+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glatzel

First Team

Glatzel

I thought his cameo performance on Sunday was outstanding. Dare I say, almost Bothroyd-like in that his control for a tall guy was excellent. Quite a tidy finish too.

Maybe Harris has a masterplan of letting Patterson conduct his weekly foul-a-thon for 70 minutes to soften the opposition and then sending on the silky-skilled German clinician.

Re: Glatzel

It was a nice goal. I have been saying all season that I didn't think he was good enough, but before all this playoff stuff came up I wanted to see as much of him as possible just to be sure. I still feel the same (about seeing him play) and I hope he comes good. After one game (but having seen almost every EPL game) I feel we look well-prepared and fit compared to almost every team I've seen. Maybe we can do it, maybe Glatzel will be the man. After reviewing the extened highlights, I thought we ****ing bossed Leeds. Maybe we have a head start. C'mon CITY!

his strike was superb

He's been criticised for not being a target man, which on previous performance you could say is pretty fair, but he's had balls launched up at his head so I'm not really sure what we were expecting him to do with the service.

He held it up well Sunday, got it down and looked for a pass.

I think we will stick with Pato, won't argue against that on 20 mins of play, but if he keeps it up another 2 games you'd have to think about him starting, even the ones that think Pato is ibrahimavic

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I thought his cameo performance on Sunday was outstanding. Dare I say, almost Bothroyd-like in that his control for a tall guy was excellent. Quite a tidy finish too.

Maybe Harris has a masterplan of letting Patterson conduct his weekly foul-a-thon for 70 minutes to soften the opposition and then sending on the silky-skilled German clinician.
    If we had Bothroyd at 80 percent of his best Callum Patterson wouldnt be starting

A good strike by Glatzel and a good sub appearance. Outstanding is stretching it a bit.

His touch and control is nowhere near the standard of Bothroyd. Not even close.

I'd like to see h start before Paterson, along with Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If we had Bothroyd at 80 percent of his best Callum Patterson wouldnt be starting

A good strike by Glatzel and a good sub appearance. Outstanding is stretching it a bit.

His touch and control is nowhere near the standard of Bothroyd. Not even close.
    But he was lazy and spent far too much time on his arse,thats why we got him cheap.Plus the fact he had Chopra playing off him, our current crop haven't experienced that luxury and the way the game has moved on their not likely to either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'd like to see h start before Paterson, along with Tomlin
    He was alright in Steps but c’mon!!!!!

What worries me is after scoring an excellent goal, on his next opportunity to shoot he laid it off. Not got that killer instinct.

Still our best striker though. Just think the way we play he would be wasted running around chasing lost balls.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He was alright in Steps but c’mon!!!!!
    Ha ha, very good

I hope he comes good and gets loads of goals.I'd be very happy for him