilibrium is back in order for you now.
    Inner ear infection I think from listening to current events.

I genuinely don’t do statistics very well.

(To slightly misquote a Scottish Bloke called Andrew Lang) “He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lampposts—for support rather than illumination.”

There are though without doubt factors from these numbers that need to be addressed.
    If it is something that should concern the current movement.

A lot say no, I think it should.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    My guess is they have done other stuff and not just the plane thing.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...red-protection

In America I think I read that a certain group make up 12% or 13% of the population but commit 52% of the homicides.
    So we stop this group because they commit murders ?

That's racial profiling isnt it ?

Because the vast vast majority of this group dont kill people

Heisenberg

Inner ear infection I think from listening to current events.

I genuinely don’t do statistics very well.

(To slightly misquote a Scottish Bloke called Andrew Lang) “He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lampposts—for support rather than illumination.”

There are though without doubt factors from these numbers that need to be addressed.
    If it is something that should concern the current movement.

A lot say no, I think it should.
    From those figures, the only factor that I can see is that homicide tends to be intra-racial.

It's been pointed out dozens of times on here alone that black on black murder isn't the main issue for BLM -which is another stick to beat them with... But when shown the figures about white on white murders, they seem to completely ignore them. As we've just seen.

Can't BLM just focus on one issue? The more complicated the issue becomes, the blurrier the message gets and a lot will get lost in their fight.

It's crazy how many different arguments people have against BLM. Imagine slagging off the annual Race For Life (cancer charity fundraiser) because it doesn't raise money for Alzheimers or children in poverty.

Can't we just allow BLM to have a single, poignant message (ending racism and violence against the black community) without needing them to focus on solving the rest of the f**ked up shit that goes on in the world too?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-online.html

Some charming comments from this lovely pair.

"I'm not a racist," claims Jake.

He seems to believe everybody else is as stupid as he is.

From those figures, the only factor that I can see is that homicide tends to be intra-racial.

It's been pointed out dozens of times on here alone that black on black murder isn't the main issue for BLM -which is another stick to beat them with... But when shown the figures about white on white murders, they seem to completely ignore them. As we've just seen.

Can't BLM just focus on one issue? The more complicated the issue becomes, the blurrier the message gets and a lot will get lost in their fight.

It's crazy how many different arguments people have against BLM. Imagine slagging off the annual Race For Life (cancer charity fundraiser) because it doesn't raise money for Alzheimers or children in poverty.

Can't we just allow BLM to have a single, poignant message (ending racism and violence against the black community) without needing them to focus on solving the rest of the f**ked up shit that goes on in the world too?
    It’s an interesting point that you make.
    I have posted on here numerous times my support for Black Lives.

I’ve also stated for want of a better word my “confusion” I guess on how to untangle the undoubted systematic racism in America (which no matter how much people try to equate the two) is on a level that is incomparable with the UK.

How we all get there is much of the debate I guess.

I fervently hope that there is another runner in the race to take this challenge on as in my opinion BLM is an Anarcho-Communist movement first and foremost with Intersectionality ruling the roost.

I think that Black lives are actually secondary to their cause and a weapon to get there.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-online.html

Some charming comments from this lovely pair.

"I'm not a racist," claims Jake.

He seems to believe everybody else is as stupid as he is.
    Casual and possibly unintentional racism is missed by so many. They don't believe what they are doing is racist.

If this had been a ' Rainbow over the Etihad ' would we having all this fuss

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Casual and possibly unintentional racism is missed by so many. They don't believe what they are doing is racist.
    He is undoubtedly a prick.
    His Tweets have shown him for what he is..a nasty horrible bastard.

I’m not comfortable with the cancel culture we are following though.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction...etc

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If this had been a ' Rainbow over the Etihad ' would we having all this fuss
    Are you plastered and trying to have a laugh, trolling or serious?
    Hard to tell anymore.

Are you plastered and trying to have a laugh, trolling or serious?
    Hard to tell anymore.
    Well its gone on for a bit now , thought I'd sling that one in to freshen it up .

Heisenberg

It’s an interesting point that you make.
    I have posted on here numerous times my support for Black Lives.

I’ve also stated for want of a better word my “confusion” I guess on how to untangle the undoubted systematic racism in America (which no matter how much people try to equate the two) is on a level that is incomparable with the UK.

How we all get there is much of the debate I guess.

I fervently hope that there is another runner in the race to take this challenge on as in my opinion BLM is an Anarcho-Communist movement first and foremost with Intersectionality ruling the roost.

I think that Black lives are actually secondary to their cause and a weapon to get there.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

"BLM is an Anarcho-Communist movement with Intersectionality ruling the roost"

"I think that Black lives are actually secondary to their cause and a weapon to get there."

Why on earth do you think that? The link you put up doesn't help me understand your point any clearer, sorry.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well its gone on for a bit now , thought I'd sling that one in to freshen it up .
    If this had been a ' Natural born UK citizens are white over the Etihad ' would we having all this fuss

"BLM is an Anarcho-Communist movement with Intersectionality ruling the roost"

"I think that Black lives are actually secondary to their cause and a weapon to get there."

Why on earth do you think that? The link you put up doesn't help me understand your point any clearer, sorry.
    Did you read it?
    I can provide bullet points if the paragraphs are a bit too big for you.

Heisenberg

Did you read it?
    I can provide bullet points if the paragraphs are a bit too big for you.
    Pretty please.

Edit: Bullet points with an explanation. Cheers.

Double edit: I'll respond in the morning as it's 1am here. G'night!

Pretty please.

Edit: Bullet points with an explanation. Cheers.

Double edit: I'll respond in the morning as it's 1am here. G'night!
    No worries, the time zone difference is probably a bigger ball ache than getting the food I want.
    Anyway here you go, some could be subjective down to your interpretation “Comrade” xx

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege

We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure

When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking

In America I think I read that a certain group make up 12% or 13% of the population but commit 52% of the homicides.
    They are victims of 52% of the homicides. Just google before you post. Then you know. Instead of just thinking you might know.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Question: do you believe it’s possible for a person to give racist abuse to another person of the same race?
    OK

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    OK
    Of course it is, witness Ferdinand(?) and the "Choc ice" comment.

No worries, the time zone difference is probably a bigger ball ache than getting the food I want.
    Anyway here you go, some could be subjective down to your interpretation “Comrade” xx

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades

We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts

When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking
    That's exactly the sort of society I would like to see

Obviously in america I would be labelled a pinko commie

And sadly the uk is going the same way

You have put bullet points but with no explanation

Its like saying look at this ! , with no analysis

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You have put bullet points but with no explanation

Its like saying look at this ! , with no analysis
    But even without the explanation and without analysis it is still the kind of society you'd like to see so there is no need for him to go to the trouble of typing them is there?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But even without the explanation and without analysis it is still the kind of society you'd like to see so there is no need for him to go to the trouble of typing them is there?
    Aye , an equal , sharing society

You clearly dont want that , I understand