+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will some pressure groups turn people against them ?

Will some pressure groups turn people against them ?

Do some pressure groups fighting causes on behalf of a racial group or a religious group go too far ?
    It seems to me they will often go too far labelling people and calling them rotten for the littlest of things, they will often label and denounce people that don't have a view, claiming if you are not with us they are against us and then and treat them the same as opponents.
    IMO it does their causes no good to demonise decent honest people for the littlest of things, even going as far as causing their careers and lives to be wrecked in some cases.

Re: Will some pressure groups turn people against them ?

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Do some pressure groups fighting causes on behalf of a racial group or a religious group go too far ?
    It seems to me they will often go too far labelling people and calling them rotten for the littlest of things, they will often label and denounce people that don't have a view, claiming if you are not with us they are against us and then and treat them the same as opponents.
    IMO it does their causes no good to demonise decent honest people for the littlest of things, even going as far as causing their careers and lives to be wrecked in some cases.
    Irony alert.

Perhaps a few examples would help clarify your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I'm talking in general terms, stories I've read in the press, comments I've seen on social media etc

I'm talking in general terms, stories I've read in the press, comments I've seen on social media etc
    Would help if you gave examples.

Are you claiming BLM is counter-productive?

I was thinking about ordinary folk and not so much high fliers or people in the pubic eye, there is not so much of a known back story with ordinary people, there is with high fliers and people in the public eye although they are not the sort of people I'm thinking of, there are recent news stories of those type of people falling fool of pressure groups like Aimee Cooper and Rebecca Long Bailey, one falling foul of a racial pressure group and one of a religious pressure group and both paying a price, one a high flier and one in the public eye, my concern is not those type of people but ordinary people, but even those people from that level of society it makes for debate if they merited the treatment they received.

Not heard of Aimee Cooper - any info you can provide?

As for Becky Wrong-Daily, even Maxine Peake has walked back from her false claims... had to go.

High fliers and the like go into damage limitation mode.

Much like the English clearly persecute you, trampie.

You have to wonder who is behind some of these pressure groups sometimes.

Anyone who speaks out about anything is going to receive some flak. Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in jail. If people are brave enough to speak out or take action and suffer the consequences, more power to them.

Progress is not always a straight line. People may turn again the progress groups. And people within the turning group may turn against themselves.

You do. You also have to wonder who's behind naming them, and accusing them and why they do that.

Have you investigated that, Trampie?

I've heard a rumour Joe Jordan was behind the Scottish (g)nats. No Welsh (g)nat should back them.

I hear American intelligence agencies investigated and found it was the Russians.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Anyone who speaks out about anything is going to receive some flak. Nelson Mandela spent 27 years in jail. If people are brave enough to speak out or take action and suffer the consequences, more power to them.
    But he was imprisoned for murder, be fair?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Christ, he is on form today.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What?

Mandela was imprisoned not for murder but for charges of looking to overthrow the government.

Winnie on the other hand was implicated in murders.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What?
    Just finished cleaning coffee off my monitor.

Social inequality linked to murder rates shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Just finished cleaning coffee off my monitor.

I was thinking about ordinary folk and not so much high fliers or people in the pubic eye, there is not so much of a known back story with ordinary people, there is with high fliers and people in the public eye although they are not the sort of people I'm thinking of, there are recent news stories of those type of people falling fool of pressure groups like Aimee Cooper and Rebecca Long Bailey, one falling foul of a racial pressure group and one of a religious pressure group and both paying a price, one a high flier and one in the public eye, my concern is not those type of people but ordinary people, but even those people from that level of society it makes for debate if they merited the treatment they received.
    Any nominations for people in the pubic eye?

On a wider point you can try too hard when you are trolling Trampie. Good enough when your niche view was Welsh Nationalism but now you have branched out into anything that moves you don't half start to resemble the kind of people that lots put on ignore in their previous guise.

I don't troll, anyone prepared to go against the crowd often gets labelled, pressure groups sometimes do their causes no good due to them often vilifying decent people.