+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liverpool. EPL Champions

Re: Liverpool. EPL Champions

Amazing to think what this team cost compared to that team that won it 30 years ago....I read it so where the other day.

When I was about 10 playing on Whitchurch Common - you were either Liverpool or Leeds - I was Liverpool - we still went down the City.
    From about 76 onwards I would be down the city whenever I could, but wuold always support Liverpool when they were on TV and loved it when they won european cups etc.

In the 80's a mixed City with going to watch Liverpool a few times, and also saw Newport County a few times ( home and away ) - I've actually been to Plough Lane in the away end supporting three different teams!

I went to Stamford Bridge to see Liverpool with the League in 86, I also saw them beat sunderland at Wembley to win the FA cup.

I've seem quite a few promotions with Cardiff ( home and Away ), Wembley appearance - I've also been to Europe and was won on the 50 cardiff fans that went to Derry City.

I cheered last night when the final whistle blew and Liverpool won the league for the first time since 1990.

Does that make me a bad cardiff fan? I don't know but I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Amazing to think what this team cost compared to that team that won it 30 years ago....I read it so where the other day.
    Just did a quick search, Jürgen Klopp spent £424,000,000 on players.
    Feck knows what their wage bill is.

That said, the 1990 team was no doubt among the high earners.

It was hardly a level playing field then but it's a hell of a lot less level now.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

It was hardly a level playing field then but it's a hell of a lot less level now.
    equivalent to Neymar, Mbppe and Felix

If carlsberg did the worst way to win the league.

I thought their nett spend over the last 5 seasons has been relatively modest by PL standards?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Think his net spend isn’t so bad as they sold courtinho for 120 million and Suarez for 50 was it? Back in 1990 though they had players like Steve nicol, Steve macman, Hansen, didn’t cost them hardly anything did they? Even rushy was only pennies

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Think his net spend isn’t so bad as they sold courtinho for 120 million and Suarez for 50 was it? Back in 1990 though they had players like Steve nicol, Steve macman, Hansen, didn’t cost them hardly anything did they? Even rushy was only pennies
    Benteke 32m, Sakho 26m, Solanke - 20m ings 20m Joe aLLEN AND Ibe were about 13/15 m each as well.

International

The one upside to Liverpool winning is that Man united didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

It's even more of a closed shop than it's ever been really
    To be fair and I do agree with you, but looking at the winners by decade, the previous decade which I included Liverpool in as that's when the season started, it had the largest number of different clubs to win the title since the 60s.

Already tired of this 'Thirty Years of Hurt' bollocks. They won nineteen trophies in those thirty years. Some clubs won nothing. Try supporting Rotherham, or Tranmere, even...

Someone mentioned Pontypridd earlier. To be fair there aren't too many overt Liverpool fans here, although I expect they'll come out of the woodwork now, and the former Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs fans will probably no be wearing Liverpool tops.

I always play a little game with them (They are always 'big' Liverpool fans!).

Stop the Liverpool shirt wearing fan and the conversation goes as follows:

Me 'Liverpool fan then are you?'
    Them ' Yep I'm a big Liverpool fan' (This response is compulsory)
    Me ' Which part of Liverpool are you from?
    Them ' Oh I'm not from Liverpool, I'm from...…
    Me: 'How often do you go up and see them?'
    Them 'Oh I've never been there, I just watch on the telly'
    Me : A smile of scorn and derision and a nod of the head.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Already tired of this 'Thirty Years of Hurt' bollocks. They won nineteen trophies in those thirty years. Some clubs won nothing. Try supporting Rotherham, or Tranmere, even...
    Ain't that the truth , 30 years of hurt my arse

Liverpool formed the greedy league and it's taken them 28 years to win it

Feck em

My Facebook's currently absolutely disgusting

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...liver-building

Liverpool in fairness have made a statement...

“It was Chelsea and the NF.”