+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Charlton home kick off time changed

Charlton home kick off time changed

Cardiff City v Charlton on Tuesday June 30th will now kick off at 6pm. Moved from 7:45pm. Game changed for travel and footballing reasons and not for TV.

Re: Charlton home kick off time changed

Too many addicks threatening to take over canton, the minority ruin it for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Too many addicks threatening to take over canton, the minority ruin it for everyone
    There are plenty up the valleys if you want them as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cardiff City v Charlton on Tuesday June 30th will now kick off at 6pm. Moved from 7:45pm. Game changed for travel and footballing reasons and not for TV.
    Are all the midweek games on Sky red button? They would’ve been anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Are all the midweek games on Sky red button? They would’ve been anyway?
    With games every midweek, I believe they have done away with covering all on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    With games every midweek, I believe they have done away with covering all on there.
    Strange though, isn't it? During the regular season, fans could watch all midweek Championship games on TV. Now they are being played behind closed doors, we can't. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Strange though, isn't it? During the regular season, fans could watch all midweek Championship games on TV. Now they are being played behind closed doors, we can't. Doesn't make any sense to me.
    Unless there's a conflict between clubs selling coverage of their home games and Sky providing coverage. I guess clubs will be looking at trying to make some money from live games if they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Unless there's a conflict between clubs selling coverage of their home games and Sky providing coverage. I guess clubs will be looking at trying to make some money from live games if they can.
    It's undoubtedly a contractual issue as there have been occasional Championship games earlier in the season that were played in midweek but not available on the red button - I think they were rearranged fixtures if memory serves. Still seems odd, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's undoubtedly a contractual issue as there have been occasional Championship games earlier in the season that were played in midweek but not available on the red button - I think they were rearranged fixtures if memory serves. Still seems odd, though.
    In addition, may there also be a contractual issue where fans might have taken out a Sky contract on the strength of having live games on the red button during midweek?