+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Goes Against The Grain

Goes Against The Grain

But a Leeds win to pile a bit more pressure on Fulham, would put us 5 behind them with a game in hand. Mitrovic should have had a red then in the first couple of minutes, deliberate elbow, shocking.

Re: Goes Against The Grain

Really not sure who I want to win this one.....as you say it goes against the grain to want Leeds but....

I would think that Fulham will be missing Mitrovic for a few games, that elbow has to be viewed as a red retrospectively.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    But a Leeds win to pile a bit more pressure on Fulham, would put us 5 behind them with a game in hand. Mitrovic should have had a red then in the first couple of minutes, deliberate elbow, shocking.
    Am I missing something? Isn't it 4 points with no game in hand?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I would think that Fulham will be missing Mitrovic for a few games, that elbow has to be viewed as a red retrospectively.
    Thought the same and glad it wasn't spotted.
    Cannot want Leeds to win.... ever!

Fulham all over them......have to say different class to PNE v City earlier....

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Am I missing something? Isn't it 4 points with no game in hand?
    Ah, I made the mistake of reading the ‘in play’ table before Leeds scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

More than one way to skin a cat though Maurice, and we’ve skinned two after the restart, Leeds being one of them. As much as I’d love the City to be akin to Brazil 1970, I’ll take things as they have been these last two games.

Ugly sometimes gets you out of this league .

Is it any wonder with the quality of player on show and both teams known for playing decent football.
    Still enjoyed our game, cat and mouse for an hour and credit to NH, spotting that Preston were offering nothing, little threat and taking the initiative with his substitutions.

Steve McLaren on H/T substitutions "I really admire Bielsa and the way he changes the personnel".... expect a Fulham revival then

It's time for a reminder....

https://youtu.be/XaW1hqqyEhw

Edit:
    Sorry can't get link to work
    Last edited by MacAdder; 27-06-20 at 15:14. Reason: Link issue

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Is it any wonder with the quality of player on show and both teams known for playing decent football.
    Still enjoyed our game, cat and mouse for an hour and credit to NH, spotting that Preston were offering nothing, little threat and taking the initiative with his substitutions.
    To be fair he's trying to adopt a better style, I note today defenders where happy to move the ball across the back line rather than hoof , it's not his fault he has adopted a squad that lack that Fulham type player and style, I've been impressed by the last two games and yes they could make the play offs this year ,especially if we can get Tomlin match fit .

What a plus to see our German striker knocking them, difficult goal to score today , even with the deflection in those torrential conditions.

Leeds 2 nil.... Bielsa's been copying our Neil! Smash and grab

What a gift goal. That's it then.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    To be fair he's trying to adopt a better style, I note today defenders where happy to move the ball across the back line rather than hoof , it's not his fault he has adopted a squad that lack that Fulham type player and style, I've been impressed by the last two games and yes they could make the play offs this year ,especially if we can get Tomlin match fit .

What a plus to see our German striker knocking them, difficult goal to score today , even with the deflection in those torrential conditions.
    Agree with all this, although Preston did play into our hands a bit as our passing has been known to go awry at times and a pressing game might have seen us go long a bit more.
    We look fit and our players have bought into the style of play.

I too am pleased for Herr Glatzel

3 nil Leeds.

Ball over the top from his own half to Jack Harrison who hits it into the goal....

"That's premier league quality"

Edit: Turning it off now, it's becoming a little bit nauseating!

Don't think we have anything to fear from Fulham unless they improve dramatically in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Don't think we have anything to fear from Fulham unless they improve dramatically in the next few weeks.
    Not if they are they in freefall again, and were in the ascendancy, what I do know about this league togetherness , adapting to opponents, and smart thinking gets you up , let's do it for Whitts , I hear you cry ?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    3 nil Leeds.

Ball over the top from his own half to Jack Harrison who hits it into the goal....

"That's premier league quality"

Edit: Turning it off now, it's becoming a little bit nauseating!
    “Fittest team in the league by far and that’s why they outrun and outplay teams as the game goes on” says Steve Maclaren, obviously didn’t see our two games against them.