+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: No confidence vote, against DRAKEFORD, from Welsh Tourist Body !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No confidence vote, against DRAKEFORD, from Welsh Tourist Body !!

What’s the point of opening up hotels and campsites, if there’s nothing for visitors to do !!!!

https://apple.news/Ah_8EYmjkRWu6xJfZRBII5w

Yes be careful, but people’s futures are on the line here

Re: No confidence vote, against DRAKEFORD, from Welsh Tourist Body !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What’s the point of opening up hotels and campsites, if there’s nothing for visitors to do !!!!

https://apple.news/Ah_8EYmjkRWu6xJfZRBII5w

Yes be careful, but people’s futures are on the line here
    Drakeford gets an easy ride. No criticism, no awkward questions, BBC and local media all seem happy to accept his every 'move'. As I said previously I don't think he's the slightest bit bothered about anything regarding economy, jobs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Drakeford gets an easy ride. No criticism, no awkward questions, BBC and local media all seem happy to accept his every 'move'. As I said previously I don't think he's the slightest bit bothered about anything regarding economy, jobs, etc.
    All he is interested in is making a name for himself.

Banned

He's definitely putting health before wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    He cant make a decision. His main aim is just to make sure that any blame for anything that is done is deflected away from himself and his party. If he doesn't make a decision he cant be blamed for it if it goes wrong. Meanwhile the Welsh economy ‘burns’.

Maybe. You can have lockdown/restrictions til eternity with just 1 new case per month, but there comes a time when the risks have to be viewed in the light of every other aspect of our lives..

I know what you’re saying with “health before wealth”, but he may be also not taking into account what he is doing to people mentally.

Hopefully I’m wrong, but these times COULD take people to the edge, even suicide !!!!

As I say, hopefully not, but these people down the bay, might not have the business acumen, to make these decisions. They’re pen pushers, nothing more

OEN UP WALES NOW !!!!!

International

He is definitely putting politics before people.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He is definitely putting politics before people.
    He difinitely is presiding over a period where the hospitals coped, and where his decisions have resulted in the lowest R rates in the country. He definitely doesn't seem to be going against scientific advice.

He difinitely is presiding over a period where the hospitals coped, and where his decisions have resulted in the lowest R rates in the country. He definitely doesn't seem to be going against scientific advice.
    He’s playing with 11 men behind the ball, he’s got to attack some time.

There’s being careful and there’s being “Please god, don’t let me make a mistake”

Wales’s businesses are dying

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He’s playing with 11 men behind the ball, he’s got to attack some time.

There’s being careful and there’s being “Please god, don’t let me make a mistake”

Wales’s businesses are dying
    Yup and that could make a lot of people very un wealthy and no doubt un healthy. The health before wealth thing doesn’t really add up if you look at it more closely than that throw away comment....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yup and that could make a lot of people very un wealthy and no doubt un healthy. The health before wealth thing doesn’t really add up if you look at it more closely than that throw away comment....
    42,000 people croaked it, possibly as many as 60,000. What value do you put on their lives? What value do you put on the lives saved due to the measures taken?

I don't know where you get the idea that we have the lowest R rate. The latest R value from the Technical Advice Cell, they supply the R data to the Senedd, was 0.9 average. That data is before the three food processing outbreaks, so I bet the next data will higher

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I don't know where you get the idea that we have the lowest R rate. The latest R value from the Technical Advice Cell, they supply the R data to the Senedd, was 0.9 average. That data is before the three food processing outbreaks, so I bet the next data will higher
    Hence the need to be cautious.

Wales has a poorer population than England, and it has an older population, with more health complications. Far less of the elderly population live in leafy suburbs in Wales than in england, which are practically social isolation anyway. An independant study stated that something like out o the 10 most vulnerable towns for an outbreak were in Wales.

We should be being more cautious than England, if we were just following their lead then what would the point of having the assembly be?
    England are putting money over lives, and given the above factors it would be even worse for us if we were to follow them.

Some people seem to be jumping on any opportunity to criticise Drakeford because of the party he represents

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Hence the need to be cautious.

Wales has a poorer population than England, and it has an older population, with more health complications. Far less of the elderly population live in leafy suburbs in Wales than in england, which are practically social isolation anyway. An independant study stated that something like out o the 10 most vulnerable towns for an outbreak were in Wales.

We should be being more cautious than England, if we were just following their lead then what would the point of having the assembly be?
    England are putting money over lives, and given the above factors it would be even worse for us if we were to follow them.

Some people seem to be jumping on any opportunity to criticise Drakeford because of the party he represents
    My criticisms of him are nothing to do with his party, but basically the man. As sludge said he is a "wet fish" and I think that's putting it kindly. I commented on his lack of gravitas and charisma long ago in other threads. He is as far as appearing as a leader as he could possibly get, and the way he says things and his terminology demonstrates he his basic parochial tendencies. I think we'd have been far better off if Carwyn Jones were still first minister.

But with regard to his party he is not exactly mainstream in that either is he? He was one of the first to endorse JC when he stood for the leadership, and we know how well that went, he is a member of Unite and Unison, both hard left unions, and a member of momentum, which needs no introduction. He is also reputedly (allegedly) a very nasty person. I'm quite sure that if you spoke to a lot of Labour voting welshmen and women privately they would tell you they wish he wasn't there. I do ask my firneds and that is the overwhelming reponse.

All the more reason for Drakeford to remain cautious unlike Free For All Johnson. A few more weeks staying like we are could turn out to be vital, after all this time I’d be devastated if I caught it now because a politician jumped the gun through pressure, it’d be akin to being shot at 5 to 11 on Armistice Day.

The latest data shows the R number at 0.8 for Wales. Unfortunately we've now got the slowest decline of the disease of all the UK regions, and the highest number of cumulative cases in June.

51 new cases in Wrexham yesterday, that's the per capita equivalent of 300 new cases in Cardiff, and 'cautious' Drakeford is sitting on his hands.

He lives with the fact that we in Cardiff, RCT and N Wales continue to be hotspots, and herds us into 5 mile boundaries to help us catch it from each other.

If he's 'following the science', he needs to get new scientists.

Banned

The latest data shows the R number at 0.8 for Wales. Unfortunately we've now got the slowest decline of the disease of all the UK regions, and the highest number of cumulative cases in June.

51 new cases in Wrexham yesterday, that's the per capita equivalent of 300 new cases in Cardiff, and 'cautious' Drakeford is sitting on his hands.

He lives with the fact that we in Cardiff, RCT and N Wales continue to be hotspots, and herds us into 5 mile boundaries to help us catch it from each other.

That is your interpretation on some figures you haven't provided a link to. The cases in Wrexham are linked to a meat plant where conditions are ripe for the disease to spread (cold factories for example).

Surely a 5 mile boundary makes sense if you think it "helps us catch it from each other". Wrexham is more than 5 miles away, so the chances of it spreading down to your town are remote. If Wrexham was in England, for example, maybe some of those 51 would have been in among the 500,000 people who descended on Bournemouth and Poole yesterday.

He is working on the same SAGE reports that Boris Johnson is. Half a million people, and a major incident declared within days of their relaxation easing. The pubs haven't opened yet either!

That is your interpretation on some figures you haven't provided a link to. The cases in Wrexham are linked to a meat plant where conditions are ripe for the disease to spread (cold factories for example).

Surely a 5 mile boundary makes sense if you think it "helps us catch it from each other". Wrexham is more than 5 miles away, so the chances of it spreading down to your town are remote. If Wrexham was in England, for example, maybe some of those 51 would have been in among the 500,000 people who descended on Bournemouth and Poole yesterday.

He is working on the same SAGE reports that Boris Johnson is. Half a million people, and a major incident declared within days of their relaxation easing. The pubs haven't opened yet either!
    The figures are from an official body UK health think-tank and quoted in todays local press.

Yes I know why there is a surge in cases in Wrexham, but because they are community acquired makes it even more significant. This bloody intracellular parasite is out there and Drakeford's sitting on his hands. If it had been 300 cases in Cardiff in a day Im sure we would have had some action.

You miss the point on the 5 mile rule. If you live in a hot spot you're confined to that hot spot especially in places like Cardiff and RCT.

Wrexham is interesting because local travel for residents can mean a trip to England, from where they can go anywhere, even Bournemouth. Which makes one more reason for our First Minister to impose a severe lockdown in the town until it all settles down.

Banned

You miss the point on the 5 mile rule. If you live in a hot spot you're confined to that hot spot especially in places like Cardiff and RCT.
    I really don't think I am missing any point on the 5 mile rule. Did you see Bournemouth yesterday? And, imagine if Wuhan imposed a 5 mile rule at the start of this.

Banned

Which makes one more reason for our First Minister to impose a severe lockdown in the town until it all settles down.
    But, wouidn't that mean that he is herding people into an area where they can all catch it from each other?

There is a theory that they need to get more stuff open to spread people out, like Bournemouth yesterday, even the local mp was saying there’s nowhere else to go down there so everyone just went to the beach.....

He cant win

It wasnt that long ago people owning tourist attractions were telling people to stay away ! Dont bring the virus here !

Now everyone wants everything opened up

And this is obviously a political post as we have the same old crew having a dig

Hes got the charisma of a wet fish but hes doing the right thing

The effects of this virus on peoples mental health is going to be with us for a long time but it's either lots of people going to their doctors for anti depressants or people dying with a second wave of the virus

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    All he is interested in is making a name for himself.
    Complete load of arse

International

As mentioned elsewhere as total deaths and infection rates come down come down the R rate becomes less and less useful as a measure, although never completely so. The figures just need to be closely monitored and action taken when a particular area seems to increase, such as the meat plants in Anglesey. But there, where action should have been taken to control spread he has sat on his hands and done nothing!
    Hospitals coped because of the lockdown enforced nationwide not be any particular thing that Mr Drakeford did. But they nearly ran out of PPE and nearly failed to appreciate the spread because of things he and his Minister said they had done or were going to do, and didn't!