+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warnock to Boro

Re: Warnock to Boro

It’s interesting how they’ve gone from Pulis hoofball to Woodgate trying to play it out from the back and now the hoofball is returning.
    Their squad will need an overhaul and we’ve got plenty of cloggers for him to buy!

Re: Warnock's back

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Sharon told me to have one last go.
    I dont want to know About stuff that goes on at home to be honest....

Any Boro players looking to progress their careers could do worse than sign up with James Warnock or indeed any of the USM boys.

Banned

I'd have no problem if he kept them up. Seems a bit churlish not to wish him well.

It'll be like Pulis-ball on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Sharon told me to have one last go.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Perhaps he’ll take Aden Flint back ?

We live in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Our penultimate match is Boro away. So, Warnock has the opportunity to keep Boro up and us out of the play offs. Hopefully, the commute from Cornwall will be too much for NW.

You can see the headlines already.....

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Good luck to him.
    Obviously not when we play them!

Bound to be on Sky.
    I can see the caption now, "The battle of the hoofers"
    Think we'll scrape the possession battle that game, just.

I don't get the dislike of him tbh. I get not all his decisions have gone down well but on the whole he was a bloody good manager for us and achieved far more then the vast majority we have had in the past.

In his early 70s he is still going, loves the game, happy to be in work, wish him very well and I'm sure boro will be just fine this season.

Would he even want to stay on? Thought he lived in Cornwall, bit of a trek that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I don't get the dislike of him tbh. I get not all his decisions have gone down well but on the whole he was a bloody good manager for us and achieved far more then the vast majority we have had in the past.

In his early 70s he is still going, loves the game, happy to be in work, wish him very well and I'm sure boro will be just fine this season.

Would he even want to stay on? Thought he lived in Cornwall, bit of a trek that.
    He'll stay if the money is right. I bet he's on one serious bonus to keep them up.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    That will be of genuine interest to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

I don't dislike him now, it's water under the bridge, times a healer etc. But I do think he stayed too long and he knows it, and he's stubborn/set in his ways. He needed to leave in the summer (others opinions vary, like he should have left after promotion, I can see their argument as it did seem to be about his records and what he could achieve in the end)

Good luck to him - he did amazing for us

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    This has been in the pipeline since November; shocked it didn't happen earlier.

Will keep them up.
    well ..there was this covid 19 thing, not sure if it's had any impact on you but it put the stop on almost everything else.

International

It'll be harris's chance to show he is not just serving up more of the same. clean break!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Good luck to him - he did amazing for us
    Yep. That promotion was the Best season since 1992/93 and that is down to Warnock. Dreadful with a chequebook mind

he was fecking useless ....in the way that its my way or the highway. i dont miss him and im pleased hes gone . he should have retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    well ..there was this covid 19 thing, not sure if it's had any impact on you but it put the stop on almost everything else.
    Pretty sure there was plenty of football played between November and March though. He was acting on an advisory basis to Woodgate back around Christmas time; I think their form picked up around that time and he ended up doing himself out of a job.

I would love it if we send them down. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Cruel, but i like it

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Go on Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The only game in history where both sides have 30% possession!

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    The only game in history where both sides have 30% possession!
    The statistics for a hopeful long ball punted down the channel could get it’s own Sky TV special after this game.

What a wonderful lot of fans we are.