+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Liverpool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I have little or no interest on what goes on in the Premier League, even when City had their promotion years there. However I still attended as many home games as possible regardless of who the opposition was.

Someone has to come top of the league so it might as well be Liverpool as much as anyone else. As was mentioned by someone in a previous thread, and which I can identify with, is that I am only interested in the games City are playing in or if there is an underdog vs a top flight side in the FA cup for example (e.g. Newport County recently). Does this make me a second rate football fan?

For me the Premier League represents everything that is rotten in football – the immense amounts of money involved, the greed of players and their “agents”, Sky TV, armchair plastics, the predictability of the “top five” and the relegation fodder, the pricing out of ordinary fans etc.

Rant over!
    You can take a 1,000,000 passes in the PL and 999,500 will be pointless, aimless, back and fore, back and fore, etc., etc.,. Totally and completely boring. Watching and waiting for the odd moment when something's different. There's no disputing the skill and control of the modern PL player, but the footwear, the ball - and most of all bililard table pitches, means the side in possession can keep it for pretty much as long as they want.

Yes, of course, we were in the PL, but the whole experience of being in the ground supporting your own team, is another experience altogether..

Re: Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You can take a 1,000,000 passes in the PL and 999,500 will be pointless, aimless, back and fore, back and fore, etc., etc.,. Totally and completely boring. Watching and waiting for the odd moment when something's different. There's no disputing the skill and control of the modern PL player, but the footwear, the ball - and most of all bililard table pitches, means the side in possession can keep it for pretty much as long as they want.

Yes, of course, we were in the PL, but the whole experience of being in the ground supporting your own team, is another experience altogether..
    I couldn't disagree more. The football being played in the premier league is largely really entertaining this season (there have been a couple of stinkers since the restart though)
    there aren't any teams who just retain possession for the sake of it, a lot of teams are good at agressive counterpressing so that kind of tactic would be suicide these days.
    There are probably less route 1 teams than ever as well.