+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: card payment terminals

card payment terminals

Anyone on here have any knowledge of them ? ? ?

i want to be able to take card payments ( contact-less )

anyone use them ? ? ? sell them ? ? ? have any knowledge of them ? ? ?

cheers
    matt

Re: card payment terminals

I used to go to a physio in Bridgend last year and they had a little machine that connected to their phone via Bluetooth. They then entered the amount on their phone then u just scanned yours contactless. How this makes sense. Think it was the white izettle one in the link

https://www.mobiletransaction.org/card-machine-small-business-uk/

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

cheers
    matt
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I used to go to a physio in Bridgend last year and they had a little machine that connected to their phone via Bluetooth. They then entered the amount on their phone then u just scanned yours contactless. How this makes sense. Think it was the white izettle one in the link

https://www.mobiletransaction.org/ca...l-business-uk/
    cheers

cheers
    matt
    It depends whether you want to make payments out on site, over the phone, or in a fixed location - different options available..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It depends whether you want to make payments out on site, over the phone, or in a fixed location - different options available..
    onsite

I would prefer a option that takes the a % at source of payment and doesnt have a fixed monthly fee, pay as you use type of thing

My daughter uses a paypal terminal. One off payment about £50 but you obv pay a % of each transaction to paypal. Used it 2/3 years. Works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    My daughter uses a paypal terminal. One off payment about £50 but you obv pay a % of each transaction to paypal. Used it 2/3 years. Works well.
    cheers, ive looked at at and i was going to order it, I use paypal to take online payments, so its a short jump to the terminal they have, but thought i would ask on here

i might add a quid on if they use the machine to cover my costs

Can I just check again as I've lost the email matt.
    What time on Monday is my colonic irrigation appointment? I have it in my head it's 10.30am?

cheers, ive looked at at and i was going to order it, I use paypal to take online payments, so its a short jump to the terminal they have, but thought i would ask on here

Not that you're legally allowed to do that of course

Customers are comfortable with using PayPal too. As you will know they get pinged the minute the transaction goes through so it's very safe.
    Not sure about adding a bit on though! 😀

onsite

I would prefer a option that takes the a % at source of payment and doesnt have a fixed monthly fee, pay as you use type of thing
    If you google 'mobile card payment machine' there are several out there. I used to have on a few yrs back but only needed to use it a couple of times as my circumstances changed. You tether it to your phone's bluetooth in order to get a signal, but they're brilliant for a business that need to take payments on site

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Not that you're legally allowed to do that of course
    always used to, used to be 50p if your order was under a tenner, i guess thats changed

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Customers are comfortable with using PayPal too. As you will know they get pinged the minute the transaction goes through so it's very safe.
    Not sure about adding a bit on though! ��

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If you google 'mobile card payment machine' there are several out there. I used to have on a few yrs back but only needed to use it a couple of times as my circumstances changed. You tether it to your phone's bluetooth in order to get a signal, but they're brilliant for a business that need to take payments on site
    loads of them online, so many options, though as JC says above paypal is a bit of well known brand name aswell