+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: No confidence vote, against DRAKEFORD, from Welsh Tourist Body !!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: No confidence vote, against DRAKEFORD, from Welsh Tourist Body !!

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I don't know where you get the idea that we have the lowest R rate. The latest R value from the Technical Advice Cell, they supply the R data to the Senedd, was 0.9 average. That data is before the three food processing outbreaks, so I bet the next data will higher
    Hence the need to be cautious.

Wales has a poorer population than England, and it has an older population, with more health complications. Far less of the elderly population live in leafy suburbs in Wales than in england, which are practically social isolation anyway. An independant study stated that something like out o the 10 most vulnerable towns for an outbreak were in Wales.

We should be being more cautious than England, if we were just following their lead then what would the point of having the assembly be?
    England are putting money over lives, and given the above factors it would be even worse for us if we were to follow them.

Some people seem to be jumping on any opportunity to criticise Drakeford because of the party he represents

International

Re: No confidence vote, against DRAKEFORD, from Welsh Tourist Body !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Hence the need to be cautious.

Wales has a poorer population than England, and it has an older population, with more health complications. Far less of the elderly population live in leafy suburbs in Wales than in england, which are practically social isolation anyway. An independant study stated that something like out o the 10 most vulnerable towns for an outbreak were in Wales.

We should be being more cautious than England, if we were just following their lead then what would the point of having the assembly be?
    England are putting money over lives, and given the above factors it would be even worse for us if we were to follow them.

Some people seem to be jumping on any opportunity to criticise Drakeford because of the party he represents
    My criticisms of him are nothing to do with his party, but basically the man. As sludge said he is a "wet fish" and I think that's putting it kindly. I commented on his lack of gravitas and charisma long ago in other threads. He is as far as appearing as a leader as he could possibly get, and the way he says things and his terminology demonstrates he his basic parochial tendencies. I think we'd have been far better off if Carwyn Jones were still first minister.

But with regard to his party he is not exactly mainstream in that either is he? He was one of the first to endorse JC when he stood for the leadership, and we know how well that went, he is a member of Unite and Unison, both hard left unions, and a member of momentum, which needs no introduction. He is also reputedly (allegedly) a very nasty person. I'm quite sure that if you spoke to a lot of Labour voting welshmen and women privately they would tell you they wish he wasn't there. I do ask my firneds and that is the overwhelming reponse.