+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: No confidence vote, against DRAKEFORD, from Welsh Tourist Body !!

Re: No confidence vote, against DRAKEFORD, from Welsh Tourist Body !!

The language from the Government differs significantly from the Welsh Assembly. "reluctant" to close beaches, whereas Drakeford is threatening to do so. We'll be in lockdown here until every fag butt is removed from each and every Welsh beach. I can hear him now " you were warned...."

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The language from the Government differs significantly from the Welsh Assembly. "reluctant" to close beaches, whereas Drakeford is threatening to do so. We'll be in lockdown here until every fag butt is removed from each and every Welsh beach. I can hear him now " you were warned...."
    I thought Drakeford was on a win-win, eh?

What would you like him to do to stop mass gatherings at beaches, Monkfish? Genuine question as you seem to be opposed to every measure he takes but don't seem as upset at anything they do across the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I thought Drakeford was on a win-win, eh?

What would you like him to do to stop mass gatherings at beaches, Monkfish? Genuine question as you seem to be opposed to every measure he takes but don't seem as upset at anything they do across the border.
    I was highlighting what I consider the different emphasis between here and England. The Govt. seems to want to get things moving as soo as is practicably possible. Drakeford won't budge until he's 100% satisified the virus has been all but eliminated from Wales. One is an elected PM who comes under scrutiny and party political interrogation at every opportunity, and is responsible for the economic well being and future of the UK. The other is Mark Drakeford.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    As I mentioned on another thread Mr Drakeford has now said that the Welsh government will stop the lockdown easing if there are more incidents like Ogmore.
    doesn't he realise that the incident was indirectly the result of the lockdown rather than the result of easing it?
    How? Are you guessing that the Ogmore fiasco was a result of a mind-set stymied by the lockdown. Can you elucidate? Where's your evidence?

First Team

I was highlighting what I consider the different emphasis between here and England. The Govt. seems to want to get things moving as soo as is practicably possible. Drakeford won't budge until he's 100% satisified the virus has been all but eliminated from Wales. One is an elected PM who comes under scrutiny and party political interrogation at every opportunity, and is responsible for the economic well being and future of the UK. The other is Mark Drakeford.
    One is doing a good job. The other is Stanley Johnson's offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I guess your parents don’t know how they got it? That’s quite strange if they haven’t been out at all.....not been to any shops?
    It does seem to be pot luck how badly you get it, my aunty caught it in a care home, she’s 89 diabetic with dementia and obese, she survived. As did my friends mum who has COPD and lives with an oxygen tank next to her everyday! We thought she was a goner....
    My step mother got it at Llandough.

International

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    How? Are you guessing that the Ogmore fiasco was a result of a mind-set stymied by the lockdown. Can you elucidate? Where's your evidence?
    you're a great one for asking people for evidence or what was their 'polemic' etc. you are really a son of the internet aren't you. I told you where it came from in my post, if you are interested enough look it up yourself, if you're not why bother asking me?
    The problem is that you have oyur own opinion and being a child of the internet you will simply keep
    looking, ignoring all the posts that don't suit your opinion and keep looking for one that does.
    what you really want to do is go out and live your life and form your opinons based on what happens to you over a number of years in the real world. But you won't will you, you will just sit in front of your screen and keep asking people for "evidence". I doubt you would understand what real evidence really is.
    remember every time you sit with your fingers poised over the keyboard----- this is not real life!!
    As I said, if you are interested enough look it up yourself. If you're not then don't bother.

Oh and the other point, where did you get the phrase, "mindset stymied by the lockdown" from? Clearly not from my post so you made that bit up all on your own did you? There are others on here who make things up about other peoples post so they can give the answer they want. Joining them are you?

Banned

Get things moving by declaring major incidents at beaches. Sounds like a well-thought out plan that one.

Pubs open next week - it's going to be a riot. Literally.

First Team

you're a great one for asking people for evidence or what was their 'polemic' etc. you are really a son of the internet aren't you. I told you where it came from in my post, if you are interested enough look it up yourself, if you're not why bother asking me?
    The problem is that you have oyur own opinion and being a child of the internet you will simply keep
    looking, ignoring all the posts that don't suit your opinion and keep looking for one that does.
    what you really want to do is go out and live your life and form your opinons based on what happens to you over a number of years in the real world. But you won't will you, you will just sit in front of your screen and keep asking people for "evidence". I doubt you would understand what real evidence really is.
    remember every time you sit with your fingers poised over the keyboard----- this is not real life!!
    As I said, if you are interested eenough look it up yourself. If you're not then don't bother.
    Anecdotes do not data make. Data is the basis for systematic evidence.

I don't see in your original post where, other than drawing upon your own inference, you have pointed at any evidence.

One other thing. Why do you assume I'm male and ambulatory? Is that an in-built prejudice?

Banned

I don't see in your original post where, other than drawing upon your own inference, you have pointed at any evidence.

One other thing. Why do you assume I'm male and ambulatory? Is that an in-built prejudice?
    Don't you understand. xsnaggle posts opinions, not facts. But, he often posts those opinions as facts. Until you ask him for evidence, then those facts are definitely opinions and he isn't going to change them no matter what evidence is put in front of him. He doesn't read papers, "online nor real", but he often quotes papers when they give a story that suits his opinion.

He is a dinosaur, an irrelevance, the bloke you'd buy a pint in the pub and then quickly scurry away before he opens his mouth to speak. But, he is our dinosaur, and our irrelevant bloke. Buy him another pint, and he'll fill your ears with garbage. He has plenty of it to give.

International

[QUOTE=az city;5091192]Anecdotes do not data make. Data is the basis for systematic evidence.

One other thing. Why do you assume I'm male and ambulatory? Is that an in-built prejudice?[/
    Your sex is irrelevant and you ambulatory ability is of no concern to me. But I'm sure if you were a cripple you'd have let every single person on this board know by now. I also think you use big words to protect your lack of personal experience of life.
    As I said this is a football message board, where is there a requirement for "data as the basis for systematic evidence"? This is a chat room not a place to perfect your thesis or dissertation.
    do you really talk to people face to face and demand that about every thing they say? Get a life!

Banned

[QUOTE=xsnaggle;5091199]

One other thing. Why do you assume I'm male and ambulatory? Is that an in-built prejudice?[/
    Your sex is irrelevant and you ambulatory ability is of no concern to me. But I'm sure if you were a cripple you'd have let every single person on this board know by now. I also think you use big words to protect your lack of personal experience of life.
    As I said this is a football message board, where is there a requirement for "data as the basis for systematic evidence"? This is a chat room not a place to perfect your thesis or dissertation.
    do you really talk to people face to face and demand that about every thing they say? Get a life!
    Bloody hell - you did really say cripple like it is 1976. And what is it with people getting upset at "big" words these days?

The reason that I ask for evidence is not to correct you, or to change your opinion. It is just so that the casual reader can make up their mind about whether the crap you spout is true or not. Without people challenging you, some people may be swayed by what you say (I doubt it though, you are pretty thick and most people accept that).

International

[QUOTE=CCFCC3PO;5091208]

Bloody hell - you did really say cripple like it is 1976. And what is it with people getting upset at "big" words these days?

The reason that I ask for evidence is not to correct you, or to change your opinion. It is just so that the casual reader can make up their mind about whether the crap you spout is true or not. Without people challenging you, some people may be swayed by what you say (I doubt it though, you are pretty thick and most people accept that).

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    All he is interested in is making a name for himself.

I once saw a comment by someone that read something like " he's happy for Wales to be like a big country park , and the thought of having a more vibrant private sector and economy would result in him not being in power ???

Easy one Mr Drakeford only allow restricted access for large gatherings in these type of areas, should be easy enough to control via our single access roads into these beach areas such as Ogmore, arrest and fine ofrenders thousand bucks for any gathering over 10. Fine folk consuming alcohol and drugs at these areas . Use those funds to pay police bonus and overtime for their efforts .

And only allow family access with maximum restrictions on how many one time , if you make it easy it will be easy as self control and responsibility is not a trait we have in abundance.

Drakeford could follow the Singapore example of course....

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...eaker-12869052

Note: most of the perpetrators were Brits.

(S$8000 is approx £5000!).

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Drakeford could follow the Singapore example of course....

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...eaker-12869052

Note: most of the perpetrators were Brits.

(S$8000 is approx £5000!).
    Oh he won't carry that type of action out not tough enough , he'd rather churlishy punish everyone .

Pity he didn't copy Singapore's Singapore's Covid policy full stop and make Wales a shinning example in the UK her certainly had the powers to do something different, rather than just lockdown ,sadly he didn't protect and lockdown care homes that well

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Oh he won't carry that type of action out not tough enough , he'd rather churlishy punish everyone .

Pity he didn't copy Singapore's Singapore's Covid policy full stop and make Wales a shinning example in the UK her certainly had the powers to do something different, rather than just lockdown ,sadly he didn't protect and lockdown care homes that well
    By the time Wales had power to do anything it was too late.

UK new Covid19 was a threat at the start of the year and produced legislation in Feb. We locked down 6 weeks later by which time it was too late and with no effective testing function we were doomed to failure before the end of March.

The blame doesn't lie at Drakeford's feet regardless of your opinion of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    By the time Wales had power to do anything it was too late.

UK new Covid19 was a threat at the start of the year and produced legislation in Feb. We locked down 6 weeks later by which time it was too late and with no effective testing function we were doomed to failure before the end of March.

The blame doesn't lie at Drakeford's feet regardless of your opinion of him.
    The few people I’ve spoke to about him seem to back him and his stance, one person I spoke to says her mother, who lives over the border, wishes he was making the decisions for England.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle"Mandela jailed for Murder" View Post
    The day you're having, I am wondering if that waving smiley is directed at me, or the ounce of credibility you were holding onto?

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    The day you're having, I am wondering if that waving smiley is directed at me, or the ounce of credibility you were holding onto?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle "Disabled people are cripples" View Post
    It's good you can keep a brave face on it.