+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Liverpool

Liverpool

Back on form tonight after a shitshow at Everton.

Re: Liverpool

Villa's 83rd-minute equaliser at Newcastle (which was a really soft goal by all accounts) cost me my accumulator and my Super Six bet tonight.

I've never liked Villa.

Neco Williams looked good, very hopeful for our international future with some of these young players that are coming through

Very balanced team of experts on Sky again tonight.
    Liverpool love-in

shock horror ...liverpool win , who would have that of the bunch of rubbish they have managed to scramble together for 450 million
    the mind boggles

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    shock horror ...liverpool win , who would have that of the bunch of rubbish they have managed to scramble together for 450 million
    the mind boggles

Let's hope Man City draw their next game. Liverpool can then win the Title without fans, without playing, and without and pitch drama. A real damp squib. [or am I being mean..?]

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Let's hope Man City draw their next game. Liverpool can then win the Title without fans, without playing, and without and pitch drama. A real damp squib. [or am I being mean..?]
    But the record books will still show them as Champions.

Clutching at straws I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Clutching at straws I think.
    Exactly, as if Man City would draw

You are but I'm with you. I've got a weird thing about Liverpool - I like their manager, I like their players, I like the way they're developing youngsters and I like the way they play football but I just want the worst for them at all times. I don't know where it's come from, they've had very little impact on my life

I have little or no interest on what goes on in the Premier League, even when City had their promotion years there. However I still attended as many home games as possible regardless of who the opposition was.

Someone has to come top of the league so it might as well be Liverpool as much as anyone else. As was mentioned by someone in a previous thread, and which I can identify with, is that I am only interested in the games City are playing in or if there is an underdog vs a top flight side in the FA cup for example (e.g. Newport County recently). Does this make me a second rate football fan?

For me the Premier League represents everything that is rotten in football – the immense amounts of money involved, the greed of players and their “agents”, Sky TV, armchair plastics, the predictability of the “top five” and the relegation fodder, the pricing out of ordinary fans etc.

Rant over!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I have little or no interest on what goes on in the Premier League, even when City had their promotion years there. However I still attended as many home games as possible regardless of who the opposition was.

Someone has to come top of the league so it might as well be Liverpool as much as anyone else. As was mentioned by someone in a previous thread, and which I can identify with, is that I am only interested in the games City are playing in or if there is an underdog vs a top flight side in the FA cup for example (e.g. Newport County recently). Does this make me a second rate football fan?

For me the Premier League represents everything that is rotten in football – the immense amounts of money involved, the greed of players and their “agents”, Sky TV, armchair plastics, the predictability of the “top five” and the relegation fodder, the pricing out of ordinary fans etc.

Rant over!
    Thank you for ranting on my behalf I agree entirely.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Thank you for ranting on my behalf I agree entirely.!!!
    Glad I am not alone then.

Without fans these things really aren't the same, records will show them as winners but without the celebration it's nowhere near the same level of enjoyment for fans, all a bit flat, even the way they have romped it really. Still I suppose the South Wales branch won't notice much difference on sky.

Glad I am not alone then.
    Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Without fans these things really aren't the same, records will show them as winners but without the celebration it's nowhere near the same level of enjoyment for fans, all a bit flat, even the way they have romped it really. Still I suppose the South Wales branch won't notice much difference on sky.
    They can invite all their mates around in replica tops and support their team without leaving their front room

No change in south wales , Devon, Berkshire etc

Rant over!
    You can take a 1,000,000 passes in the PL and 999,500 will be pointless, aimless, back and fore, back and fore, etc., etc.,. Totally and completely boring. Watching and waiting for the odd moment when something's different. There's no disputing the skill and control of the modern PL player, but the footwear, the ball - and most of all bililard table pitches, means the side in possession can keep it for pretty much as long as they want.

Yes, of course, we were in the PL, but the whole experience of being in the ground supporting your own team, is another experience altogether..

You can take a 1,000,000 passes in the PL and 999,500 will be pointless, aimless, back and fore, back and fore, etc., etc.,. Totally and completely boring. Watching and waiting for the odd moment when something's different. There's no disputing the skill and control of the modern PL player, but the footwear, the ball - and most of all bililard table pitches, means the side in possession can keep it for pretty much as long as they want.

Yes, of course, we were in the PL, but the whole experience of being in the ground supporting your own team, is another experience altogether..
    I couldn't disagree more. The football being played in the premier league is largely really entertaining this season (there have been a couple of stinkers since the restart though)
    there aren't any teams who just retain possession for the sake of it, a lot of teams are good at agressive counterpressing so that kind of tactic would be suicide these days.
    There are probably less route 1 teams than ever as well.