+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Re: Aeroplane Over The Etihad

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes you can. Plenty of time for questions. Plenty of time for answers.

However, BLM is a simple yes or no. Do you resent racism by white people towards black people and will you stand up for black people in their fight against this racism? Do black lives matter to you? It's a simple yes or no. Questions and other alternatives come afterwards.

Twe example responses to "Do you believe that black lives matter?"

1) "Yes, I support BLM but to me the bigger picture is that all lives matter."
    2) "I believe all lives matter"

Can you see the difference?
    There is no difference. If you agree with no 2, then you automatically agree with no 1. and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There's lots of things I'd like that I'm not going to get.
    No hard feelings. If you don't now the answer then ill mot lose any sleep. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    There is no difference. If you agree with no 2, then you automatically agree with no 1. and vice versa.
    There is a world of difference. The refusal to say that black lives matter being the most important. If you can't bring yourself to say that, coming out with all lives matter has all the value of a barrel of rats' piss.

Vice versa, if you can say all lives matter, there should be no issue with you saying that black lives matter.

There is a world of difference. The refusal to say that black lives matter being the most important. If you can't bring yourself to say that, coming out with all lives matter has all the value of a barrel of rats' piss.
    Bollocks. If you believe that all lives matter, then you automatically believe that black lives matter.

Bollocks. If you believe that all lives matter, then you automatically believe that black lives matter.
    Bollocks. If you believe that black lives matter, you'll be happy to say so.

Instead of bringing people together these protests have somehow divided people even more.

Genuine question mind - Can you not be outraged by this banner and still not be racist? The debates on Facebook are making people more polarised than ever

Bollocks. If you believe that black lives matter, you'll be happy to say so.
    By saying that all lives matter, i’m automatically saying that black lives matter. We are just going round in daft circles here.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Instead of bringing people together these protests have somehow divided people even more.
    I guess that's true in some respects, but what they have also done is highlight just how big the problem is in this country and expose plenty of individuals for what they really are. That's no bad thing in my opinion.

What's been happening in the UK in recent years hasn't been happening by accident. The sooner everybody faces up to the realities of the situation, the better things will be in the long term.

By saying that all lives matter, i’m automatically saying that black lives matter. We are just going round in daft circles here.
    No we're not.

Will you, William Treseder, acknowledge that black people continue to suffer racial abuse by white people, will you stand in solidarity with black people against racist white people and will you say that black lives matter to you? Whether or not you believe that all lives matter is immaterial. Will you say black lives matter to you? Yes or no.

I guess that's true in some respects, but what they have also done is highlight just how big the problem is in this country and expose plenty of individuals for what they really are. That's no bad thing in my opinion.

What's been happening in the UK in recent years hasn't been happening by accident. The sooner everybody faces up to the realities of the situation, the better things will be in the long term.
    What do you mean in terms of the UK?

I understand the problems in America, but here? As a country the UK has progressed so so far from 40 years ago

I understand the problems in America, but here? As a country the UK has progressed so so far from 40 years ago
    OK.

OK.
    I wasn’t expecting that response but I suppose I can’t really comment on racism in the UK if I’m not black; but personally I’ve never actually encountered or seen anything racist myself here. But again I live in a predominantly white suburb so can’t really comment.

All I would say is I don’t know of anyone that has expressed racist views to me personally, whereas it seems to be quite vocal in America from what I see on the media

No we're not.

Will you, William Treseder, acknowledge that black people continue to suffer racial abuse by white people, will you stand in solidarity with black people against racist white people and will you say that black lives matter to you? Whether or not you believe that all lives matter is immaterial. Will you say black lives matter to you? Yes or no.
    Am i on trial here?
    Im not racist, so i’m comfortable saying all lives matter. “All” encompasses black, white, Indian, Chinese, Red Indian, Aboriginal, and so on.
    Do you think i’m racist because i wont single out 1 ?

I wasn’t expecting that response but I suppose I can’t really comment on racism in the UK if I’m not black; but personally I’ve never actually encountered or seen anything racist myself here. But again I live in a predominantly white suburb so can’t really comment.

All I would say is I don’t know of anyone that has expressed racist views to me personally, whereas it seems to be quite vocal in America from what I see on the media
    Same for me I worked in west bute street for years everyone got on fine , can't honestly say I've seen ever seen or heard anything racist , if I had I had I would have intervened and tried to stop it .

Black people are paid less, and are in poorer jobs comparatively compared to their skill set. There is systematic and deep rooted racism in this country. You think Windrush would have happened to white people?

Am i on trial here?
    Im not racist, so i’m comfortable saying all lives matter. “All” encompasses black, white, Indian, Chinese, Red Indian, Aboriginal, and so on.
    Amazing. Your failure to acknowledge most of my question says lots.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Same for me I worked in west bute street for years everyone got on fine , can't honestly say I've seen ever seen or heard anything racist , if I had I had I would have intervened and tried to stop it .
    I was in the park just this afternoon and two old couples nearby were discussing the protests. One piped-up that if black people wanted equal rights they should first go out and get an education.

Amazing. Your failure to acknowledge most of my question says lots.
    Explain what you mean by “says lots”

Explain what you mean by “says lots”
    The mere fact i need to explain myself renders this conversation over.

Say all you want, until someone says black lives matter, they cannot truly believe it if they won't say those words. You have proved that.

Goodnight sweet cheeks.

Well you are as you are clearly not a racist

But fecking loads of people saying all lives matter are racist , bigoted twats

In fact I reckon almost all of people using that term are racists

They are not saying it because they care about all lives , they are saying it because they are racists

In terms of racist attacks ?

Discrimination in mental health , housing ?

You sure ?

Well you can comment on racism if you are white , of course you can

If you are white you may have had offensive remarks to you made by black people or as a white guy you might have black mates who have been abused

I have heard highly educated white teachers make racist jokes at parties

Loads of racism in this country , always has been

Am i on trial here?
    You are not a racist no way but you do realise all lives matter was first used by britain first , the far right racist organisation ?

I wouldnt want to be associated with those twats

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So the people in cardiff who are racially abused are lying because you can honestly say that you as a white guy you have never seen or heard anything racist ?

Are you serious ?