+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do you pour your cans into a pint glass or drink them straight from the can?

Do you pour your cans into a pint glass or drink them straight from the can?

The state of lager poured from a can into a pint glass. Flat in no time and the glass looks a mess cos the head doesn't keep as you drink it down the glass..

Cider works I suppose.

Re: Do you pour your cans into a pint glass or drink them straight from the can?

Pewter tankard, for my cider

Re: Do you pour your cans into a pint glass or drink them straight from the can?

In a glass.Drinking form any kind of can or glass bottle you risk catching a disease from vermin.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    In a glass.Drinking form any kind of can or glass bottle you risk catching a disease from vermin.
    People who drink direct from cans and bottles don't seem to think about what faeces-ridden hands have touched the receptacles beforehand or whether rats have scuppered over them in the warehouse. Still, if you are drinking British faux-lagers it probably improves the flavour.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    People who drink direct from cans and bottles don't seem to think about what faeces-ridden hands have touched the receptacles beforehand or whether rats have scuppered over them in the warehouse. Still, if you are drinking British faux-lagers it probably improves the flavour.
    No I hadn’t thought about that - Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Pewter tankard, for my cider
    I used to have a cracking glass down my local that they kept behind the bar, then some new barmaid broke it. Still hurts my feelings now.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I've eaten my grub sat trackside so many times I've lost count, only time I've ever know anyone get weil's disease was when a gang we're sharing overalls when digging holes, too lazy to take their own out of the van and in a bag until next shift they used whatever ones were left lying about that people had dug holes in in pissing down rain and were covered in sludge that dried out rinse repeat.

Other than that..nada..

I'll take my chances with a can, which also hasn't given me any issues in 20 years!

I understand your point, and the risk is there, but I'm not sure how serious a risk it is..

Usually straight from the can. Depends what I'm drinking though. I usually drink Modelo at home with comes in a box of 12 cans. I can't imagine any human hands touch the cans until I open them myself.

In a glass every time, whether it’s beer or a soft drink, don’t know what’s been scampering over them in warehouses and stockrooms.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Usually straight from the can. Depends what I'm drinking though. I usually drink Modelo at home with comes in a box of 12 cans. I can't imagine any human hands touch the cans until I open them myself.
    It’s not the human hands that particularly worried me in the past it was vermin climbing over them but I guess now human contact is a worry as well.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    In a glass every time, whether it’s beer or a soft drink, don’t know what’s been scampering over them in warehouses and stockrooms.
    Is that where the term 'tastes like rat's piss' comes from?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I used to have a cracking glass down my local that they kept behind the bar, then some new barmaid broke it. Still hurts my feelings now.
    If it was cracking already seems a bit unfair to load all the blame on her!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s not the human hands that particularly worried me in the past it was vermin climbing over them but I guess now human contact is a worry as well.
    They come in a box, which is shipped on a pallet covered in plastic. I open the box and empty the cans into one of the "crispers" in the fridge.

In a glass every time.
    Drinking straight from cans (especially Carling) should be reserved for those types who take off their tshirts, tucking them in their Lonsdale tracky bottoms, whilst at Barry Island.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    If it was cracking already seems a bit unfair to load all the blame on her!
    fair point

Glass every time at home, never straight from the can, mind you it is never an issue on a coach

always from the can if you pour it into a glass there is clearly some kind of narcissism going on

To all the pourers, how do you do it? The head basically ****s off on holiday after the first few sips.

International

Never drink canned beer, it pish!!!

In the early 1970's we were on the lake at Tredegar House,using their boat to fish when my mate took a drink out of a can.
    A wasp was in there and stung him he looked how Pete Burns turned out.So never a can unless you have a cover for it.

Previously drink from cans or bottles but I've changed my mind since reading this thread.