Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
Same team and style of play???

Are you pissed?

It’s not Brazil 1970 but there are several differences. Smithies for Etheridge, both good shot stoppers but Smithies distribution is far better. Flint and Pack, both of whom I could beat in a foot race, have finally been binned. Should never have been signed in the first place. Full backs are now allowed to cross the half way line. The 2 loans he’s brought in have done well, especially young Sanderson who gives us a dimension at full back we didn’t have before, showing how restricted we were with Peltier. His cross yesterday was fantastic for the opener and I really hope we can convince him to stay next season.

As has already been touched on the wingers are not just an extra fullback they are getting forward and Hoilett seems like he’s had a new lease of life as he gets consistent game time.

Vaulks and Tomlin have been given a second chance after being harshly treated by Colin and what he’s done with Tomlin is unbelievable. His man management of Tomlin has been first class. If he’s had to drop out to play different tactics like we have last 2 games to get legs in midfield he hasn’t thrown him under the bus, instead he’s made a point of praising the whole squad and substitutes not just the starting XI.

Also, since Pack has been dropped I must say Bacuna is starting to look a better midfielder.

Harris taken the best bits of Neil Warnock is work ethic, organisation, getting it forward quickly but there is more of a method than just lumping it forward head height. It’s been played into Glatzels feet / chest but also we are scoring more freely from open play.

So far I am delighted with Harris and what he’s doing given the limitations of the squad.
Great post-well summed up. Agree with everything that you say. Interesting to see how Bacuna has developed. He's certainly got an edge, not the most composed player on the park but i love how he doesn't hide and getson the ball using his aggression. He's fitting in quite nicely now, he's a bit of a nasty bastard as well, always leaves a little bit on his opponent, just what we needed.