+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff boss Neil Harris critical of EFL over winger loan doubt

Cardiff boss Neil Harris critical of EFL over winger loan doubt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53205122

I was wondering what is going to happen with our loan players. It seems that Sanderson will probably stay until the end of the season, but Adomah could be leaving at the end of June.

Re: Cardiff boss Neil Harris critical of EFL over winger loan doubt

The EFL should announce that either all contracts are extended or none are even if that means paying the out of contract players for a few more weeks

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The EFL should announce that either all contracts are extended or none are even if that means paying the out of contract players for a few more weeks
    What if a player doesn't want his contract extended, they can't be forced to stay on can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    What if a player doesn't want his contract extended, they can't be forced to stay on can they?
    No they can't, that would be silly.

Players looking to move elsewhere have already rightly refused to extend contracts and risk getting injured.

What the EFL should be doing is saying "all loan agreements automatically extended IF player agrees". Forest are cynically doing this to "hurt" a rival - although with NML coming back to full match fitness and Murphy to come back, I don't think we'd suffer greatly if he did return.

Doesnt seem right but it works both ways i guess, players and clubs will use it to their advantage.

Luckily we have NML ready and waiting and Murphy close to fitness and Whyte i suppose if things get really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Make it a standard, with an option to opt out of you choose. Not too difficult.