+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No confidence vote, against DRAKEFORD, from Welsh Tourist Body !!

Banned

Re: No confidence vote, against DRAKEFORD, from Welsh Tourist Body !!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You have so much to say for yourself. what are your qualifications on the subject. you by-passed that didn't you, it's none prat!!!! But you won't admit you may have been on the wrong side of that little point will you? not a fecking chance!!! Just deflect!!
    How is he on the wrong side? If anything, your logic for being on the right side is that the point you made is a point made by someone else that azcity respects. Does that mean that everything the other Brian Wilson says should be agreed with by azcity?

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    How is he on the wrong side? If anything, your logic for being on the right side is that the point you made is a point made by someone else that azcity respects. Does that mean that everything the other Brian Wilson says should be agreed with by azcity?

International

Anyone know who the other Brian Wilson is? I'm not sure I even know the first one!

Banned

Ooh look, xsnaggle acting like a prat again.

International

Ooh look, xsnaggle acting like a prat again.

First Team

You have so much to say for yourself.
    Says the poster with in excess of 8,000 posts compared with my 370.

Yours,
    The "prat"

Anyone know who the other Brian Wilson is? I'm not sure I even know the first one!
    beach boys

greatest hits, something for everyone

International

Thank you Matt.

Thank you Matt.
    you are most welcome

Slow and steady wins the race. Cases are peaking all over the US. Even New York and New Jersey have seen slight increases in cases lately. Back in Wales, my parents both have it. They've stayed at home for 3 months. My step mother had a fall and was admitted to Llandough and came home with Covid two weeks ago. Luckily, they seem to be finally getting better, but it's been very worrying and especially hard on my sister who's had to do all the work. And really shitty for my parents, who did everything they could to protect themselves.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Slow and steady wins the race. Cases are peaking all over the US. Even New York and New Jersey have seen slight increases in cases lately. Back in Wales, my parents both have it. They've stayed at home for 3 months. My step mother had a fall and was admitted to Llandough and came home with Covid two weeks ago. Luckily, they seem to be finally getting better, but it's been very worrying and especially hard on my sister who's had to do all the work. And really shitty for my parents, who did everything they could to protect themselves.
    Sorry to hear about your parents. Hopefully they're on their way back to health.

We have a coming apocalypse in Arizona I'm afraid. We have an amazing surge of infections, the hospitals are at capacity apart from desperate helicopter rides around the state to seek a last ICU bed in the rural north, the administration is (privately) worried the private healthcare system is going to go bust under the strain and, as an example, I heard today that Fountain Hills (a wealthy city in the east valley) had a 5 hour meeting to discuss mandating mask wearing in public and voted 4-3 against, so there is a strong anti-social distancing mentality. Our governor, Deadly Doug, is doing absolutely nothing. We now have a call out to NY for help from healthcare professionals to come help here. In a private Arizona Department of Health Services discussion today there was an agreement to ask the governor to consider a temporary lockdown over the 4th of July weekend because things are so bad.

I say all that because from 5,000 miles away Drakeford et al seem like geniuses in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I guess your parents don’t know how they got it? That’s quite strange if they haven’t been out at all.....not been to any shops?
    It does seem to be pot luck how badly you get it, my aunty caught it in a care home, she’s 89 diabetic with dementia and obese, she survived. As did my friends mum who has COPD and lives with an oxygen tank next to her everyday! We thought she was a goner....

He difinitely is presiding over a period where the hospitals coped, and where his decisions have resulted in the lowest R rates in the country. He definitely doesn't seem to be going against scientific advice.
    The latest data shows the R number at 0.8 for Wales. Unfortunately we've now got the slowest decline of the disease of all the UK regions, and the highest number of cumulative cases in June.

51 new cases in Wrexham yesterday, that's the per capita equivalent of 300 new cases in Cardiff, and 'cautious' Drakeford is sitting on his hands.

He lives with the fact that we in Cardiff, RCT and N Wales continue to be hotspots, and herds us into 5 mile boundaries to help us catch it from each other.

If he's 'following the science', he needs to get new scientists.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    The latest data shows the R number at 0.8 for Wales. Unfortunately we've now got the slowest decline of the disease of all the UK regions, and the highest number of cumulative cases in June.

51 new cases in Wrexham yesterday, that's the per capita equivalent of 300 new cases in Cardiff, and 'cautious' Drakeford is sitting on his hands.

He lives with the fact that we in Cardiff, RCT and N Wales continue to be hotspots, and herds us into 5 mile boundaries to help us catch it from each other.

If he's 'following the science', he needs to get new scientists.
    That is your interpretation on some figures you haven't provided a link to. The cases in Wrexham are linked to a meat plant where conditions are ripe for the disease to spread (cold factories for example).

Surely a 5 mile boundary makes sense if you think it "helps us catch it from each other". Wrexham is more than 5 miles away, so the chances of it spreading down to your town are remote. If Wrexham was in England, for example, maybe some of those 51 would have been in among the 500,000 people who descended on Bournemouth and Poole yesterday.

He is working on the same SAGE reports that Boris Johnson is. Half a million people, and a major incident declared within days of their relaxation easing. The pubs haven't opened yet either!

That is your interpretation on some figures you haven't provided a link to. The cases in Wrexham are linked to a meat plant where conditions are ripe for the disease to spread (cold factories for example).

Surely a 5 mile boundary makes sense if you think it "helps us catch it from each other". Wrexham is more than 5 miles away, so the chances of it spreading down to your town are remote. If Wrexham was in England, for example, maybe some of those 51 would have been in among the 500,000 people who descended on Bournemouth and Poole yesterday.

He is working on the same SAGE reports that Boris Johnson is. Half a million people, and a major incident declared within days of their relaxation easing. The pubs haven't opened yet either!
    The figures are from an official body UK health think-tank and quoted in todays local press.

Yes I know why there is a surge in cases in Wrexham, but because they are community acquired makes it even more significant. This bloody intracellular parasite is out there and Drakeford's sitting on his hands. If it had been 300 cases in Cardiff in a day Im sure we would have had some action.

You miss the point on the 5 mile rule. If you live in a hot spot you're confined to that hot spot especially in places like Cardiff and RCT.

Wrexham is interesting because local travel for residents can mean a trip to England, from where they can go anywhere, even Bournemouth. Which makes one more reason for our First Minister to impose a severe lockdown in the town until it all settles down.

The 5 mile rule prevented the disaster what happened on beaches in England.

A national piss up in England is on the cards for 4th July.

The bufoon has no control of the country.

The common sense of the British people. Sadly the UK PM has none.

If there is a 2nd wave he has to resign.

Banned

You miss the point on the 5 mile rule. If you live in a hot spot you're confined to that hot spot especially in places like Cardiff and RCT.
    I really don't think I am missing any point on the 5 mile rule. Did you see Bournemouth yesterday? And, imagine if Wuhan imposed a 5 mile rule at the start of this.

Also people on the border on Welsh rules still have to stay within 5 miles.

Banned

Which makes one more reason for our First Minister to impose a severe lockdown in the town until it all settles down.
    But, wouidn't that mean that he is herding people into an area where they can all catch it from each other?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Also people on the border on Welsh rules still have to stay within 5 miles.

Not so. Once in England their rules apply

But, wouidn't that mean that he is herding people into an area where they can all catch it from each other?
    I mentioned a lockdown, just like we had late in March...ie stay at home, no golf, no meeting in groups etc....Drakeford needs to get a grip on these dangerous local outbreaks

Hes a bit like Boris. Stay at home , but go out. Go to work but stay in.

Keep Wrexham locked down. But let them out so they are not in the same area

Banned

Drakeford can only set the rules for Wales. What happens once a Welshman crosses the border into England is completely down to Johnson. Hence the shambles at Bournemouth yesterday.

Banned

I mentioned a lockdown, just like we had late in March...ie stay at home, no golf, no meeting in groups etc....Drakeford needs to get a grip on these dangerous local outbreaks
    That's where the 5 mile rule comes in surely? But, you argued against that rule because it would "herd people into hotspots". Now, you are saying that, where there is a hotspot, he needs to get tougher? It's all very confusing.

FFS I give up.