+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No confidence vote, against DRAKEFORD, from Welsh Tourist Body !!

Re: No confidence vote, against DRAKEFORD, from Welsh Tourist Body !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The 5 mile rule prevented the disaster what happened on beaches in England.

A national piss up in England is on the cards for 4th July.

The bufoon has no control of the country.

The common sense of the British people. Sadly the UK PM has none.

If there is a 2nd wave he has to resign.

You seem to be implying that the crazy happenings in Bournemouth mean that there will be a surge of cases. Maybe there will, who knows.

I’m talking about a real surge in cases, where our First Minister is sitting on his hands, and you seem to think that,s good

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    You seem to be implying that the crazy happenings in Bournemouth mean that there will be a surge of cases. Maybe there will, who knows.

I’m talking about a real surge in cases, where our First Minister is sitting on his hands, and you seem to think that,s good
    Yes, he should be like Johnson and let them travel hundreds of miles to a beach.

FFS I give up.
    Let me spell it out. The rules are that if you live within 5 miles of our 160 mile border with England, local travel could include a trip into England. Once there our Welsh rules no longer apply but the English rules do , and they allow people to travel anywhere in that country.

When English people visit Wales, our rules apply as soon as they enter our country

Banned

Let me spell it out. The rules are that if you live within 5 miles of our 160 mile border with England, local travel could include a trip into England. Once there our Welsh rules no longer apply but the English rules do , and they allow people to travel anywhere in that country.

When English people visit Wales, our rules apply as soon as they enter our country
    Yes. So how is that Drakeford's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yes, he should be like Johnson and let them travel hundreds of miles to a beach.
    Well if they live in Wrexham he effectively could be because its residents are within 5 miles of England. He needs to get up off his arse and lockdown the hotspots in North Wales

As I said I give up.

Banned

Well if they live in Wrexham he effectively could be because its residents are within 5 miles of England. He needs to get up off his arse and lockdown the hotspots in North Wales
    But, you have already said you don't want him to herd people into hotspots by imposing a 5 mile rule.

Yes. So how is that Drakeford's fault?
    He's seeing a severe escalation of the disease in Wrexham and he's not doing anything active about it. He treating it as if its not happening. Wrexham residents can go about their business as if they lived in Ceredigion where there are b.... all cases. If they want they can drive to England and spread it around there. In an earlier post I mentioned that Wales has this month got the highest number of cumulative cases in UK Also the slowest rate of decline in UK, some dangerous hot spots and you seem to think that Drakeford doing nothing about it is to be applauded

But, you have already said you don't want him to herd people into hotspots by imposing a 5 mile rule.

He needs to impose a lockdown in the area just like we did for the whole of Wales in March. the 5 mile rule was part of him easing the lockdown. In Wrexham and other parts of North Wales the lockdown needs to be re-imposed. ie Stay at home then you can't spread it

Banned

He's seeing a severe escalation of the disease in Wrexham and he's not doing anything active about it. He treating it as if its not happening. Wrexham residents can go about their business as if they lived in Ceredigion where there are b.... all cases. If they want they can drive to England and spread it around there. In an earlier post I mentioned that Wales has this month got the highest number of cumulative cases in UK Also the slowest rate of decline in UK, some dangerous hot spots and you seem to think that Drakeford doing nothing about it is to be applauded
    Yes, you mentioned it but haven't sourced it.

I'm starting work now, hopefully you will make your mind up on which of the two contradictory arguments you are going to stick with.

As I said I give up.
    Im not sure if you think Im wrong or not, but those are the rules

Banned

He needs to impose a lockdown in the area just like we did for the whole of Wales in March. the 5 mile rule was part of him easing the lockdown. In Wrexham and other parts of North Wales the lockdown needs to be re-imposed. ie Stay at home then you can't spread it
    But, aren't those people already self-isolating?

I'm starting work now, hopefully you will make your mind up on which of the two contradictory arguments you are going to stick with.
    The source is the UK Health Think-Tank, and it is in todays South Wales Echo

You and others seem to be getting confused with what is norm in Wales now, ie we are easing the lockdown and 5 mile travel etc is allowed. What Im saying is that the number of cases in parts of North Wales is so significantly high that Drakeford needs o impose local lockdowns...just like he did in Wales in March. ie Stay at home

But, aren't those people already self-isolating?
    Hope so, but they are just the ones they know about.

I wouldn't mind betting the majority of the Ingerlish would prefer to have a no frills Mark Drakeford in charge of them as opposed to an "entertaining' useless lump of lard. I'm certainly grateful for that.

The latest data shows the R number at 0.8 for Wales. Unfortunately we've now got the slowest decline of the disease of all the UK regions, and the highest number of cumulative cases in June.

51 new cases in Wrexham yesterday, that's the per capita equivalent of 300 new cases in Cardiff, and 'cautious' Drakeford is sitting on his hands.

He lives with the fact that we in Cardiff, RCT and N Wales continue to be hotspots, and herds us into 5 mile boundaries to help us catch it from each other.

If he's 'following the science', he needs to get new scientists.
    There is a theory that they need to get more stuff open to spread people out, like Bournemouth yesterday, even the local mp was saying there’s nowhere else to go down there so everyone just went to the beach.....

What about the 1000 plus crowd that descended on ogmore beach yesterday leading to mass brawling and the deployment of 15 police Van's

Was that drakeford fault ?

Hes put in a five mile zone and that lot just pissed all over it

Imagine if we follow englands lead ?

It will be carnage all summer

Barry island was full of pissed up coach loads from all over the place

You cant trust the british people and open everything up , they are thick as shit

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I wouldn't mind betting the majority of the Ingerlish would prefer to have a no frills Mark Drakeford in charge of them as opposed to an "entertaining' useless lump of lard. I'm certainly grateful for that.
    Im talking about a serious outbreak in Wales, (currently the worse in the UK for cumulative cases), and our First Minister sitting on his hands, and all you can do is ignore that and criticise the bloke next door

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What about the 1000 plus crowd that descended on ogmore beach yesterday leading to mass brawling and the deployment of 15 police Van's

Was that drakeford fault ?

Hes put in a five mile zone and that lot just pissed all over it

Imagine if we follow englands lead ?

It will be carnage all summer

Barry island was full of pissed up coach loads from all over the place

You cant trust the british people and open everything up , they are thick as shit
    apparently the SAGE group in its reporting warned of the likelihood of civil unrest when lockdown was lifted after people had been confined for so long.
    so if the governments (Brit and Welsh) weren't kind of expecting it then perhaps they haven't been following the science quite as much as they lead us to believe.

Not contradictory, just some can't seem to grasp it. The 5 mile rule is part of easing the lockdown. I think it stupid for reasons outlined earlier.
    The situation in parts on North Wales, now the worse in UK, needs some action and Drakeford should impose the full lockdown in those areas. ie stay at home , no travel etc

There is nothing to lose if he does it, maybe plenty to lose if he doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    apparently the SAGE group in its reporting warned of the likelihood of civil unrest when lockdown was lifted after people had been confined for so long.
    so if the governments (Brit and Welsh) weren't kind of expecting it then perhaps they haven't been following the science quite as much as they lead us to believe.
    They dont need feckin science to predict the scenes from yesterday.

Or what will happen on July 4th.

Useless.

That's where the 5 mile rule comes in surely? But, you argued against that rule because it would "herd people into hotspots". Now, you are saying that, where there is a hotspot, he needs to get tougher? It's all very confusing.
    The 5 mile rule was part of Drakeford easing the lockdown. The Lockdown was stay at home other than for essential travel

I really think this tough lockdown should be re-imposed in parts of North Wales

I mentioned 51 cases in Wrexham yesterday which per capita is same as 300 cases in Cardiff. If it had been so in Cardiff the Senedd would be jumping up and down to get tough

Im talking about a serious outbreak in Wales, (currently the worse in the UK for cumulative cases), and our First Minister sitting on his hands, and all you can do is ignore that and criticise the bloke next door
    You were criticizing him the other day for being too cautious, now he's sitting on his hands?
    It seems you just want to criticize the guy.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    You were criticizing him the other day for being too cautious, now he's sitting on his hands?
    It seems you just want to criticize the guy.
    Isn't "sitting on his hands" a euphemism for being overly cautious?

International

As I mentioned on another thread Mr Drakeford has now said that the Welsh government will stop the lockdown easing if there are more incidents like Ogmore.
    doesn't he realise that the incident was indirectly the result of the lockdown rather than the result of easing it?