Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
What a wonderful lot of fans we are.
Why, because some people have a negative opinion of a former manager? Am I not being factual when I saw that Neil Warnock inherited a side that was twenty third in the Championship and just over three years later, left the club with the team in fourteenth place in the same division? Even if you disregard the money spent on Emiliano Sala, transfer expenditure exceeded income by tens of millions of pounds under Warnock to bring about that nine place climb.

I think the above is all fact, but my opinion is that he had a lot of time to turn things around in 16/17 - he did more than that though. Warnock laid the foundations for the unlikely 17/18 promotion and he would have been regarded as probably our greatest ever manager if he had left in the summer of 2018, but his limitations were, predictably, exposed in the Premier League. Worst of all for me, in the first three months of 19/20, he had lost that knack he had of putting together, effective, winning Championship sides and he had done so while playing a mind numbingly boring brand of football that is only justified if and when his team is winning.