+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do people really believe the bollocks about 'snowflakes'?

Re: Do people really believe the bollocks about 'snowflakes'?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Snowflake

Its PC gone mad

I am not racist but .....
    “But I’ve got coloured friends”

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    "I'm not racist, I think everybody's equal - black, white, yellow" the other day was a stone cold classic

Theres a black bloke down the road from me , hes allright , keeps himself to himself , hes ok . We had one or two of THEM in school .

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I think the ones who say you cant say anything these days without upsetting snowflakes , coloureds , gays etc are actually saying this because they regularly indulge in offensive ignorant and outdated speech and behaviour and are outraged because they have been sussed out and dont fecking like it

But anyway great win for city !

Do you think folk who use that phrase are racist?
    Stop trying to join the in crowd on here. You're better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Do you think folk who use that phrase are racist?
    Stop trying to join the in crowd on here. You're better than that.
    It’s a stock phrase by some folk unfortunately.

International

And I know quite a lot of good muslims! Does that count to?? Doh!!

Latest argument in IT is that of the naming of the main branch of code in something like Github.

Traditionally been "master", there's currently many kicking off saying it "refers to slavery", patent bollocks. Media has traditionally used the phrase "master copy" after all.

"I'm not racist, I think everybody's equal - black, white, yellow" the other day was a stone cold classic
    Do you think the poster who used that term is racist?, or are you just calling him out to look the smart arse you are.?
    You know very well that White people aren't really white in colour, and red Indians aren't really red. etc.
    We all do don't we?
    These colours used to describe different races have even been used in songs like Melting Pot by Blue Mink, which was written yrs ago to promote a racist free world.
    Posters like you, Sludge , Eric , Splotty etc, are so far up your own arses. Like a saturation bombing team of all posters that say something you think you can all pounce on Strange people.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Latest argument in IT is that of the naming of the main branch of code in something like Github.

Traditionally been "master", there's currently many kicking off saying it "refers to slavery", patent bollocks. Media has traditionally used the phrase "master copy" after all.
    I saw something similar on Twitter about "master bedrooms" in Texas being renamed. I'm assuming it's a tiny minority of people who actually want those words changed, the majority have bigger fish to fry

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Do you think the poster who used that term is racist?, or are you just calling him out to look the smart arse you are.?
    You know very well that White people aren't really white in colour, and red Indians aren't really red. etc.
    We all do don't we?
    These colours used to describe different races have even been used in songs like Melting Pot by Blue Mink, which was written yrs ago to promote a racist free world.
    Posters like you, Sludge , Eric , Splotty etc, are so far up your own arses. Like a saturation bombing team of all posters that say something you think you can all pounce on Strange people.
    Yes I do think the person who used that term on here the other day is racist . He also slagged off black lives matter and used the same old nonsense all lives matter .....which was coined by britain first , a far right neo nazi group . You see such use of the term all over social media . If he isnt racist hes either just looking for an arguement or very ignorant . I mean its quite simple really . People in their seventies and eighties who are not racists use the word coloured . People of that age that use the word coon or ****** obviously are .

In the last twenty years there has been an effort to try and get people not to use the term coloured but just because someone uses it , I dont assume they are racist . I listen to other cues and clues , it usually doesnt take long to work things out .

There is a cancel culture out there - best example is that of the trans community. JK Rowling was targetted, now Graham Linehan. anyone, for example, who point out the notion that a trans woman can't menstruate ( clue; bit difficult with no womb ) is labelled "transphobic". Pointing out a basic and bleeding ( pun intended ) obvious biological fact isn't prejudicing or inciting hate of trans women.

Jonathan Pie

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Jonathan Pie

Oddly enough
    I was just about to post this which seems apt for this thread.

Jonathan Pie, Woke Utopia.

https://youtu.be/e5TVLEaqqdI

Well there is clearly a difference between having a different opinion about the destruction of statues and someone who denies that black people in today's society are still discriminated against and say that , and I quote from another cardiff city website , these blacks are lazy and always play the race card

I like pie , hes a very funny guy , I think his comments about jk rowling getting abuse are spot on

But he seems to be suggesting here that racism , for example , isnt as bad as it used to be so we should stop going on about it

It is a fact that you are 7 times more likely to be stopped by the police in south wales if you are black . Therefore if the police , the up holders of law and order have an element of prejudiced people working for them then it's more than likely that the rest of society does too.

Well there is clearly a difference between having a different opinion about the destruction of statues and someone who denies that black people in today's society are still discriminated against and say that , and I quote from another cardiff city website , these blacks are lazy and always play the race card

I like pie , hes a very funny guy , I think his comments about jk rowling getting abuse are spot on

But he seems to be suggesting here that racism , for example , isnt as bad as it used to be so we should stop going on about it

It is a fact that you are 7 times more likely to be stopped by the police in south wales if you are black . Therefore if the police , the up holders of law and order have an element of prejudiced people working for them then it's more than likely that the rest of society does too.
    It's a spoof, his real name is Tom Walker, his character is playing out the personal views of a political reporter.

He is absolutely spot on about Identity politics.

Would those police officers involved in say Operation Trident, set up to fight back on black violence be automatically racist as a result, Sludge?

There was a video going round of police stopping and searching black youth from a few days ago. He was a bit lippy. Black woman walking by interjects herself into it - "why are you stopping him? He doesn't want to be searched".

Policeman finds a 9 inch knife on the kid, shows it to the woman and says "That's why he didn't want to be searched".

Her response? Passive-aggressve "I don't like your tone, you're being rude to me".

Now, the kid was stopped, a dangerous weapon was found and he was nicked. Should that be invalidated because black people are stopped more and thus the policy must be racist?

There is a cancel culture out there - best example is that of the trans community. JK Rowling was targetted, now Graham Linehan. anyone, for example, who point out the notion that a trans woman can't menstruate ( clue; bit difficult with no womb ) is labelled "transphobic". Pointing out a basic and bleeding ( pun intended ) obvious biological fact isn't prejudicing or inciting hate of trans women.
    I'll be honest, I don't know the exact ins and outs of Graham Lineham's situation but from the tweets I've seen he can be pretty aggressive and vile. I've heard a big part of the complaints against him were him suggesting kids were being groomed by innocent trans people, I don't think it was as simple as him going "hey guys, trans women can't menstruate", no one gets booted off Twitter just for that.

But, like I said, I'm no expert on the whole thing

Funny because it's true

The term is absolute bollocks and when people use it I ignore it completely.

Would those police officers involved in say Operation Trident, set up to fight back on black violence be automatically racist as a result, Sludge?

There was a video going round of police stopping and searching black youth from a few days ago. He was a bit lippy. Black woman walking by interjects herself into it - "why are you stopping him? He doesn't want to be searched".

Policeman finds a 9 inch knife on the kid, shows it to the woman and says "That's why he didn't want to be searched".

Her response? Passive-aggressve "I don't like your tone, you're being rude to me".

Now, the kid was stopped, a dangerous weapon was found and he was nicked. Should that be invalidated because black people are stopped more and thus the policy must be racist?
    No the stopping of that youth was correct

But black people are stopped simply because they are black , which is clearly racist

Operation trident is an initiative everybody should support but a police officer who is racist is racist if hes in trident or walking the beat in chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    He is absolutely spot on about Identity politics.
    I dont think he is

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's a spoof, his real name is Tom Walker, his character is playing out the personal views of a political reporter.
    He begins as a reporter then steps into his real views

They have been overwhelmingly left wing , attacking Theresa may , the brexit voters , boris etc and I agree with his stance

But here he is giving his real views on political correctness and I dont agree with him