Re: FT: PRESTON NE 1 - 3 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

49.9% possession

We look really fit and strong.

Very good display.

Jacks lost at home to Luton. What a day 😂

Anyone mentioned the Jacks yet? Lost at home to bottom placed Luton. And our next opponents, Charlton (Tues 6pm) won again as they beat QPR.

So many positives. Away fans amazing once again.

Blue army

Naff off swansea

Re: PRESTON NE v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I reckon after today's games there could be 8 teams within a couple of points chasing 6th place - think we need Forest to start dropping a few so there's another spot up for grabs..

Brilliant goal by M-L. Terrific turn of speed and then that curl on the ball!

Get in there city!!

I don’t think anybody would argue our current starting eleven is our strongest, but does anybody in the Championship have a stronger bench than us?

With 5 substitutes available I think Harris is doing the right thing - selection wise. He didn’t need to rush today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    Get in there city!!

I don’t think anybody would argue our current starting eleven is our strongest, but does anybody in the Championship have a stronger bench than us?

With 5 substitutes available I think Harris is doing the right thing - selection wise. He didn’t need to rush today.

Harris has been spot on twice with his selections, can’t ask for any more.

Great result ....first 11 wear them down then after 60 minutes bring on some skill and pace ��

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    So many positives. Away fans amazing once again.
    My first away game for almost 20 years. I reckon I made the difference.

Anyone got the goals up ?

Reading this thread up to about the 65th minute is real comedy gold. 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Reading this thread up to about the 65th minute is real comedy gold. ������
    65th minute!!!!!! Aw c’mon, we were all secretly fearing Preston equalising up to the final whistle.....it’s in the dna of every City fan

Strength in depth is key here especially as you can now bring on five subs. You have a great chance of now making the play offs. Thereafter who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    Get in there city!!

I won't knock Harris and I might sound picky here, but he took his time bringing on Tomlin I think. We won't always get the impact we need from him in the short time he's got, we did today and it worked out well, but it won't always be the case. I think he made the right personnel changes but we needed Tomlin on sooner. I understand he wants to keep it compact and make us hard to beat for as long as possible, but they were there to be beat today. If we came away with a point today because Tomlin didn't have long enough to pick the lock, the reaction on here would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Reading this thread up to about the 65th minute is real comedy gold. 😂😂😂
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I won't knock Harris and I might sound picky here, but he took his time bringing on Tomlin I think. We won't always get the impact we need from him in the short time he's got, we did today and it worked out well, but it won't always be the case. I think he made the right personnel changes but we needed Tomlin on sooner. I understand he wants to keep it compact and make us hard to beat for as long as possible, but they were there to be beat today. If we came away with a point today because Tomlin didn't have long enough to pick the lock, the reaction on here would be different.
    Tomlin has only just recovered from his knee injury, hasn't he? We're playing twice per week from now until the end of the season, so there isn't going to be much opportunity to recover between matches.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Anyone got the goals up ?
    https://www.skysports.com/football/p...cardiff/409809

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Tomlin has only just recovered from his knee injury, hasn't he? We're playing twice per week from now until the end of the season, so there isn't going to be much opportunity to recover between matches.

A very good point.👍

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    That 10 minutes extra going to do damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    A very good point.👍
    He got 13 minutes today (and the injury time on top) if you read the posts people are asking for him to come on sooner so he can have an impact. 13 minutes is leaving it fine. I doubt 15 minutes extra is going to out him back in hospital.

Is this Vincent's jet?